Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like Rasmussen?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope

    65 43.05%
  • Yep

    65 43.05%
  • Niether

    21 13.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Senior Member SunSwingsLow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Do you like Rasmussen?

    It seems like there is alot of angst built up against this guy and everybody seems to have different reasons.

    I for some reason do not like him at all and do not want to see him win the TdF. I cant stand his boney little face.

    Whats your reason for liking or disliking.
    1999 GT Xizang Ti

    "i recieved an infraction"

  2. #2
    Senior Member reef58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    My Bikes
    Serotta Nove
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him because he is making many DS sweat. You don't thumb your nose at a legitimate contender and let him off on his merry way just because you think he sucks. It was the same with Pereiro last year.

    On the other hand Contador is great to watch, so if either one of them wins it I wont be disappointed. I was pulling for Kloden, but he isn't doing a lot.

    Richard

  3. #3
    Oh The Huge Manatee Lithuania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    mabra
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him because so many people dislike him and i think he may have asperger's syndrome.

  4. #4
    mountain troll deadly downtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    santa cruz mountains
    My Bikes
    the hummer brand mountain bike
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him... his comments to the press are humorous... he proves that tall people like me can also be the best climbers! if you can lose enough weight and look like christian bale in the machinist. also he is a dane, aka viking... vikings are cool.

  5. #5
    POWERCRANK addict markhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Acton, West London, UK
    Posts
    3,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His "hurt puppy dog" expression when asked about missing drug tests is a little suspicious. Especially when he seems to have no reasonable explanation.
    shameless POWERCRANK plug
    Recommended reading for all cyclists - Cyclecraft - Effective Cycling
    Condor Cycles - quite possibly the best bike shop in London
    Don't run red lights, wear a helmet, use hand signals, get some cycle lights(front and rear) and, FFS, don't run red lights!

  6. #6
    Ride Daddy Ride Jet Travis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Villa Incognito
    My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's proven a lot on the bike this tour. But I sure wish he hadn't gotten his butt kicked off the Danish national team. According to this story in Velonews, there's little joy in Rabo-world.

    http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/new...s/12900.0.html
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Supercourse, Peugeot Iseran, Raleigh Twenty
    Posts
    528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted "yep" primarily because he's a fascinating, exotic, and entertaining recent figure in racing. A rail-thin mountain biker from Denmark. Go figure.

  8. #8
    Senior Member VT Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R700 (2005)
    Posts
    1,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan due to the clear signs he was doping. I respect his riding capabilities.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gilbert AZ
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S5 SRAM Red -
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    velonews sucks. and should not attempt to tarnish the race anymore than it already is. I could care less what the dane did in 2002. But he makes this race fun and his comments are laughable.

    making great tv.

    I don't care if he or contador wins. I wish evans would pull off a miracle

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gilbert AZ
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S5 SRAM Red -
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VT Biker View Post
    Not a big fan due to the clear signs he was doping. I respect his riding capabilities.
    So why watch the race? I'm sure that every racer on that screen was implicated in one doping affair or another.

  11. #11
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,186
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like climbers. I like non-dopers. I like underdogs. I like team players.

    So... that makes me pretty conflicted on Ras. I do think he and Contador being 1-2 at this point is good drama and good for the tour.

  12. #12
    Senior Member gpelpel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, CA
    My Bikes
    Time VXRS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    Posts
    2,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMac View Post
    I like climbers. I like non-dopers. I like underdogs. I like team players.

    So... that makes me pretty conflicted on Ras. I do think he and Contador being 1-2 at this point is good drama and good for the tour.
    +1.

  13. #13
    Avid Cyclist
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My Bikes
    2009 Cervelo S1
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like MR. I've been a fan since his first King of the Mountains victory. He's an excellent climber. It takes alot of strength and mental endurance to breakaway to win a stage as he had in previous tours. However, to follow up a stage win with a firm grip on the yellow jersey is amazing. Out of all the other GC riders, he stated he was racing for yellow. He went out on stage 8 to accomplish his goal. He's held it despite attacks from competitors. He improved his time trial ability. Now he's on the edge of a tour win. Whether or not he wins the tour, he's more than earned my respect.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Madison-ish
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Allez Elite
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the little guy. Everyone writes him off and, well, he's still here. He's kind of an underdog.

    He kind of reminds me of myself in a way. Specifically the way he time trialed in 2005.

  15. #15
    my nice bike is at home kraftwerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    2011 BMC Race Machine / Colnago ct 1 / 80's Rossin / 90's Merlin/ 70's Raleigh 20/ Swift folder, etc.
    Posts
    668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks a bit pale. I would even say sickly, but his performance says otherwise. Aspergers! ha! could be, or perhaps it is 'once a Mt. Biker always a Mt. Biker' He prefers to ride alone in the woods. Get the mic. outta his face. Let him brood.

  16. #16
    Je pose, donc je suis. gcl8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Odense, Denmark
    Posts
    1,463
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSwingsLow View Post
    It seems like there is alot of angst built up against this guy and everybody seems to have different reasons.

    I for some reason do not like him at all and do not want to see him win the TdF. I cant stand his boney little face.

    Whats your reason for liking or disliking.
    I think you need to look up the meaning of that word.

  17. #17
    Solo Rider, always DFL
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beacon, NY
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Schwinn Voyageur
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the guy had done anything other than miss a notification to UCI that he was in Mexico, I would be upset as well. He failed to mention that he was extending his stay by a few days. Big whoop.

    Contador-come-lately fans may want to bear in mind that he was suspended, along with all of Astana last year for suspicion of doping. No one is talking about that... how is it that only now in yellow is everyone concerned about an allegation from five years ago with Rasmussen?

    Yeah yeah, talk about "destroying cycling" and all that, but if every leader gets pummeled, then maybe it's the press that's not letting unproven dogs lie.
    "Having modest aspirations RULES." --patentcad
    "You know who I feel bad for? Arab-Americans with a real, genuine interest in cropdusting." -- Brian Regan
    blogging about nothing, when the mood strikes

  18. #18
    Dude wheres my guads? skinnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guess
    My Bikes
    Not enough
    Posts
    2,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is probably one of the few guys skinnier than me.. Of course I like him..

  19. #19
    Senior Member maddyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ky. and FL.
    My Bikes
    KHS steel SS
    Posts
    3,945
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him, If he wins it may signal a new arms race in the doping industry. Instead of EPO, HGH, and testosterone, it will be phen-fen, laproscopic surgey, anorexia, and bulimia.
    Not too much to say here

  20. #20
    oldsprinter oldsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superslomo View Post
    If the guy had done anything other than miss a notification to UCI that he was in Mexico, I would be upset as well. He failed to mention that he was extending his stay by a few days. Big whoop.

    Contador-come-lately fans may want to bear in mind that he was suspended, along with all of Astana last year for suspicion of doping. No one is talking about that... how is it that only now in yellow is everyone concerned about an allegation from five years ago with Rasmussen?

    Yeah yeah, talk about "destroying cycling" and all that, but if every leader gets pummeled, then maybe it's the press that's not letting unproven dogs lie.
    Superslomo, if I have read correctly, the testers did not learn that Rasmussen was in Mexico until a day before he was to return. Is this not the case? Sounds like you know the situation pretty well.

    Also, he was already on warnings for missed tests before the Mexico trip? So it was a bit odd not to tell them in time? You might have more info than me. It sounds very weird to me that he risked expulsion from the Danish team - no Olympics, etc. And why send notification by mail? He has a computer and the UCI has an online form he could send in. I guess I'm asking you too many things, obviously you don't know the guy's mind. But odd, no? To mail instead of emailing when your position on the Danish team is at stake.

  21. #21
    WAARRGH! silver bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VT Biker View Post
    Not a big fan due to the clear signs he was doping. I respect his riding capabilities.
    I suspect there is not a single rider in the TdF today that hasn't been involved in doping at one point during their career. Some just seem to be better at hiding than others.

  22. #22
    Senior Member SunSwingsLow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcl8a View Post
    I think you need to look up the meaning of that word.
    Id say the definition fits great...especially considering the etimology of the word.


    Etymology: Danish & German; Danish, from German
    : a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity

    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/angst
    1999 GT Xizang Ti

    "i recieved an infraction"

  23. #23
    Solo Rider, always DFL
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beacon, NY
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Schwinn Voyageur
    Posts
    1,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From another thread on here, he told them he was there, but didn't tell them he was extending his stay by a week or possibly two. Someone seemed to indicate his wife was from there, so it's not out of the clear blue sky that he was down there...

    UCI or whomever was informed the day of his return as to the extension of the stay. It's not a good thing, but it's not some huge deal either. If we want to assume things, that's what we're doing. No proof of doping is at hand at the moment, and that's sort of a big difference to my mind.

    Anyone with info know whether there's been a scandal specifically involving Rabo in the past?
    "Having modest aspirations RULES." --patentcad
    "You know who I feel bad for? Arab-Americans with a real, genuine interest in cropdusting." -- Brian Regan
    blogging about nothing, when the mood strikes

  24. #24
    WAARRGH! silver bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    I like him, If he wins it may signal a new arms race in the doping industry. Instead of EPO, HGH, and testosterone, it will be phen-fen, laproscopic surgey, anorexia, and bulimia.
    According to the TdF website, Rasmussen is 1.75m tall and 69kg heavy - exactly the same as Contador. I have a hard time believing that as both seem considerably lighter the 69kg.

  25. #25
    oldsprinter oldsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superslomo View Post
    From another thread on here, he told them he was there, but didn't tell them he was extending his stay by a week or possibly two. Someone seemed to indicate his wife was from there, so it's not out of the clear blue sky that he was down there...

    UCI or whomever was informed the day of his return as to the extension of the stay. It's not a good thing, but it's not some huge deal either. If we want to assume things, that's what we're doing. No proof of doping is at hand at the moment, and that's sort of a big difference to my mind.

    Anyone with info know whether there's been a scandal specifically involving Rabo in the past?
    The Aussie rider Rory Sutherland got sacked by Rabobank for drugs. And they got rid of that soingeur who was said to have bought loads of steroids - van Wool or Weel. I forget his name. I guess that's two plusses for the team really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •