Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 73
  1. #26
    Senior Member Dubbayoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Pedal Force QS3
    Posts
    7,683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me releasing all this info results in more questions than answers, even with Wiggins. I don't think I would either in their place.

  2. #27
    Professional Fuss-Budget Bacciagalupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unsubstantiated assertions and innuendo is the best you can come up with, eh? *yawn*

    Wake me up when you have actual proof, e.g. test results, syringes found in his luggage, payments to Fuentes, "problems" with his biological passport, etc etc

  3. #28
    Senior Member Keith99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,706
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregf83 View Post
    Which VO2Max would you like him to reveal:
    a) a well rested VO2Max
    b) VO2Max tested after 10 stages of TDF
    c) VO2Max prior to the Verbier climb
    What exactly do you think that would tell you?

    There is considerable psychology involved in cycling and I can't imagine a rider wanting to reveal his performance metrics and potential weaknesses. Expecting them to make that data public is absurd and is not done in any other competitive sport. That's why they race.
    Your post got me to thinking a bit.

    How does anyone here think a doping organization can run a VO2 max test? Makes me think most here either have no idea at all what VO2 max means or at least haven't stopped to think about it.

  4. #29
    insert witty comment here Mr_Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    My Bikes
    '09 Trek 7.2 FX, mid 90s Trek 820, 1982 Schwinn Super LeTour, Legran Seville, Peugeot UE 18
    Posts
    831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    Well Contador was linked to Dr. Ferrari, the doping Dr.
    Care to explain or show evidence of that link. I thought the initials "AC" were linked to the good doctor. Let me know if I'm wrong or you can admit you're wrong. I'm cool with either.

  5. #30
    Elitist Troglodyte DMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    My Bikes
    03 Raleigh Professional (steel)
    Posts
    6,887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    Well Contador was linked to Dr. Ferrari, the doping Dr.
    Say, shouldn't you be banned?

  6. #31
    Old School Track Guy MGtrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Frisco, Texas
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like cheese.
    "You've got to be willing to rip it all apart. Including yourself."
    ---Steve Woznik -- Multi time USA Sprint and Kilo Champion, Pan Am Games Gold Medalist


  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Christopher View Post
    Care to explain or show evidence of that link. I thought the initials "AC" were linked to the good doctor. Let me know if I'm wrong or you can admit you're wrong. I'm cool with either.
    You can google it. His name was on the list linking him to Dr. Ferrari....but eventually disappeared...

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    Well Contador was linked to Dr. Ferrari, the doping Dr.
    So was Lance if I recall correctly.

  9. #34
    Pedal faster not harder.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Thunder Bay
    My Bikes
    Ummmm...Cannondale F4000..Ummmmm...Yeti ARC-X Cyclocross..Ummmm...Rocky Mountain Vertex TO with a BionX PL350 Electric Conversion...Ummmmm..Rocky Mountain Cardiac..Ummmm..thats it for now I think. I'd have to go look in the basement to be sure.
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he just trained hard and smart and kept his bodyfat low....usually results in a high VO2max.

  10. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesMcLuffAlot View Post
    Maybe he just trained hard and smart and kept his bodyfat low....usually results in a high VO2max.
    I wouldn't rule out that possibility I guess. I wouldn't rule out doping as well.

  11. #36
    Old School Track Guy MGtrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Frisco, Texas
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spezi3 View Post
    So was Lance if I recall correctly.

    Yes he was. Another cause of continued suspicion of Armstrong.
    "You've got to be willing to rip it all apart. Including yourself."
    ---Steve Woznik -- Multi time USA Sprint and Kilo Champion, Pan Am Games Gold Medalist


  12. #37
    Senior Member gear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North shore of Mass.
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    Or the more the likely, he's hiding his v02 max because he is doping.
    Pro football teams don't give out accurate injury reports, they don't let media film practice sessions. In your view this must be because they are cheating and trying to cover it up. Thats a cynical viewpoint.

    Competitors just don't like to pass along info to the competition.

  13. #38
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    I wouldn't rule out that possibility I guess. I wouldn't rule out doping as well.
    That Armstrong was doping? Yes, quite liklely.
    i may have overreacted

  14. #39
    insert witty comment here Mr_Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    My Bikes
    '09 Trek 7.2 FX, mid 90s Trek 820, 1982 Schwinn Super LeTour, Legran Seville, Peugeot UE 18
    Posts
    831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    You can google it. His name was on the list linking him to Dr. Ferrari....but eventually disappeared...
    No need for me to Google and I like how you dodged the question. You're clearly a liar. I am already familiar with the details of the misleading information you like to spread on this forum. Are you as ignorant and poorly informed as you appear? Because you appear like a dishonest and complete jerk when you spread misinformation like this. But I should thank you since now I have a very good reason to go figure out the ignore feature.

    It will always be astonishing to me to see people like you purposefully spread misinformation about a pro cyclist. Jerk. Loser.

  15. #40
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Christopher View Post
    Are you as ignorant and poorly informed as you appear?.
    Yes, he is a dumbass. Amazing he hasn't been banned yet but the mods here are about as useless as a unicycle in the Tour de France.
    i may have overreacted

  16. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bradenton, FL
    My Bikes
    a bunch!
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Christopher View Post
    No need for me to Google and I like how you dodged the question. You're clearly a liar. I am already familiar with the details of the misleading information you like to spread on this forum. Are you as ignorant and poorly informed as you appear? Because you appear like a dishonest and complete jerk when you spread misinformation like this. But I should thank you since now I have a very good reason to go figure out the ignore feature.

    It will always be astonishing to me to see people like you purposefully spread misinformation about a pro cyclist. Jerk. Loser.
    This is funny. When people do not refute what you say and personally attack you, it means you were right.

    Awesome. You just proved his point.

  17. #42
    Senior Member daxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K.F., Orygun
    My Bikes
    08 Giant Boulder, 08 Scattante XLR
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the whole thread again, this is about how this kind of discussion goes. Entertaining to a point, but, in the end, pointless.

    Fall Cycling Syndrome - all fired up and the weather sucks, so hang out on the internet looking for someone's ass to kick.
    "... the age of Happy Motoring is over. Many Americans have already bought their last car -- they just don't know it yet."

    James Howard Kunstler, 2008.

  18. #43
    Forum Admin lotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    n.w. superdrome
    My Bikes
    1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa
    Posts
    17,623
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    Yes, he is a dumbass. Amazing he hasn't been banned yet but the mods here are about as useless as a unicycle in the Tour de France.
    Hey, I resemble that remark. . . what's wrong with unicycles?

    and as for this thread, I'm thinking it needs to be locked, and will do so if the tone
    isn't dialed back a notch or two. Disagreeing with someone is fine (and expected) but the
    personal insults/attacks need to stop. nuff said.
    Sono pił lento di quel che sembra.
    Odio la gente, tutti.

    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.

  19. #44
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lotek: DenisMenchov consistently starts these silly and pointless doping threads. He has nothing constructive to add and does nothing here but troll. Why is this still allowed?
    i may have overreacted

  20. #45
    Senior Member hopsing08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daxr View Post
    Exactly, and for pretty much the same reason Lance did. You do the tests, you jump through every hoop they set up for you, and still every time you turn around some idiot thinks you must be doping anyway because you ride fast. Lance never wasted his time on the muck-peddlars of the sport, and Contador should be smart enough to do the same.
    totally agree. its never good enough. when people want to hate on your achievements you cant silence them, no matter how hard you try. even if a some scientist proved LA or AC never doped in their entire lifetime, someone would question the doctors credentials.

    on the other hand i just cant get over how AC flies up the mountain like that being so small and scraggly. but i dont think he dopes.

  21. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AC doped IMO: Too many bread crumb trails. But to each his own. I want to believe he's clean, but so many suspicions regarding his past. Look at Operation Puerto:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operaci...to_doping_case

  22. #47
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    AC doped IMO: Too many bread crumb trails. But to each his own. I want to believe he's clean, but so many suspicions regarding his past. Look at Operation Puerto:
    There are not as many bread crumbs as you want to believe. In fact, LA may have be more suspicious in his recent past than AC. Go away for good please. Please please take your self and stupid opinions and find somewhere else to troll.
    Last edited by Laggard; 09-20-09 at 09:47 PM.
    i may have overreacted

  23. #48
    Dropped again guadzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A small tropical island
    My Bikes
    Damocles, Shiv, Lynskey, X-Fire, LHT, +
    Posts
    3,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMenchov View Post
    I wouldn't rule out that possibility I guess. I wouldn't rule out doping as well.
    I am sure that's giving AC a lot of sleepless nights...
    Peace is knowing someone else is suffering more than you are.

  24. #49
    Senior Member hopsing08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AC's performance would lead anyone to question him, as would LA's performance for 7 years. but the article by no means proves or even causes suspicion. I wouldn't say that either doped. they may be linked to someone but if there is no proof, it didnt happen. that's my opinion. no point in blasting someone if they can get tested 3 to 4 times a day for 3 weeks and still pass the tests. when he gets busted for doping then i will believe that he doped, that goes for LA and AC. not evidence that suggests that its a possibility. when they actually get busted.

  25. #50
    Its Freakin HammerTime!!! C_Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Off the back @ 188 BPM's
    My Bikes
    2008 Felt F3 :)
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does the OP start so much shyt?
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    I don't like any other exercise or sports, really.
    ....

    http://www.xxcycle.com/logo_w150h100/bmc.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •