Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-05, 07:32 AM   #1
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
Thread Starter
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you think he will do after his racing career is over?

Start his own bike line?
Team Coach?
Become a Sheryl Crow groupie?
Marry Sheryl Crow?
OLN commentator?
Run his Livestrong organization full-time?

What do you think?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

Last edited by KingTermite; 07-23-05 at 08:51 AM.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 07:57 AM   #2
SamDaBikinMan
Crank Crushing Redneck
 
SamDaBikinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: A van down by the river.
Bikes: Bikes are environmentally damaging
Posts: 2,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He will get fat like Eddy Merckx of course!
SamDaBikinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 09:43 AM   #3
youm0nt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
maybe something with junior racing.
youm0nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 09:44 AM   #4
Elvish Legion
JOCP Senior Advisor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fort Worth/Keller Texas
Bikes: 1979 Shcwinn Varsity, 2005 Speciazlied Transition Multi-Sport, 2005 Specailized Sirrus
Posts: 1,061
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sheryl Crow Guitar Tech!

Elvish
Elvish Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 09:49 AM   #5
Trekke
Lets Ride
 
Trekke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Biking Country, USA
Bikes: Trek 1200, Lemond Sarthe, Gary Fisher Tass
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All the above.
Trekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 09:52 AM   #6
collegeskier
Senior Member
 
collegeskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evanston, IL
Bikes: Felt F5, Fuji Robaix Pro and a KHS Mountain Bike
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Become the Bernard Hinault of the Tour De Georgia.
collegeskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 10:19 AM   #7
AlanS
Source Of All Knowledge
 
AlanS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern CA
Bikes:
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think he could get some of the most lucrative endorsement deals of all time. I think you'll see his face and signature everywhere -- from cereal boxes, to sporting equipment, to medical research philanthropy. There are other great athletes out there, but not enough who are not tainted by steroid scandals, **** trials, or other run-ins with the law. I think he is a great hero and deserves the great life he has ahead.
AlanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 10:41 AM   #8
2wheeled
Cheers!
 
2wheeled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Woodinville
Bikes: Scott Addict R15, Cadd 9
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He'll run for president.
__________________
2wheeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 10:47 AM   #9
allgoo19
Deported by koffee
 
allgoo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: So. Cal
Bikes:
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everybody forgot Disney Land.
allgoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 11:01 AM   #10
Jaco
Italo-racer
 
Jaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Bikes: 03 Bianchi Veloce, 04 Surly Steamroller
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope that he'll use himself to promote cycling and racing in the US. He has a chance to bring cycling to a level that will hopefully be able to sustain itself once he is not in the picture. In the US, baseball, basketball and football will be the three kings, but he can help to put cycling on the map more than it is. I don't think it will ever rival the popularity it enjoys in Europe, but he can help make it a more popular sport in the US.

Maybe an Armstrong national racing series, or some other way to throw his name and persona into the mix.
Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 11:21 AM   #11
SunSwingsLow
Senior Member
 
SunSwingsLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Bikes:
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTermite
What do you think he will do after his racing career is over?

Start his own bike line?
Team Coach?
Become a Sheryl Crow groupie?
Marry Sheryl Crow?
OLN commentator?
Run his Livestrong organization full-time?

What do you think?
OMG!! His bikes would sell like crazy.

I think he will devote a ton of time to his Livestrong organization and go after the 1 hour record.
SunSwingsLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 12:32 PM   #12
collegeskier
Senior Member
 
collegeskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evanston, IL
Bikes: Felt F5, Fuji Robaix Pro and a KHS Mountain Bike
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco
I hope that he'll use himself to promote cycling and racing in the US. He has a chance to bring cycling to a level that will hopefully be able to sustain itself once he is not in the picture. In the US, baseball, basketball and football will be the three kings, but he can help to put cycling on the map more than it is. I don't think it will ever rival the popularity it enjoys in Europe, but he can help make it a more popular sport in the US.

Maybe an Armstrong national racing series, or some other way to throw his name and persona into the mix.
I would guess that he is going to attempt to say active in biking and promoting it in the US in particular, for two important reason. 1)I believe that he truly likes bike racing and 2) it is good for his wallet and that of LAF. Someone here said that he is part owner of Discovery Team as well as CTS.
collegeskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 12:39 PM   #13
TomM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Bikes: Trek5000
Posts: 951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTermite
What do you think he will do after his racing career is over?
Hey, isn't this a spoiler? Where's moderator when you need one.
TomM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 12:47 PM   #14
jrennie
Race to train
 
jrennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: suffering on the back
Bikes:
Posts: 3,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
groom/train PoPo to beat basso and ulrich next year
jrennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 12:52 PM   #15
racingpain
Ameture Racing Cyclist
 
racingpain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tri-Cities Washington
Bikes: Trek 1000 road bike and Trek 820 Mountain Bike
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He made an announcement, I believe it was before stg 19 that he will stay highly involved with the team, possibly as a coach. He mentioned Papovich. I think it will be a long while before we will see him disappear off the scene totally.

RacingPain
racingpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 12:57 PM   #16
daytonian
elitist jerk
 
daytonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Blow - hio
Bikes: CAAD9
Posts: 4,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He will start Armstrong bikes within 5 years naming the first road bike "The crow". His cruiser line will contain the "Ullrich flyer".
daytonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 01:27 PM   #17
skinnyone
Dude wheres my guads?
 
skinnyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Guess
Bikes: Not enough
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He will be the Dems next contendor... you saw Kerry there right??...
skinnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 01:31 PM   #18
daytonian
elitist jerk
 
daytonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Blow - hio
Bikes: CAAD9
Posts: 4,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyone
He will be the Dems next contendor... you saw Kerry there right??...
Is Lance a Dem?
daytonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 01:42 PM   #19
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?
 
hi565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ma
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3
Posts: 6,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSwingsLow
OMG!! His bikes would sell like crazy.

I think he will devote a ton of time to his Livestrong organization and go after the 1 hour record.
I dont think the one hour record. I think hes done. I may be wrong though.

I think he is going to devote alot of time to LAF and be able to spend times with his kids. The guy really hardly gets to spend that much time with his kids. Also hes going to keep on with the endorsements.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------
hi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 01:51 PM   #20
rich007
Senior Member
 
rich007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ/NYC
Bikes: 2008 Salsa Fargo
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonian
He will start Armstrong bikes within 5 years naming the first road bike "The crow". His cruiser line will contain the "Ullrich flyer".
Funny, actually "The crow" line might be called "Cuervo" bikes... IIRC, that's how he and his teammates used to refer to Sheryl when in Spain, Juanita Cuervo... Just a thought...
rich007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 02:32 PM   #21
SunSwingsLow
Senior Member
 
SunSwingsLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Bikes:
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyone
He will be the Dems next contendor... you saw Kerry there right??...
NO WAY!! Lance is a REPUBLICAN!! Hes good friends with President Bush and has ridden with him before. Bush rides for his exercise as his knees cant take the running and thus the 2 have been intertwined in the promotion of bicycling in America. The only reason that A$$ CLOWN Kerry was there was because of Crow and thier relationship. Dont let him fool you with that "avid supporter" BS. Kerry just wishes he was a politician in France anyways. They can have him.

Sorry didnt mean to get political. But now every time I watch a re-run of Lances final TT(which will be in the 100's) I will have to see him in it.

/rant

i feel better now
SunSwingsLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 02:41 PM   #22
publius
Senior Member
 
publius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Longmont, CO
Bikes:
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSwingsLow
NO WAY!! Lance is a REPUBLICAN!! Hes good friends with President Bush and has ridden with him before. Bush rides for his exercise as his knees cant take the running and thus the 2 have been intertwined in the promotion of bicycling in America. The only reason that A$$ CLOWN Kerry was there was because of Crow and thier relationship. Dont let him fool you with that "avid supporter" BS. Kerry just wishes he was a politician in France anyways. They can have him.

Sorry didnt mean to get political. But now every time I watch a re-run of Lances final TT(which will be in the 100's) I will have to see him in it.

/rant

i feel better now

Sorry friend, not true! There was a program on OLN the other day where they asked him if he had ridden with Bush and he said he never had. Then when asked who he liked in music other than Sheryl Crow he said Bono because of all of his philanthropic work (i.e. not Republican things). I can almost guarantee you that you're wrong.
publius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 02:59 PM   #23
SunSwingsLow
Senior Member
 
SunSwingsLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Bikes:
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by publius
Sorry friend, not true! There was a program on OLN the other day where they asked him if he had ridden with Bush and he said he never had. Then when asked who he liked in music other than Sheryl Crow he said Bono because of all of his philanthropic work (i.e. not Republican things). I can almost guarantee you that you're wrong.
Yeah because the Bush Administration hasnt been the single greatest donor to Africa and the Aids epidemic. In fact more than DOUBLING the aid to Africa and increasing aid throughout the rest of the 3rd world nations at a staggering 50% increase over the Clinton era. You might want to check the facts before you go saying that Philanthrophy hasnt been a moto of this Administration. This Administration has spent more of the poor nations of the World than any other Administration by a huge long shot. Check the facts.

Quite frankly it would be nearly immpossible for you to say that this Adminstration hasnt spent enough money on 3rd world nations and Philanthropy. In fact the argument could be made that they have spent far to much. But thats for another board.

In fact at the recent Live 8 concert they were all instructed to leave thier opinions of Bush out of their sermons on the stage becasue of the massive amount of money that the Bush administration has pledged. Gelman(sp?) put it in the contract.
SunSwingsLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 03:13 PM   #24
Guest
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quit it with the political talk before this whole thread gets moved to Politics and Religion.

Koffee

Mod
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 03:16 PM   #25
SunSwingsLow
Senior Member
 
SunSwingsLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Bikes:
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koffee brown
Quit it with the political talk before this whole thread gets moved to Politics and Religion.

Koffee

Mod



Lance Rules All.
SunSwingsLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 AM.