Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-08, 05:24 AM   #1
Paco97
Allegheny Mtns of WV
Thread Starter
 
Paco97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hampshire County, West Virginia
Bikes: Giant Cypress
Posts: 310
Lance and Skin Cream

I was watching the Legends of the Tour that I got with my edition of Tour Magazine. They feature Lance's career pre-post cancer. They also talk about the doping rumors. One year maybe 2000 or so, they briefly talk about a skin cream controversy.

does anyone remember this? What was this controversy about?
Paco97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 05:54 AM   #2
classic1
Senior Member
 
classic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 5,018
No controversy. Lance was clean. He just liked having smooth, wrinkle free balls. The French were out to get him. Also, apparently he had cancer, but he got better.
classic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 05:57 AM   #3
Paco97
Allegheny Mtns of WV
Thread Starter
 
Paco97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hampshire County, West Virginia
Bikes: Giant Cypress
Posts: 310
Ok. I know that Barry bonds used a steriod called, The Clear, which was a skin cream. I was a little worried.
Paco97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 06:03 AM   #4
hell_yes
Custom User Title
 
hell_yes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Parkland, Fl
Bikes:
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco97 View Post
I was watching the Legends of the Tour that I got with my edition of Tour Magazine. They feature Lance's career pre-post cancer. They also talk about the doping rumors. One year maybe 2000 or so, they briefly talk about a skin cream controversy.

does anyone remember this? What was this controversy about?
I believe (and I'm just going off memory so I may be wrong) that he had saddle sores and was taking a cream that had cortizone or something of the sort (which is banned) but he had a medical form that allowed him to use the cream.
hell_yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 09:45 AM   #5
Smoothie104
Elitist Jackass
 
Smoothie104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Georgia
Bikes: Cannondale 2.8, Specialized S-works E5 road, GT Talera
Posts: 3,263
Lance Tested positive for minute amounts of cortizone, the Team said it was from a skin cream used for saddle sores, He did not have a TUE form, or a Theraputic Use Exemption form on file, the team did show a perscription said to be forged/backdated by those involved. and he then got his TUE, although he was supposed to have it prior. Getting a perscription for a cortizone cream is an old school trick because some corticosteroids show up the same in the tests, and if found positive you blame it on the cream.

The skin cream is nothing compared to the Actovegin incident, where USPS management was throwing away empty packages of a substance made from calfs blood, the UCI didnt know what it was at the time, but now its been banned becuase it helps the blood deliver more oxygen to the tissues faster. USPS was several steps ahead of the testers for years.
__________________
"You should already be aware that riding with people who steer with their elbows, stick food to the top tube of their frames and ride around in dick togs is not a great idea." -- Classic1
Smoothie104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 09:57 AM   #6
classic1
Senior Member
 
classic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 5,018
Don't listen to smoothie. He's hates America. It was about wrinkle free balls. And the calfs blood thing is crap. Smoothie would have you believe they were running some medical freak show at Postal. It was all a beat up. US Postal love baby animals. Here is a picture of the left over calfs blood package
classic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 11:10 AM   #7
wvxc
Montani Semper Liberi
 
wvxc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern WV
Bikes: Specialized Hardrock
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco97 View Post
Ok. I know that Barry bonds used a steriod called, The Clear, which was a skin cream. I was a little worried.
The Clear was a liquid put under the tongue. The Cream was rubbed on.
Bonds used both The Cream and The Clear.
wvxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 11:34 AM   #8
The_Guru
S.African in Switzerland
 
The_Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Bikes: Cannondale Saeco with Campagnolo Record 10 + Ksyrium SSC, Trek 4700 MTB, 531CS Reynolds with 105 and biopace :-o
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic1 View Post
No controversy. Lance was clean. He just liked having a smooth, wrinkle free ball.
Fixed.
The_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 06:51 PM   #9
ettsn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bikes:
Posts: 396
Oh, that's awful! lol
ettsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 07:03 PM   #10
dprayvd
Cabrõnista©®™‽
 
dprayvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: a hi-fructose cornholé!
Bikes:
Posts: 480
Smoothie. GD good to read ya.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie104 View Post
Lance Tested positive for minute amounts of cortizone, the Team said it was from a skin cream used for saddle sores, He did not have a TUE form, or a Theraputic Use Exemption form on file, the team did show a perscription said to be forged/backdated by those involved. and he then got his TUE, although he was supposed to have it prior. Getting a perscription for a cortizone cream is an old school trick because some corticosteroids show up the same in the tests, and if found positive you blame it on the cream.

The skin cream is nothing compared to the Actovegin incident, where USPS management was throwing away empty packages of a substance made from calfs blood, the UCI didnt know what it was at the time, but now its been banned becuase it helps the blood deliver more oxygen to the tissues faster. USPS was several steps ahead of the testers for years.
dprayvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 07:49 PM   #11
yellowjeep
Senior Member
 
yellowjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lawrence
Bikes:
Posts: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Guru View Post
Fixed.
I was gonna do that too.
yellowjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 09:53 PM   #12
classic1
Senior Member
 
classic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 5,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Guru View Post
Fixed.

Thanks dude. Much appreciated.
classic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.