Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-08, 02:56 PM   #1
jsfountain
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jsfountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Aix en Provence, France
Bikes: Specialized, Allez Elite
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A Day at the Tour

i posted this in another section...when it should have gone here...

Took my little girl and joined some other american friends who live near me here in the South of France to
watch today's stage and thought i would share with you how it looks to take in the tour in person.

Lunch
Caravan
Friends
Crowds
Helicopters
The Tour
Fun Stuff!!

Video from Tour Stage Today
jsfountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 03:59 PM   #2
dstrong 
Senior Member
 
dstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Awesome, Austin, TX
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6
Posts: 3,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks! The parade appears to really go zipping through the crowds. How long does everyone hang out after the peleton passes? Is there a big traffic jam trying to get out of there?
__________________

2014 Specialized RoubaixOOOOOO 2003 Interloc ImpalaOOOOOO 2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

dstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 06:27 PM   #3
dagna
Senior Member
 
dagna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks--I really enjoyed that!
dagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 12:56 AM   #4
jsfountain
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jsfountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Aix en Provence, France
Bikes: Specialized, Allez Elite
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would say about 90% of the people get up and go. Big traffic jam depending on the road and and amount of people there. The other 10% are still hanging out with their picnics and food and just sitting back drinking.
jsfountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 01:44 PM   #5
JohnKScott
Senior Member
 
JohnKScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Franklin, TN
Bikes: None yo damn binness
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing. That looks like a great and fairly unique memory for you and your family.
JohnKScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 02:50 PM   #6
blacksquid
Senior Member
 
blacksquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alexandria, VA
Bikes: 2007 Pergoretti Marcelo
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! I found myself leaning towards the monitor, straining to see the riders.
__________________
Visit my blog -->MyOrangeBike
"There is love and there is work, and we only have one heart." Edgar Degas
blacksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 04:35 PM   #7
collegeskier
Senior Member
 
collegeskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evanston, IL
Bikes: Felt F5, Fuji Robaix Pro and a KHS Mountain Bike
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope the angle of the peleton is because you decide to watch the tour now in a 1 sq in view finder.
collegeskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 AM.