Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    fmw
    fmw is offline
    Hoosier Pedaler fmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up for CSC and T Mobile

    Great teams. Each had a superstar contender that was ejected at the start of the Tour. Each now has another contender and both teams looked strong in the Alps. Impressive. Discovery, on the other hand, appears to be finished. No Lance, no Discovery team, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by fmw; 07-19-06 at 12:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would be great aside from having their superstars/captains removed for doping and if that iwasnt an indication of how the rest of their team is.

    Your probaly right about dico, I dont think they will keep alot of the sponsors without a big showing at the TDF no matter how many other races they do well in.

  3. #3
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, a big thumbs up to both of them. Also to Rabobank. AG2R gets the most improved award.
    i may have overreacted

  4. #4
    fmw
    fmw is offline
    Hoosier Pedaler fmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggard
    Yes, a big thumbs up to both of them. Also to Rabobank. AG2R gets the most improved award.
    Or Iles Baleares. They have the yellow jersey at the moment. I doubt anybody rated them as serious contenders at the start of the Tour.

  5. #5
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmw
    Or Iles Baleares. They have the yellow jersey at the moment. I doubt anybody rated them as serious contenders at the start of the Tour.
    Though Valverde was seen as a possible winner.
    i may have overreacted

  6. #6
    fmw
    fmw is offline
    Hoosier Pedaler fmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, of course. I guess I should put them in the thumbs up category with CSC and T Mobile.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmw
    Great teams. Each had a superstar contender that was ejected at the start of the Tour. Each now has another contender and both teams looked strong in the Alps. Impressive. Discovery, on the other hand, appears to be finished. No Lance, no Discovery team, I'm afraid.
    +1
    Everyone has a right to an opinion. However, this does not mean that one's opinion is right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •