Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member billallbritten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Murray, KY
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500 FX (2005)
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    MSNBC: B Sample results to be released at 5:00AM EDT

    His: Trek 7500FX
    Bianchi Veloce
    Spouse: Trek 7.5FX
    Daughter's: GT Slipstream (nice steel campus bike, step through frame)

  2. #2
    Mooninite shakeNbake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South of Heaven
    My Bikes
    $53 Walmart Special
    Posts
    3,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't hold your breath though.

  3. #3
    Banned. Helmet Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you search for "Floyd Landis" at news.google.com, and sort by date, all of the top hits are about Floyd waiting for the B sample results. Talk about missing the story.

    It's time the American public is informed by the media, like the French public has known for years, that illegal performance enhancement is PERVASIVE in bicycling racing (and all other sports at the highest levels), that the tests only catch a tiny portion of the guilty, and so those who are actualy found guilty are simply unlucky as compared to the others, or maybe were a little bit sloppier.

    It's a system that works like a lottery that effectively selects careers to ruin at random.

    One view is that Pantani, Virenque, Millar, Simoni, Hamilton, Heras, Basso, Ullrich, Mancebo and now Landis (not to mention all the rest) are the only guilty ones, the cheaters, and all those not proved to be guilty (Armstrong, Pereiro. Sastre, Valverde, Leipheimer, Hincapie, Zabriskie, Vino, Kloden, etc.) are actually clean. I believe that view, while based on a noble premise (presume innocence until guilt is proven) blinds its adherence to the truth of what is actually going on, and so inhibits us from addressing it effectively (you can't solve a problem that you don't even acknowledge).

    The story should be about the pervasiveness of doping in cycling, not about Floyd happening to get caught.

  4. #4
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is 7pm EDT, and nothing on Landis's "B" sample. I even checked lequipe.fr .
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  5. #5
    Banned. Helmet Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan, the results will be released SATURDAY morning. Right now it's still Friday. Well, it just turned Saturday in France, but it's only midnight there. 10 more hours. You can do it.

  6. #6
    CAT 2 wanna be PolishPostal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Proctoville OH / Huntington WV
    My Bikes
    '04 Trek 5200
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bad feeling about the B sample.

  7. #7
    Banned. Helmet Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Floyd is lucky, someone will spill the sample or something. Otherwise, he's toast.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Blaireau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmet Head
    If Floyd is lucky, someone will spill the sample or something. Otherwise, he's toast.
    Burned toast. He is.

  9. #9
    screw you Keith Bontrager
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Savannah GA
    My Bikes
    2001 Lemond Zurich, Motobecane messenger
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway the traces they found were of a synthetic, man made testosterone. he is guilty, and i hate him.

  10. #10
    Ride, baby...RIDE! High Cadence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kodiak, Alaska
    My Bikes
    Specialized, Bringheli, Bianchi, Trek, Rocky Mountain, Kona, Burley, Schwinn Paramount
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I love lawyers...

    But Jose Maria Buxeda, one of Landis' lawyers, said Thursday he still believes Landis will prove his innocence even if the backup sample is positive.

    "He's pretty sure we will be able to prove, if this result is confirmed, that it is due to natural causes," Buxeda said.

    Even Johnny Cochran would have a hard time proving that the SYNTHETIC TESTOSTERONE that they found in his system was due to natural causes.

  11. #11
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,236
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    defintely time to go chewbaca

  12. #12
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmet Head
    Dan, the results will be released SATURDAY morning. Right now it's still Friday. Well, it just turned Saturday in France, but it's only midnight there. 10 more hours. You can do it.
    The sun and a f-ed work schedule messed me up, I thought it was Saturday all day.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  13. #13
    Banana Pancakes furiousferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,541
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmet Head
    If you search for "Floyd Landis" at news.google.com, and sort by date, all of the top hits are about Floyd waiting for the B sample results. Talk about missing the story.

    It's time the American public is informed by the media, like the French public has known for years, that illegal performance enhancement is PERVASIVE in bicycling racing (and all other sports at the highest levels), that the tests only catch a tiny portion of the guilty, and so those who are actualy found guilty are simply unlucky as compared to the others, or maybe were a little bit sloppier.

    It's a system that works like a lottery that effectively selects careers to ruin at random.
    I have to agree with this. At first I thought it was more selective, but with so many Phonak and Liberty Seguros riders getting busted, and the fact that these are 2 crappy teams in the UCI make me wonder what the top level teams are taking.

  14. #14
    Mooninite shakeNbake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South of Heaven
    My Bikes
    $53 Walmart Special
    Posts
    3,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
    defintely time to go chewbaca
    +1


  15. #15
    Its Freakin HammerTime!!! C_Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Off the back @ 188 BPM's
    My Bikes
    2008 Felt F3 :)
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only 2:45 mminutes to go! lol

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmet Head
    If you search for "Floyd Landis" at news.google.com, and sort by date, all of the top hits are about Floyd waiting for the B sample results. Talk about missing the story.

    It's time the American public is informed by the media, like the French public has known for years, that illegal performance enhancement is PERVASIVE in bicycling racing (and all other sports at the highest levels), that the tests only catch a tiny portion of the guilty, and so those who are actualy found guilty are simply unlucky as compared to the others, or maybe were a little bit sloppier.

    It's a system that works like a lottery that effectively selects careers to ruin at random.

    ...

    The story should be about the pervasiveness of doping in cycling, not about Floyd happening to get caught.
    1) Is there a testing regime that would be less subject to...well, manipulation
    or clever management by teams and riders? This would shed light on the
    actual incidence of doping.

    2) Does it make sense to impose a lifetime ban on riders who take prohibited
    performance-enhancing drugs? The calculation might then change for a rider
    considering their use.

    3) At some level, the teams are aware of what their riders are doing. Team officials
    who fail to exercise proper control should be held accountable. I'm not sure how
    this would be done, but it needs to be looked at.
    Iím not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said whatever it was.

  17. #17
    Very Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Yarramalong
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it has been announced.

    He failed.

  18. #18
    Banned. Helmet Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppaspoke
    1) Is there a testing regime that would be less subject to...well, manipulation
    or clever management by teams and riders? This would shed light on the
    actual incidence of doping.

    2) Does it make sense to impose a lifetime ban on riders who take prohibited
    performance-enhancing drugs? The calculation might then change for a rider
    considering their use.

    3) At some level, the teams are aware of what their riders are doing. Team officials
    who fail to exercise proper control should be held accountable. I'm not sure how
    this would be done, but it needs to be looked at.
    1) Not yet. And the riders seem to always be several steps ahead, for the most part (getting caught is the exception).

    2) No. The odds of getting caught are too low. You can give them the death penalty for getting caught using and they still will. That's now dedicated they are to... winning.

    3) That makes more sense. I believe LeMond has suggested suspending the entire team whenever any one rider is caught.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •