Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Maglia Ciclamino gcasillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Bianchi Infinito, 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker
    Posts
    3,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thor Hushovd and the maillot vert

    He's all but wrapped it up. The only way he doesn't get it in Paris is if he beefs it before the finish line on the Champs-Elysses. Boonen was clearly the best man this year, and Robbie's relegation pretty much put him out of contention, so it's bittersweet. But Thor's my man, and I'm very happy to see him win it.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    fogtown...san francisco
    My Bikes
    Ron Cooper, Time VXSR, rock lobster, rock lobster, serotta, ritchey, kestrel, paramount
    Posts
    2,276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of who is still in the tour, Robbie is clearly faster than Thor...how many stages did Thor win?
    fogriderlooking for sun

  3. #3
    mostly harmless kubla khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    san jose, ca
    My Bikes
    2004 Fuji Team
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fogrider
    of who is still in the tour, Robbie is clearly faster than Thor...how many stages did Thor win?
    zero

  4. #4
    Race to train jrennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    suffering on the back
    Posts
    3,115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many points were lost for the head pushing dq?

  5. #5
    Maglia Ciclamino gcasillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Bianchi Infinito, 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker
    Posts
    3,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The maillot vert goes to whoever racks up the most points, not specifically he who wins the most stages or is fastest in a bunch sprint. Petacchi could dust Bettini 10 times out of 10, but guess who won the maglia ciclamino in this year's Giro?

  6. #6
    meb
    meb is offline
    Senior Member meb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    arlington, VA
    Posts
    1,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrennie
    how many points were lost for the head pushing dq?
    26 or 24, depending upon whether you take the third away as finished or the fourth place 24 he would have got without pushing O'Grady.

  7. #7
    Race to train jrennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    suffering on the back
    Posts
    3,115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meb
    26 or 24, depending upon whether you take the third away as finished or the fourth place 24 he would have got without pushing O'Grady.
    so he would be in the lead if not for that incident. That has to sit well at the end of the day for the little aussie

  8. #8
    meb
    meb is offline
    Senior Member meb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    arlington, VA
    Posts
    1,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcasillo
    He's all but wrapped it up. The only way he doesn't get it in Paris is if he beefs it before the finish line on the Champs-Elysses. Boonen was clearly the best man this year, and Robbie's relegation pretty much put him out of contention, so it's bittersweet. But Thor's my man, and I'm very happy to see him win it.
    Aren't there 62 available sprint winner points to go including 47 on Sunday?

    15 & 21 point edges don't seem to make Thor's Jersey in the bag yet.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who was it that said before the Tour that the Maillot Vert is overrated? I thought it was McEwen or O'Grady'.

    Quote Originally Posted by meb
    Aren't there 62 available sprint winner points to go including 47 on Sunday?

    15 & 21 point edges don't seem to make Thor's Jersey in the bag yet.
    Well O'Grady would have to win the final stage with Thor 7th or worse. Doubtful.

  10. #10
    Maglia Ciclamino gcasillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Bianchi Infinito, 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker
    Posts
    3,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero points available in tomorrow's ITT. One intermediate sprint and the finish line on Sunday. All Hushovd has to do is cover any break on the intermediate sprint and shadow O'Grady and McEwen.

    Unless he's tackled hard by a sleeping policeman or bonks, it is over.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcasillo
    Zero points available in tomorrow's ITT.
    Well there are, but not really relevant because none of the contenders will get any.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •