Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    S.African in Switzerland The_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco with Campagnolo Record 10 + Ksyrium SSC, Trek 4700 MTB, 531CS Reynolds with 105 and biopace :-o
    Posts
    376
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How come the yellow jersey always fits?

    Does each team arrive with a few sizes of their team outfit in yellow, *just in case* ?
    Last edited by The_Guru; 07-13-08 at 11:53 AM.

  2. #2
    26r grudgemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    merica
    My Bikes
    road, hardtail, fs, streetbeater
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Also green, white and dots. Helmets too.

  3. #3
    fix
    fix is offline
    yeahh, becky fix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    1990 Kotter Albuch, 2005 Empella Spaar Select Cross, 2007 Ridley Aedon
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's actually a guy in a bus (I'm totally serious) who follows the tour around. His job is to iron team logos and sponsors onto the green, polka dot, white, and yellow jerseys. This guy has blank yellow jerseys in every size, and when the results come in, he irons some new sponsor logos on.
    soh-CAh-T-oa-meter 0 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ X ~ ~ pi

  4. #4
    Custom User Title hell_yes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Parkland, Fl
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Guru View Post
    Does each team arrive with a few sizes of their team outfit in yellow, *just in case* ?
    Nope... it's just pure luck. Or magic... probably magic.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The jerseys used in podium appearances are "one size fits all" and are open at the back to make them easy to get on and off.

    The jerseys cyclist wear while riding are properly sized, which is not really that difficult. Every yellow jersey holder weighs between 140 pounds and 180 pounds, not like a Houston bike club, with members who weigh between 110 pounds and 260 pounds.

  6. #6
    Magnesium Dogmatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 585 Ultra, Pinarello Dogma, Pegoretti Duende, Orbea, Cannondale Capo
    Posts
    1,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fix View Post
    There's actually a guy in a bus (I'm totally serious) who follows the tour around. His job is to iron team logos and sponsors onto the green, polka dot, white, and yellow jerseys. This guy has blank yellow jerseys in every size, and when the results come in, he irons some new sponsor logos on.
    They showed him on Versus last year, he works for Nike.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damm another dig at Texans....Texas is a great place to be from, and I rode is some nice but rather flat races in and around Texas years ago. Houston is....just climbing challenged

  8. #8
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin55 View Post
    Damm another dig at Texans....Texas is a great place to be from, and I rode is some nice but rather flat races in and around Texas years ago. Houston is....just climbing challenged
    alanbikehouston has the cred to make such statements. Heck, I'm at 285 and there are two guys heavier then me in our loosely knit riding group.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •