Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Evans to BMC

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Evans to BMC

    it's official:

    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/21...ve-to-BMC.aspx

    he needed a change, that's for sure!

  2. #2
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a step down. Go to a pro-conti team that's never competed in a GT and doesn't have a pro tour license?
    i may have overreacted

  3. #3
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    That's a step down. Go to a pro-conti team that's never competed in a GT and doesn't have a pro tour license?
    With Hincapie on board as well looks they'll have to get a license now.
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  4. #4
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfimpg View Post
    With Hincapie on board as well looks they'll have to get a license now.
    They can apply for one. Evans and Hincapie though in no way guarantees they'll be given one.
    i may have overreacted

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think rihs has the money to make it happen though...what i'm curious about is if there was a guarantee that they'd pick up some climbers.

  6. #6
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about money.
    i may have overreacted

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess one of the weaker teams will be booted out in favor of BMC. Doubt that a team with the likes of Evans, Hincapie, and Ballan will miss out on a great tour. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Evans has been sufficiently reassured by BMC that he'll have a shot at the GC in the TdF.

  8. #8
    Senior Member erader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    silicon valley
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monosierra View Post
    I guess one of the weaker teams will be booted out in favor of BMC. Doubt that a team with the likes of Evans, Hincapie, and Ballan will miss out on a great tour. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Evans has been sufficiently reassured by BMC that he'll have a shot at the GC in the TdF.
    it could also be possible that evans won't contest the TDF in 2010. after all he salvaged his season in a one-day race.

    ed rader
    Amgen Tour of California

    http://erader.zenfolio.com/f561244030

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    it could also be possible that evans won't contest the TDF in 2010. after all he salvaged his season in a one-day race.

    ed rader
    Haha, that will be a terrible cop-out. Didn't he say he was sick of getting second and wanted to actually win the thing?

    And it won't make sense for him to leave Silence if he didn't want a stronger team for a Grand Tour... which brings to mind the question: how strong is BMC now? Besides the three famous names.

  10. #10
    Senior Member erader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    silicon valley
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monosierra View Post
    Haha, that will be a terrible cop-out. Didn't he say he was sick of getting second and wanted to actually win the thing?

    And it won't make sense for him to leave Silence if he didn't want a stronger team for a Grand Tour... which brings to mind the question: how strong is BMC now? Besides the three famous names.
    BMC has the ambition to be a contender but if evans really wanted to win the tour i'd say he made a pretty risky move. fwiw, i don't think he can win the tour and i'm pretty sure that's what everyone in the business thinks or he would have gotten a better deal.

    ed rader
    Amgen Tour of California

    http://erader.zenfolio.com/f561244030

  11. #11
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    BMC has the ambition to be a contender but if evans really wanted to win the tour i'd say he made a pretty risky move. fwiw, i don't think he can win the tour and i'm pretty sure that's what everyone in the business thinks or he would have gotten a better deal.

    ed rader
    Re: your signature, where were those pictures taken?
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  12. #12
    Senior Member erader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    silicon valley
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfimpg View Post
    Re: your signature, where were those pictures taken?
    mono lake. i spent a few days in that area and yosemite a couple weeks ago.

    ed rader
    Amgen Tour of California

    http://erader.zenfolio.com/f561244030

  13. #13
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    mono lake. i spent a few days in that area and yosemite a couple weeks ago.

    ed rader
    Wow. Amazing pictures.
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  14. #14
    Senior Member hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    Road and Mountain
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a great move. Look at Cervelo, they have done pretty well and are built similarly to BMC sans the sprinters. They have Evans, Big George, Ballan, Marcus Burghardt (Columbia-HTC) and Karsten Kroon. Louder and Bookwalter are no slouches. I think this team can make some noise and pretty much anything is better than Silence...they suck. They will get a Tour invite and will be at the ToC...seeing Evans battle with Levi in California is going to be sweet.

  15. #15
    Spinnin them jr. gears... Innergetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    2009 CAAD9
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Phillipe Gilbert said that w/o Evans, Silence-Lotto doesn't have a real grand tour team, they're just suckin wheel. BMC may not be a great team, but they can certainly provide him with more support than Silence-Lotto did.

    Since I love shameless self-promotion Read up here: http://polkadotvelo.wordpress.com
    Farmer tan FTW!!!!11!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  16. #16
    Senior Member erader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    silicon valley
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hocker View Post
    I think it's a great move. Look at Cervelo, they have done pretty well and are built similarly to BMC sans the sprinters. They have Evans, Big George, Ballan, Marcus Burghardt (Columbia-HTC) and Karsten Kroon. Louder and Bookwalter are no slouches. I think this team can make some noise and pretty much anything is better than Silence...they suck. They will get a Tour invite and will be at the ToC...seeing Evans battle with Levi in California is going to be sweet.
    deja vu 2006, eh? except that year horner was their man.

    http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com...mon-lotto.html



    BTW, notice the two guys behind levi.

    ed rader
    Last edited by erader; 11-03-09 at 07:13 PM.
    Amgen Tour of California

    http://erader.zenfolio.com/f561244030

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow...i guess nobody really noticed kohl when he was with tmobile

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    My Bikes
    04 Fuji Navada, 05 Specialized Allez, 09 Scattante CFR Team Red Platinum
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will be cool to see him on BMC. The guy did pretty good in all of the major tours he's entered and thats with a poor team. This one can't be any worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •