Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (http://www.bikeforums.net/professional-cycling-fans/)
-   -   Who Da Man !! (possible spoiler) (http://www.bikeforums.net/professional-cycling-fans/559118-who-da-man-possible-spoiler.html)

JohnnyBee 07-06-09 10:12 AM

Who Da Man !! (possible spoiler)
 
Our boy Lance :thumb:

3rd overall. Not bad for an " Old guy" huh ?

Way to go Lance. :thumb:



Johnnybee.

Crash716 07-06-09 10:54 AM

you need to put spoiler in here man...not everyone watched today yet.

Go Down Moses 07-06-09 10:58 AM

Quote:

you need to put spoiler in here man...not everyone watched today yet.


I agree, but just coming to this forum is a bad idea if you don't want to know what happened. People are going to talk.

bdcheung 07-06-09 11:20 AM

by this logic, Cancellara is at least 3x more "da man" than Lance.

Howzit 07-06-09 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdcheung (Post 9227336)
by this logic, Cancellara is at least 3x more "da man" than Lance.

Exactly. Plus he didnt have any team mates to "keep him" with Team columbia

We should change this thread to Cancellara Da Man

SamDaBikinMan 07-06-09 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdcheung (Post 9227336)
by this logic, Cancellara is at least 3x more "da man" than Lance.

Hmmm, how many tours has Cancellara won? :innocent:





I did not think so. :twitchy:

Lance will swat him like a flea in the mountains. :eek:

bdcheung 07-06-09 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamDaBikinMan (Post 9227563)
Hmmm, how many tours has Cancellara won? :innocent:

None, but that's not relevant to a discussion of which rider occupies which slot on the general classification after three stages of a 21-stage race.

Howzit 07-06-09 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamDaBikinMan (Post 9227563)
Hmmm, how many tours has Cancellara won? :innocent:

Your obviously a 99er.

Go Down Moses 07-06-09 12:12 PM

There are many men. The Tour isn't limited to just one.

Hell, I think George Hincapie is da man.

pschmidt 07-06-09 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash716 (Post 9227122)
you need to put spoiler in here man...not everyone watched today yet.


No kidding. :notamused:

JohnnyBee 07-06-09 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Down Moses (Post 9227772)
There are many men. The Tour isn't limited to just one.

Hell, I think George Hincapie is da man.


Agree. On any given day, anyone could be the man if he's got
the heart and legs.

Howzit 07-06-09 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBee (Post 9227873)
Agree. On any given day, anyone could be the man if he's got
the heart and legs.

But today, it is Lance that had the best legs, and the biggest heart. And he is the exception, he is Da Man everyday. He proved it for 7 years in a row.
Way To Go LANCE!!!!

border reiver 07-06-09 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamDaBikinMan (Post 9227563)
Hmmm, how many tours has Cancellara won? :innocent:



I think the point is that Cancellara deserves just as many kudos as Lance for staying in the break.

And to answer your question: none of course, never will--just as Lance will never win Paris-Roubaix, unlike Cancellara.

bdcheung 07-06-09 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howzit (Post 9227883)
But today, it is Lance that had the best legs, and the biggest heart. And he is the exception, he is Da Man everyday. He proved it for 7 years in a row.
Way To Go LANCE!!!!

Lance sat in all day today.

time to take the blinders off, pal.

JohnnyBee 07-06-09 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pschmidt (Post 9227866)
No kidding. :notamused:

Sorry about the spoiler. I assumed eveyone would know
early today.

I didn't say who won, I was just excited about lance's finish.
I'll behave tomorrow. :)

fpbf 07-06-09 04:20 PM

Lance shows us once again why he's the master.

Contador is going to soon realize this isn't some farce like 06-08. When Lance comes out to play, EVERYBODY steps up their game.

Lance haters, go back to your mom's house and play with your action figures. You know nothing about racing. The ridiculous predictions and assumptions I've seen on these boards are pathetic.

BikeWNC 07-06-09 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdcheung (Post 9227898)
Lance sat in all day today.

time to take the blinders off, pal.

Man, I wish I could sit in like that. :p I keep reading in the RB forum about learning how to race. Obviously, regardless of his fitness, LA knows how to race. So cudos for being attentive, be it luck or whatever.

Chuckie 07-06-09 06:28 PM

I swear, watching the fanboys vs. haters competition on BF is almost as fun as watching the race itself.

Okay, maybe not.

europa 07-06-09 07:10 PM

I can't believe you lot are praising Armstrong. For what? Being lucky enough to be in front of Contador when he missed the wheel and caused the break! That's all. He got lucky, then sat in the bunch did nothing until the end. Sure, he had to ride hard to do it but so did 29 other riders, many of whom worked a bloody sight harder than Armstrong. He's in third not because he improved anything but because he got lucky and didn't lose anything. The question is, was he arrogant enough to assume 'leadership' credentials and order his team mates to help the breakaway succeed or was he too weak to be able to help, there were quite a few in that bunch where were flat out just keeping up - to claim any credit out of that stage, he needed to be seen doing some work which he didn't.

I'm not writing Armstrong off - having that sort of luck and having the skill to make the most of it is an essential part of winning the TdF and he's certainly given himself a good base from which to put in a bid for the tour, but please, don't go lauding the bloke for a lucky break. Talk instead about the massive effort put in by Colombia (sp?), they are the heros in this stage.

Richard

Howzit 07-06-09 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europa (Post 9230321)
I can't believe you lot are praising Armstrong. For what? Being lucky enough to be in front of Contador when he missed the wheel and caused the break! That's all. He got lucky, then sat in the bunch did nothing until the end. Sure, he had to ride hard to do it but so did 29 other riders, many of whom worked a bloody sight harder than Armstrong. He's in third not because he improved anything but because he got lucky and didn't lose anything. The question is, was he arrogant enough to assume 'leadership' credentials and order his team mates to help the breakaway succeed or was he too weak to be able to help, there were quite a few in that bunch where were flat out just keeping up - to claim any credit out of that stage, he needed to be seen doing some work which he didn't.

I'm not writing Armstrong off - having that sort of luck and having the skill to make the most of it is an essential part of winning the TdF and he's certainly given himself a good base from which to put in a bid for the tour, but please, don't go lauding the bloke for a lucky break. Talk instead about the massive effort put in by Colombia (sp?), they are the heros in this stage.

Richard

you know, you are a one trick pony with your Lance hating. We dont need your factual opinions around here.
All hail Lance! :roflmao2::roflmao2:

iab 07-06-09 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamDaBikinMan (Post 9227563)
Hmmm, how many tours has Cancellara won? :innocent:





I did not think so. :twitchy:

Lance will swat him like a flea in the mountains. :eek:

While LA himself will get dropped like a bag of wet sand by Contador, Menchov, Sastre, both Schlecks, Klöden, Evans, Kreuziger and even possibly Leipheimer.

Yer point?

bigfred 07-06-09 08:15 PM

Ummmmmm, shouldn't today sorta' belong to CAV? and the entire Columbia team?

jaxgtr 07-06-09 11:11 PM

closed


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 AM.