Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I'm now tired of Contador

    If Lance was the problem on the team then a lot of guys would stay with Contador.

    I absolutely guarantee that Contador would not have riden forthe team if Lance was in 1st on the last mountain stages.

    Does anybody here honestly believe that Contador would have held Wiggins and held Frank Schleck? He would not have. He would have riden for himself and probably pushed both Schlecks and maybe Wiggins towards the podium.

    Astana should have filled the podium with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And the reason they didn't sweep is because Contador rode for himself and not for the team.

    Lance is no saint, but Contador is worse. 10 years from now most of you will be ashamed that you were such Contador apologist.

  2. #2
    snob rogwilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *yawn*

    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    If Lance was the problem on the team then a lot of guys would stay with Contador.
    They are professionals, cycling is their job and not their entertainment. They go where the money is.

    I absolutely guarantee that Contador would not have riden forthe team if Lance was in 1st on the last mountain stages.
    Of course not. Why should he? He's Alberto Contador and not some minor bottle-carrier.

    Does anybody here honestly believe that Contador would have held Wiggins and held Frank Schleck? He would not have. He would have riden for himself and probably pushed both Schlecks and maybe Wiggins towards the podium.
    Speculation. But imo everything points to, that he would have. With Armstrong out of the picture, he would have for sure.

    Astana should have filled the podium with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And the reason they didn't sweep is because Contador rode for himself and not for the team.
    I don't see how anything Contador could have done to prevent Andy Schleck from taking 2nd place.

    Lance is no saint, but Contador is worse. 10 years from now most of you will be ashamed that you were such Contador apologist.
    Actually it appears to me, that those two men are quite similar, at least regarding the size of their egos.

  3. #3
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    I absolutely guarantee that Contador would not have riden forthe team if Lance was in 1st on the last mountain stages..
    You know this for sure, ha?

    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    Astana should have filled the podium with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And the reason they didn't sweep is because Contador rode for himself and not for the team..
    As the teams designated overall GC contendor, it's his job to make sure that he gets his butt on the podium. It's not his job to make sure the rest of the team ends up there also.

    This discussion is tedius. Beating the proverbial dead horse over and over.

    Time to move on.

    Any thoughts on the upcoming Clasica San Sebastian?
    i may have overreacted

  4. #4
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    ...
    Astana should have filled the podium with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And the reason they didn't sweep is because Contador rode for himself and not for the team...
    Let me invite you to participate in the Astana Fill the Podium Challenge.

    The search for inner peace continues...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Let me invite you to participate in the Astana Fill the Podium Challenge.

    Say you are a lance hader too??

  6. #6
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julian Julian Julian. Enough of the Lance hater strawman you keep constructing. Enough I say.
    i may have overreacted

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    Julian Julian Julian. Enough of the Lance hater strawman you keep constructing. Enough I say.
    Laggy,

    You don't say a word when someone drops the a-hole bomb. Taking sides I see.

  8. #8
    Big Blade Howzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    I absolutely guarantee that Contador would not have riden forthe team if Lance was in 1st on the last mountain stages.
    Conversely, Lance didnt ride for Contador, he rode for himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    Does anybody here honestly believe that Contador would have held Wiggins and held Frank Schleck? He would not have. He would have riden for himself and probably pushed both Schlecks and maybe Wiggins towards the podium.
    And why not?? Lance and Bruyneel were up all night parading and drafting press releases for their RadioShack Team. Why shouldnt Contador help others that might be his freinds in the years to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    Astana should have filled the podium with 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And the reason they didn't sweep is because Contador rode for himself and not for the team.
    Contadors job is to fulfill his contract, and thats to win. He is not there to push and aid other people with their own lives, families and own futures. Turns out that the same scumbags DO have their own future with RadioShack, and guess what, they dont include Contador, so why should one man, with his own family to feed help others who are clearly parading and trumpeting their own plans for next season? Contadors resume now has another Tour win, while Lance wanted a second on his, and for what reason would Contador what to be a part in helping Lance get that?

    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    Lance is no saint, but Contador is worse. 10 years from now most of you will be ashamed that you were such Contador apologist.
    I think that it is generally agreed in the Pro Peleton that Lance has far more enemies than anyone else. And he added Sastre and Contador to that list this year......
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    Weren't you supposed to disappear after the TDF was over?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamarichris View Post
    But then I'll never understand how taking a dump became precedent either. Why don't they call it leaving a dump? I mean... you're not really taking it anywhere.

  9. #9
    Senior Member hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    Road and Mountain
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't the first time Contador has said something lame. Last year at the Vuelta when Levi was pushing him for the podium, he said some weird stuff to the Spanish media about it. Levi gave AC the benefit of the doubt, and chalked it up to "lost in translation". Still, you can't say whatever you want in Spanish then say "me no speak English good" when you get called on it.
    Last edited by hocker; 07-28-09 at 01:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    Say you are a lance hader too??
    I'm a realist julian.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  11. #11
    Senior Member SunSwingsLow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes just an unbelievable talent who has a ton of immaturity. Nothing new in sports.
    1999 GT Xizang Ti

    "i recieved an infraction"

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do know for sure is that some people on here HATE Lance so much and have developed a huge hatred for him over the years, that now, when an even bigger prick steps onto the scene, a truly selfish rider, they can't see past their hatred of LA so they latch onto Contador and defend his every move.

    I hope Andy stays with sax-bnk and keeps them together. Contador won't be able to find enough class riders to keep him towards the top.

    I'll agree that at first LA was not willing to give up as head rider. But Astana weren't making any moves! They were essentially idle. LA was ahead by a handful of seconds but he was doing what JB was telling him, which was staying in the pack and not taking the lead.

    Contador did exactly what he was told not to do and took off leaving the team behind. He could not stand that LA had a 9 second lead, so he took off for the lead when all of Astana's riders were told to hold back and stay in the peleton. That was pretty weak.

    Then Lance turns around and congratulates Contador and calls him the strongest rider and the best rider in the world.......and Contador responds with the BS comments. Every time Contador opens his mouth he is being deceitful or just a jerk. The exact same thing happened in Spain when Leipheimer got 2nd. Contador could not stand that Leipheimer thought he could win the thing so after Leiphemer graciously congratulated Contador he went to the press and proclaimed that Leipheimer was selfish and not a good teammate.

    Stage 7 and stage 17 are the only pieces of evidence you should have to look at. Contador leaves his teammates behind and on stage 17 he left but kept his closest rivals with him, thus only making time on his teammates!

    I'm waiting to see who he gets that will ride with him and for him, because if AC's team plays out like I think it will then I don't see him on the podium.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    I'm a realist julian.
    Everyone's realism is their own.

    No doubt Armstrong is out for himself, as is AC, as you are and I am. Along the way some try more than others to throw a few crumbs out along the way, which Armstrong has done. AC could someday be the poster child for a great cause but he is still young and learning his way.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sccr2337 View Post
    What I do know for sure is that some people on here HATE Lance so much and have developed a huge hatred for him over the years, that now, when an even bigger prick steps onto the scene, a truly selfish rider, they can't see past their hatred of LA so they latch onto Contador and defend his every move.

    I hope Andy stays with sax-bnk and keeps them together. Contador won't be able to find enough class riders to keep him towards the top.

    I'll agree that at first LA was not willing to give up as head rider. But Astana weren't making any moves! They were essentially idle. LA was ahead by a handful of seconds but he was doing what JB was telling him, which was staying in the pack and not taking the lead.

    Contador did exactly what he was told not to do and took off leaving the team behind. He could not stand that LA had a 9 second lead, so he took off for the lead when all of Astana's riders were told to hold back and stay in the peleton. That was pretty weak.

    Then Lance turns around and congratulates Contador and calls him the strongest rider and the best rider in the world.......and Contador responds with the BS comments. Every time Contador opens his mouth he is being deceitful or just a jerk. The exact same thing happened in Spain when Leipheimer got 2nd. Contador could not stand that Leipheimer thought he could win the thing so after Leiphemer graciously congratulated Contador he went to the press and proclaimed that Leipheimer was selfish and not a good teammate.

    Stage 7 and stage 17 are the only pieces of evidence you should have to look at. Contador leaves his teammates behind and on stage 17 he left but kept his closest rivals with him, thus only making time on his teammates!

    I'm waiting to see who he gets that will ride with him and for him, because if AC's team plays out like I think it will then I don't see him on the podium.
    People say Armstrong has no friends but when he has more support on a team than AC then people claim it is all about money.
    The haders do want to grasp at ABBL (anybody but Lance) and will build them up to tear Armstrong down. They say he won't shake AC's hand and when proven that is false they say well it didn't shake it with enough conviction. Then they take a Spanish press piece and put it out there as gospel but damn the American press.
    They make stuff up as they go hoping something sticks.

  15. #15
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    People say Armstrong has no friends but when he has more support on a team than AC then people claim it is all about money.
    The haders do want to grasp at ABBL (anybody but Lance) and will build them up to tear Armstrong down. They say he won't shake AC's hand and when proven that is false they say well it didn't shake it with enough conviction. Then they take a Spanish press piece and put it out there as gospel but damn the American press.
    They make stuff up as they go hoping something sticks.
    Would you please post the link to the reputable American press piece that contradicts the Spanish one? If this breaks in the US, will you come back and apologize?
    Quote Originally Posted by dewaday View Post
    I'm 50 years old. My parents find cycling 6-8 hours completely incomprehensible and self indulgent. Of course they're right, but I continue to ignore them as a form of rebellion.

  16. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    El Rey ha muerto, viva el Rey
    (The King is dead. Long live the King)

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides View Post
    Would you please post the link to the reputable American press piece that contradicts the Spanish one? If this breaks in the US, will you come back and apologize?
    You can do your own research, if you are so bent on this story. And if you cannot find a reputable American press piece that goes along with the Spanish one will you apologize?

  18. #18
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    You can do your own research, if you are so bent on this story. And if you cannot find a reputable American press piece that goes along with the Spanish one will you apologize?
    Of course not. Just because CNN doesn't write about it doesn't mean it isn't true.

    Your suggestion was that since it was written in Europe and not the US, it must not be true. I could come up with about a million examples that refute this, but it would get the thread sent to P&R.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewaday View Post
    I'm 50 years old. My parents find cycling 6-8 hours completely incomprehensible and self indulgent. Of course they're right, but I continue to ignore them as a form of rebellion.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides View Post
    Of course not. Just because CNN doesn't write about it doesn't mean it isn't true.

    Your suggestion was that since it was written in Europe and not the US, it must not be true. I could come up with about a million examples that refute this, but it would get the thread sent to P&R.
    So in your book, I have to prove myself wrong, then I have to apologize to you?

    Ya, right!

  20. #20
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    So in your book, I have to prove myself wrong, then I have to apologize to you?

    Ya, right!
    In my book using "It's not published in the American Press so it must not be true" as a way to further your argument is a weak argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewaday View Post
    I'm 50 years old. My parents find cycling 6-8 hours completely incomprehensible and self indulgent. Of course they're right, but I continue to ignore them as a form of rebellion.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides View Post
    In my book using "It's not published in the American Press so it must not be true" as a way to further your argument is a weak argument.
    So prove yourself wrong then apologize to me.

  22. #22
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    So prove yourself wrong then apologize to me.
    I'm correct. No need for me to apologize.

    When I am incorrect, I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewaday View Post
    I'm 50 years old. My parents find cycling 6-8 hours completely incomprehensible and self indulgent. Of course they're right, but I continue to ignore them as a form of rebellion.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    julian, ca
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides View Post
    I'm correct. No need for me to apologize.

    When I am incorrect, I apologize.
    Fine, your are right and I am right. It's a win win as far as I am concerned!

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ gold stars and cookies for all!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •