Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (http://www.bikeforums.net/professional-cycling-fans/)
-   -   Un Morceau de Crow pour botto (http://www.bikeforums.net/professional-cycling-fans/323839-un-morceau-de-crow-pour-botto.html)

Blaireau 07-22-07 12:23 PM

Un Morceau de Crow pour botto
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 4858481)
how much do you know about bike racing?

if you think he's going to be allowed to ride away a 2nd time from the peloton, obviously not much.

Eat crow Botto!! :)

You were talking about Rasmussen, Botto after his victory in the Alps. I had asked why couldn't Rasmussen do well again in the mountain. Got the typical haughty response above. Now he has ridden a second time away from the peloton to come second only to Contador. Did you miss it ? ;) (Stage 14)

And I am afraid that your condescending know-it-all-attitude did not prevent you from being completely wrong on this one.

Will I say that this means you know not much about racing? No! That would be stooping to you level of arrogance. I'll just say that you don't know as much as you think you do about pro cycling. May this make you a less arrogant poster.... (hopes spring eternal....)

And, yes I've pm'ed you: just don't want you to miss this post!

dropinloads 07-22-07 12:41 PM

Haven't any of you figured it out yet!!! In the post Lance era its all up in the air till the final TT.

Simoni 07-22-07 02:28 PM

If there's not a minumum age limit on this board, there ought to be.

Blaireau:

There's a difference between being allowed to get away because other riders choose not to chase, and attacking.

Today, a number of riders attacked and you obviously did not notice that Rasmussen did not pick up any KOM points until the finish. Had he been allowed to escape, like Virenque and Jalabert in the past to collect KOM points, then that would not have occurred. He went off on one stage as the peloton believed him to be going for KOM, which he was until he assumed the lead and that changed everything.

He rode with a large group of racers until the final climb, when that group slowly diminished in size due to the pace. Had he been allowed to get away (as in the stage referenced by botto, who acutually has forgotten more about this sport than you will ever know), he would have been alone.

Now, if I was a moderator I'd tell you to stop sending PM's to people when you don't agree with them. This was referenced in other threads, and as I recall you were referred to as "creepy" and a "stalker". In my case, the PM is turned off due to my not wanting to deal with email notifications from posters that have not a single clue.

So, if you are going to call people out, try to make an effort to at least have some tiny bit of knowledge of what you are talking about.

And stop posting the same things on multiple threads. It boring and stupid.

And Hinault wants you to stop using his photo in your avatar. It's embarrassing.

Finishing second in a stage is not being allowed to ride away.

I can't stop laughing at the stupidity of the opening post. It's hilarious. My sides hurt...

patentcad 07-22-07 02:43 PM

Stooping to arrogance RULES.

By the way, nobody 'allowed' Rasumssen to escape. That implies a choice in the matter.

And of course the wheels could still come off Rassy's train in that final TT. Fascinating race. Stay tuned. Unfortunately Vino didn't have it today. Now he's seriously DONE.

Good day for Disco, eh? They could put two riders on the podium. For Levi that would put him in a rather exclusive club. Three Americans have stood on the Tour de France podium: Lance, Greg and Bobby Julich. Let's hope Levi makes it four this year. He is poised. He may not crush anybody in the mtns, but I don't think Levi will have a bad day and lose big time either. I think Leipheimer can do it. He even has a shot to win. Anything can happen in the Tour. They also have to go DOWN those hills. Crashes can change everything.

Bullseye 07-22-07 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 4905440)
And of course the wheels could still come off Rassy's train in that final TT. Fascinating race. Stay tuned. Unfortunately Vino didn't have it today. Now he's seriously DONE.

Yeah, too bad about Vino. I wonder if he'll have anything left to work for Kloden, or what he'll do for the rest of the race.

I agree on Rasmussen. It's hard for me to think he'd be able to keep up this pace... not to mention with the final TT. This race is definitely up in the air still; it seems that anyone in the top 5 could take it.

-bullseye

Blaireau 07-22-07 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropinloads (Post 4905010)
Haven't any of you figured it out yet!!! In the post Lance era its all up in the air till the final TT.

I don't know if its quite that simple. There's always the possibility -- however unlikely -- of someone getting a huge lead before the final TT.

dropinloads 07-22-07 02:52 PM

Levi chance to win??? Don't really think so. Unless he can crush in the TT there is a very slim chance of that. Levi pretty much summed it up in the post race interview today on why he won't win. Attacking is not his style. The only way your going to win this race is to attack and get away. He is better off doing what he has been doing and get an easy podium place.

USAZorro 07-22-07 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaireau (Post 4904937)
Eat crow Botto!! :)

You were talking about Rasmussen, Botto after his victory in the Alps. I had asked why couldn't Rasmussen do well again in the mountain. Got the typical haughty response above. Now he has ridden a second time away from the peloton to come second only to Contador. Did you miss it ? ;) (Stage 14)

And I am afraid that your condescending know-it-all-attitude did not prevent you from being completely wrong on this one.

Will I say that this means you know not much about racing? No! That would be stooping to you level of arrogance. I'll just say that you don't know as much as you think you do about pro cycling. May this make you a less arrogant poster.... (hopes spring eternal....)

And, yes I've pm'ed you: just don't want you to miss this post!


I don't know. I think Botto is only guilty of buying into the conventional wisdom - much like you did about Vino - who now sits in 30th, over 30 minutes off the lead. FWIW, I think that Contador will leave Rasmussen on the final climb on stage 16 - which would indeed show that Rasmussen is not the best climber in the Tour - but the list of who's better is mighty short. ;)

patentcad 07-22-07 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropinloads (Post 4905473)
Levi chance to win??? Don't really think so. Unless he can crush in the TT there is a very slim chance of that. Levi pretty much summed it up in the post race interview today on why he won't win. Attacking is not his style. The only way your going to win this race is to attack and get away. He is better off doing what he has been doing and get an easy podium place.

I said chance as in 'possibility' even if somewhat remote. Like there is a chance you will comprehend the next post you read.

Blaireau 07-22-07 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAZorro (Post 4905496)
I don't know. I think Botto is only guilty of buying into the conventional wisdom - much like you did about Vino - who now sits in 30th, over 30 minutes off the lead.

Yeah, I agree on the Vino analogy: he's not winning the tour as I thought he would...But I did not belittle those who disagreed with me....

"how much do you know about bike racing?

if you think he's going to be allowed to ride away a 2nd time from the peloton, obviously not much."

Simoni 07-22-07 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaireau (Post 4905535)
Yeah, I agree on the Vino analogy: he's not winning the tour as I thought he would...But I did not belittle those who disagreed with me....

"how much do you know about bike racing?

if you think he's going to be allowed to ride away a 2nd time from the peloton, obviously not much."

:roflmao:


I can't stand it....

Lithuania 07-22-07 03:46 PM

wow you are so obsessed with botto that you no only created a thread for him but also PM'ed him? Wow

Moochers_Dad 07-22-07 04:24 PM

How do you say "imbecile" in French?

Blaireau 07-22-07 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskus (Post 4905722)
wow you are so obsessed with botto that you no only created a thread for him but also PM'ed him? Wow


Wow ! :eek:

ElJamoquio 07-22-07 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye (Post 4905451)
Yeah, too bad about Vino. I wonder if he'll have anything left to work for Kloden, or what he'll do for the rest of the race.

Too bad? I admire his work ethic, but he's wasted a teammate's chance at a TdF victory.

Bacciagalupe 07-22-07 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElJamoquio (Post 4905992)
Too bad? I admire his work ethic, but he's wasted a teammate's chance at a TdF victory.

His teammate has a busted tailbone and is still in 5th place.

I hardly see how taking out Moreau has seriously hurt Kloden. And with Vino down by 30 minutes now, the team can focus exclusively on supporting The Big K....

godspiral 07-22-07 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAZorro (Post 4905496)
FWIW, I think that Contador will leave Rasmussen on the final climb on stage 16 - which would indeed show that Rasmussen is not the best climber in the Tour - but the list of who's better is mighty short. ;)

Ras had a very dissapointed expression as Contador crossed the line. The last k wasn't steep and he pulled pretty hard for all of it, but I sensed he desparately wanted this stage win for its history (armstrong/pantani). I don't know which of the 2 is the better climber. Theoretically, younger guys are more prone to recovering and inconsistency.

reef58 07-22-07 05:32 PM

The great thing about this tour is anyone can crack on any day. I still think there are five guys that can finish anywhere between 1st and 5th. Remember the crack by Landis last year? It could happen to any of them.

Richard

Moochers_Dad 07-22-07 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 4906383)
I'm not sure what you need most: reading comprehension, a knowledge of cycling, or a life? :rolleyes:

Even two out of three would be an improvement.

Blaireau 07-22-07 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 4906383)
I'm not sure what you need most: reading comprehension, a knowledge of cycling, or a life? :rolleyes:

Considering the amount of time you spend posting in these parts, if anyone needs a life, it is you.:)
As far as your reading comprehension, it seems to vanish when a post points out your mistakes and arrogance. Not surprisingly, you love to tell people right and wrong ("correct"; "incorrect") but you are incapable of recognizing when you are wrong...

ElJamoquio 07-22-07 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 4906383)
I'm not sure what you need most: reading comprehension, a knowledge of cycling, or a life? :rolleyes:

What was this thread about, again? Haven't we changed the subject by now?

ElJamoquio 07-22-07 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe (Post 4906190)
His teammate has a busted tailbone and is still in 5th place.

I hardly see how taking out Moreau has seriously hurt Kloden. And with Vino down by 30 minutes now, the team can focus exclusively on supporting The Big K....

I was speaking mainly of Kloden waiting for Vino, the team effort pulling Vino back to the pack a week or so ago, etcetera. Not the attack per se, I agree that didn't really affect anything.

DocRay 07-22-07 06:55 PM

sad...french word for crow is corbeau, not crow, it's like they have a different word for everything in Franceland.

chipcom 07-22-07 07:01 PM

To the OP...what are you, like 16? :rolleyes:

The Weak Link 07-22-07 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaireau (Post 4904937)
Eat crow Botto!! :)


And I am afraid that your condescending know-it-all-attitude did not prevent you from being completely wrong on this one.

Why would amyone even pay attention to anything he says? When you smack him he just pulls that lame "You failed. Try again. Try harder." I think the guy is a first class idiot. Just click the little "ignore this poster" button and he goes away, he vanishes like warm breath on a cold night.....


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 PM.