following the tour through france: tips, ideas, resources
ok, so i'm super-serious about doing this next year, and from what i hear, if i want a room anywhere on the tour route, i need to start now to get one.
so, can anyone help me out here? i don't want to pay some overpriced tour company to do this. i'm an experienced world traveller, but just need some info.
1) when/where will they post the 07 tour route? [1b- where do they post specific roads/routing?]
2) where can you rent rv's from?
3) how do you know about road closings when the tour's coming through?
4) any tips on what works best? rv's are good but gas is expensive. tent camping sounds great, but are we going to be able to find showers somewhere?
5) i'm from the USA but I'm a fan of a norwegian rider. do i wave the flag of my country, or the country of the rider i support? ;)
thanks y'all. i tried three times to get into l'etape du tour and i've given up on waiting to get into that. i just have to go do this.