When does it start and ?
What sites are covering it?
I think this is the official site. They have very good coverage when the stages actually start and the page automatically refreshes frequently.
Senior Member (Retired)
True. But has anyone tried www.tourdefrance.com recently? Is it still a porn site?
Originally Posted by CosmicRocker
I thought I heard somewhere that Alpe D'Huez is not included in this year's tour - is that true and if so, why? I can't imagine it being a TDF without this stage.
Actually there are several years the Alpe D'Huez climb was not included, here's the complete list, dates and winners:
Winners of the Alpe d'Huez stage at Tour de France
* 2004 : Lance Armstrong (USA)
* 2003 : Iban Mayo (Spain)
* 2001 : Lance Armstrong (USA)
* 1999 : Giuseppe Guerini (Italy)
* 1997 : Marco Pantani (Italy)
* 1995 : Marco Pantani (Italy)
* 1994 : Roberto Conti (Italy)
* 1992 : Andrew Hampsten (USA)
* 1991 : Gianni Bugno (Italy)
* 1990 : Gianni Bugno (Italy)
* 1989 : Gert-Jan Theunisse (Netherlands)
* 1988 : Stephen Rooks (Netherlands)
* 1987 : Federico Echave (Spain)
* 1986 : Bernard Hinault (France)
* 1984 : Luis Herrera (Colombia)
* 1983 : Peter Winnen (Netherlands)
* 1982 : Beat Breu (Switzerland)
* 1981 : Peter Winnen (Netherlands)
* 1979* : Joop Zoetemelk (Netherlands)
* 1979* : Joaquim Agostinho (Portugal)
* 1978 : Hennie Kuiper (Netherlands)
* 1977 : Hennie Kuiper (Netherlands)
* 1976 : Joop Zoetemelk (Netherlands)
* 1952 : Fausto Coppi (Italy)
*In the 1979 Tour de France, there were two stages at l'Alpe d'Huez.
le Diable du Tour
No Alpe d'Huez this year. The mountain stage I'm looking forward to is stage 10, Grenoble > Courchevel.
Originally Posted by JungleCat
This year's tour route really favor's Armstrong's rivals, IMHO.
I agree...It seems like every year, the Tour is staged in a way to beat Lance. It should be called "Le Tour To Beat Lance".
Its change the Mountain stages, or make the team TT worth less, or route it in a way that gives other riders a better chance....
Originally Posted by dahvaio
haha yea, they made the mountain stages easier to give the other ppl a better chance of winning
Originally Posted by serotta
And Paul Sherwen mentions it every year.....
LMAO! How right you are!
Originally Posted by ed073
Originally Posted by gmason
HA! Its a UK Gambling site now! Too funny