Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (http://www.bikeforums.net/professional-cycling-fans/)
-   -   Who is the better rider at this point in there careers? (http://www.bikeforums.net/professional-cycling-fans/603593-who-better-rider-point-there-careers.html)

dwc032 11-17-09 10:18 PM

Who is the better rider at this point in there careers?
 
Floyd Landis or Chris Horner?

Landis' wins look about the same as Horners, but in 2010 who will be a better rider. And right know who do you guys think is the better rider?

Based on natural god given talent, I would have to say Landis is a better rider.

ooga-booga 11-18-09 02:33 AM

if floyd can get acclimated to his new hip and chris can stay off the tarmac then both could have
a good season. curious, regarding floyd's 2006 campaign, that he has not even
glimpsed a shadow of his previous "form" and that was done with a degenerative condition
present...
horner absolutely dominated the domestic scene here in the u.s. for several years. he's been close
to stage wins several times in europe (wanna say he won a stage in the tour of switzerland riding
for saunier-duval 03? 04? 05?). unfortunately, he's gotten injured at key points during the
seasons. when he has ridden, he's been a warrior-one of the more underrated riders in the peleton.
landis had a nice showing and was in contention for the overall in the vuelta (think it was 04) but
anything accomplished in his big year of 2006 is obviously in doubt.

i'll take horner this year.

NoRacer 11-18-09 10:10 AM

Good question. May be moot since Landis is leaving Ouch Maxxis--where's he going?:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/msgs...news_headlines

CrimsonKarter21 11-18-09 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRacer (Post 10048550)
Good question. May be moot since Landis is leaving Ouch Maxxis--where's he going?:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/msgs...news_headlines

Garmin, due to his connect with Lim, or possibly to some pro-continental team in Europe. I can't see him at BMC. Maybe even Omega Pharma?

gvonne 11-19-09 11:18 AM

+1 Chris, even though he's older he's still tearin' it up out there. He was in the main finishing group in this years Lambardia even after coming back from that last injury of his.

dwc032 11-19-09 11:35 AM

I saw Chris at a local Pizza joint a few days ago here in Bend. He could barely walk, and looked to be out of it. I think he is still having some issue with his injuries. None the less I hope they both do well in 2010!

bellweatherman 11-20-09 07:10 PM

Horner is a good rider, but he ain't tough. He'll get injured in the shower if he isn't careful.

JosephM 11-21-09 09:19 PM

their

dwc032 11-22-09 08:52 AM

Thanks grammar police! And way to add something productive to this thread.

erader 11-22-09 09:12 PM

tough question. i think they are both finished but that doesn't really answer your question. i guess if i had to chose one for my team it would be horner but he'd only get a one-year contract.

ed rader

DMF 11-24-09 03:55 PM

Horner

JosephM 11-25-09 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc032 (Post 10062909)
Thanks grammar police! And way to add something productive to this thread.

Their They're. It will be ok. ")

daxr 12-06-09 04:42 PM

It will be interesting to see if anything happens for Landis in 2010, but I was under the impression that he burned all his bridges as far as riding in Europe. Horner, on the other hand, may just be getting started.

HigherGround 12-06-09 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonKarter21 (Post 10048639)
Garmin, due to his connect with Lim, or possibly to some pro-continental team in Europe. I can't see him at BMC. Maybe even Omega Pharma?

I doubt that any team hoping to enter the Tour de France would risk putting Landis on their roster.

Rick@OCRR 12-07-09 12:27 PM

I like Horner, and I was disappointed to read dwc32's comments upon seeing Chris is Bend, OR. Regardless, I wish him well and quick/complete recovery from his injuries.

Landis, on the other hand, he's just done, on several levels. No, I'm not a Landis fan at all.

Rick / OCRR

dwc032 12-07-09 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR (Post 10116891)
I like Horner, and I was disappointed to read dwc32's comments upon seeing Chris is Bend, OR. Regardless, I wish him well and quick/complete recovery from his injuries.

Landis, on the other hand, he's just done, on several levels. No, I'm not a Landis fan at all.

Rick / OCRR

I was also disappointed, I got to talk to him a little and like I said he was not even making any sense. After I got done talking my wife was like wow is he on drugs. None the less I hope he does well.

Rick@OCRR 12-08-09 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc032 (Post 10118846)
I was also disappointed, I got to talk to him a little and like I said he was not even making any sense. After I got done talking my wife was like wow is he on drugs. None the less I hope he does well.

Thanks again for you observations dwc032, It's always better to hear it from someone like you who had a chance to talk with him, rather than in Velonews or somewhere. Still, kind of sad and scary to hear that he wasn't making sense, and could barely walk.

My hope is that Chris is able to fully recover and get back to his pre-crash fitness level of earlier in '09.

Rick / OCRR


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.