Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 1760
  1. #501
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,092
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nike...rongs-contract

    So when is Trek going to drop him? They probably know about the doping activities, I think I saw another article somewhere about that, so the answer is probably "never".

    As a side-note, from someone who walks a straight line in life, I love justice.
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  2. #502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    My Bikes
    Sab, Diamondback MB, Kawasiki MB, Huffy hybrid fixed gear junk yard build, Huffy cruiser motorized.
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    my apologies…honorless man

    I have sent the following notice to the Livestrong foundation that pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, However in the past I have had heated arguments with members in here in the past concerning the lying, cheating, honorless man. I offer you my apologies… I supported the wrong side of an argument.


    “Threw it all I supported him. Others would jeer and make fun of the doper etc… I continued to step up based on his word and lack of physical evidence presented by accusers.

    The doping was wrong, but in our nation forgiveness often comes easier than one would expect. However the betrayal of continuing to lie has cost him my support. There is no justification or lame everybody did it in order to level the field excuse that is acceptable. I believed in him, because he gave his word. That used to mean something.


    In addition I will no longer support the Livestrong foundation. There are several other organizations that fight cancer and provide services to those in need. My time, energy and financial support will be moved to one of them.

    Take me off your mailing list.”

  3. #503
    powered by Racer Ex gsteinb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    teh Jersey
    Posts
    16,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    reading is fundamental

  4. #504
    Senior Member cale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Livestrong Replaces Lance - Nike Too

    Did Lance really think he could win the public relations battle over his reputation with this ludicrous policy of denial? Now the crown jewels of the Armstrong empire are seeking representation elsewhere.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...icle-1.1185478

    Moderators please move if this doesn't meet the requirements of professional cycling discussion.

  5. #505
    Goodbye Leeroy Jenkins tagaproject6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    My Bikes
    Wilier Izoard XP (Campagnolo Record);Cinelli Xperience (SRAM Force);Specialized Allez (SRAM Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Campagnolo Centaur)
    Posts
    7,028
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    Now I just read that Omega Pharma fired Levi. How are they ever gonna clean up pro cycling when people coming forward with their doping history are being canned?

    Maybe the idea of a general amnesty in exchange for coming forth with doping tales is not such a bad idea.

    Just mind-boggling, that's all. And what a mess.
    Matt White just got fired from Cycling Australia. How many more are going to lose jobs??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TOML

    _________________________________________________________________________

    Wilier Izoard XP (Campagnolo Record)
    Cinelli Xperience (SRAM Force)
    Specialized Allez (SRAM Rival)
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Campagnolo Centaur)

  6. #506
    powered by Racer Ex gsteinb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    teh Jersey
    Posts
    16,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    everyone. It seems unlikely pro cycling survives in its present form.

  7. #507
    Senior Member Shimagnolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Zang's Spur, CO
    Posts
    6,356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tagaproject6 View Post
    Matt White just got fired from Cycling Australia. How many more are going to lose jobs??
    It will probably continue until cyclists learn that is the price of telling the truth.

  8. #508
    Senior Member cale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimagnolo View Post
    It will probably continue until cyclists learn that is the price of telling the truth.
    Lance would undoubtedly disagree! Not telling the truth has been a disaster for him.

  9. #509
    Senior Member colombo357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,986
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole industry is going to take a financial hit because of this.
    "I just googled triple crank set and i see what your saying. this bike has 9 of those "cranksets".
    "They are showing [the TDF of Versus] at 5 different times in the day. It doesn't say which one is the live one."

  10. #510
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,271
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colombo357 View Post
    The whole industry is going to take a financial hit because of this.
    Why?
    cat 1.

    blog

  11. #511
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,767
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always believed LA doped. I have also contributed to Livestrong in my late mother's name, because it was a way to kinda dovetail my cycling passion with my loss. The whole mess just makes me sad now. I wish I could go to sleep tonight, then find out when I wake up tomorrow morning that all this "crap" has been a strange trip.

    Just sad, whichever way you dice it.
    Regards,

    Jed

  12. #512
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grid Reference, SK
    My Bikes
    I never learned to ride a bike. It is my deepest shame.
    Posts
    3,769
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Why?
    Because Lance and his success was an inspiration to many to ride or ride more, and if he is generally considered to be a disgrace rather than a hero he will not have this effect. I don't think it will hurt the industry too much, though. I personally think the industry's focus on racing and racing equipment is to its detriment - if bike shops were all full of city bikes, hybrids, cargo bikes, and biefiets (sp?)... and staff who didn't look at them and the people who use them as less important than the corresponding racers... the whole industry and the world would be a better place.

    However, it needs to be repeated: If he had stepped forward like a man and admitted his doping rather than covering it up like a street thug, people would forgive him pretty quick. People love tearful appologies.

  13. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarDasse74 View Post

    However, it needs to be repeated: If he had stepped forward like a man and admitted his doping rather than covering it up like a street thug, people would forgive him pretty quick. People love tearful appologies.
    I agree. However, I dont think its too late to apologize now.

    People are forgiving. Its not like Lance was the only one doping so people will understand that.

    I would recommend to him that he come out and give full disclosure and apologize.

  14. #514
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,767
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angio Graham View Post
    I agree. However, I dont think its too late to apologize now.

    People are forgiving. Its not like Lance was the only one doping so people will understand that.

    I would recommend to him that he come out and give full disclosure and apologize.
    I do not think this will ever happen. It just seems to me that it is not in the constitution of LA to go the "full disclosure and apologize route". Though I'll like to be proved wrong!
    Regards,

    Jed

  15. #515
    I'm so much cooler online eriksbliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Due to the seemingly insurmountable evidence that Lance Armstrong participated in doping and misled Nike for more than a decade, it is with great sadness that we have terminated our contract with him," the company said, in a statement.

    Makes you wonder: if the company with whom Lance has a multi-million dollar business history is willing to calling the USADA report "seemingly insurmountable evidence," and claim that their decades-long Poster Boy "misled" them, who is left that actually believes Lance didn't dope?

  16. #516
    powered by Racer Ex gsteinb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    teh Jersey
    Posts
    16,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This isn't such a comedy piece any longer

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/hav...n-a-way,29317/

  17. #517
    Senior Member colombo357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,986
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Why?
    Because the industry works on thin margins (for the bread and butter products), and the destruction of the sport's ONLY icon to the average, casual fan is enough to make him/her think twice about watching the sport on TV and then eventually going to the LBS and buying a bike.

    I'm not talking about a 25-50% slump in sales. 10% is what I consider "big" (enough to make the difference between breaking even and losing money), and it's enough to affect the companies that haven't fully recovered from 2008-2009.
    "I just googled triple crank set and i see what your saying. this bike has 9 of those "cranksets".
    "They are showing [the TDF of Versus] at 5 different times in the day. It doesn't say which one is the live one."

  18. #518
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
    This isn't such a comedy piece any longer

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/hav...n-a-way,29317/

    You could substitute the names of about 100 cyclists in that article.

  19. #519
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,092
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colombo357 View Post
    The whole industry is going to take a financial hit because of this.
    Good. Then maybe bikes will become affordable again.
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  20. #520
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,092
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danlikes View Post
    I have sent the following notice to the Livestrong foundation that pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, However in the past I have had heated arguments with members in here in the past concerning the lying, cheating, honorless man. I offer you my apologies… I supported the wrong side of an argument.


    “Threw it all I supported him. Others would jeer and make fun of the doper etc… I continued to step up based on his word and lack of physical evidence presented by accusers.

    The doping was wrong, but in our nation forgiveness often comes easier than one would expect. However the betrayal of continuing to lie has cost him my support. There is no justification or lame everybody did it in order to level the field excuse that is acceptable. I believed in him, because he gave his word. That used to mean something.


    In addition I will no longer support the Livestrong foundation. There are several other organizations that fight cancer and provide services to those in need. My time, energy and financial support will be moved to one of them.

    Take me off your mailing list.”
    No worries! We have to believe in something in life, sometimes it turns out to be the wrong thing.
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  21. #521
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    My Bikes
    Sab, Diamondback MB, Kawasiki MB, Huffy hybrid fixed gear junk yard build, Huffy cruiser motorized.
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for a new add, "Screw the gear, it's all in the Dope." WIsh I where a better cyclist just so I could restore some honor to our community.

  22. #522
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,300
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, everyone who's still posting doubts that Armstrong doped, most tested athlete, etc. etc.

    Take a few minutes to actually read a few things before you further embarrass yourselves.
    You could fall off a cliff and die.
    You could get lost and die.
    You could hit a tree and die.
    OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.

  23. #523
    Senior Member Keith99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinextraligh View Post
    Please, everyone who's still posting doubts that Armstrong doped, most tested athlete, etc. etc.

    Take a few minutes to actually read a few things before you further embarrass yourselves.
    Do you think they will? LAnce fanboys have been making fools out of themselfs for a decade.

    Though I guess if your post saves only one it is worth it.
    Perish any man who suspects that these men either did or suffered anything unseemly.

  24. #524
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,300
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith99 View Post
    Do you think they will? LAnce fanboys have been making fools out of themselfs for a decade.

    Though I guess if your post saves only one it is worth it.
    Well, the Livestrong interns may have gotten new marching orders today, so there's that hope.
    You could fall off a cliff and die.
    You could get lost and die.
    You could hit a tree and die.
    OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.

  25. #525
    Senior Member Nachoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Point Loma, CA
    My Bikes
    Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)
    Posts
    12,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cale View Post
    Did Lance really think he could win the public relations battle over his reputation with this ludicrous policy of denial? Now the crown jewels of the Armstrong empire are seeking representation elsewhere.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...icle-1.1185478

    Moderators please move if this doesn't meet the requirements of professional cycling discussion.
    Interesting article.
    Goodbye Nike, Michelob, Radio Shack and Honey Stinger.
    Now what about Trek and Oakley?
    .
    .

    Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •