Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Senior Member TnBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Tn
    My Bikes
    Serotta Couer D"Acier
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    Why is it that Contador looked protected and LA looked alone?
    Looked that way- i don't see why Levi wouldn't stay closer if he were nearby.

  2. #27
    Senior Member reef58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    My Bikes
    Serotta Nove
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of Shack riders got dropped early on the last climb, but caught up as it flattened out some. Astana certainly looked strong today. I was surprised Kloden got dropped so early.

    Richard

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthr View Post
    Versus' coverage wasn't too good today. Phil and Paul missed ever giving us the contents of the peloton up the climb. For instance, rat shack had 4 riders in the peloton up the climb. Who was with Schleck ? etc .....

    They missed it all.
    Versus has no control over the tv camera that are shown. It the world feed. With Frenchmen leading the race and the KOM, that's where the cameras are going to be. Especially if no one from AC/AS/LA group is doing anything. Phil and Paul see what we see. Plus, they get radio info.
    Everyone has a right to an opinion. However, this does not mean that one's opinion is right.

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always like Sylvain Chavenel. His name sounds like he should be a professional gentleman of leisure.
    Everyone has a right to an opinion. However, this does not mean that one's opinion is right.

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil, '83 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    1,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionKhan View Post
    Versus has no control over the tv camera that are shown. It the world feed. With Frenchmen leading the race and the KOM, that's where the cameras are going to be. Especially if no one from AC/AS/LA group is doing anything. Phil and Paul see what we see. Plus, they get radio info.

    Sure, they don't control the feed, but even I could tell how many riders of which teams were in the peloton on my TV set.

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Out there, on my bike
    Posts
    5,420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job by Chavenel! He's a class act.

  7. #32
    Lance Hater Laggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Great job by Chavenel! He's a class act.
    +1
    i may have overreacted

  8. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job by Chavanel today. I always appreciate aggressive riders and even though I barely knew Chavanel before, I want to see him do well. I think "the pack" needs to be careful not to be too comfortable out there. Sure it's unlikely that a lead-out win can happen each day or win the overall tour, but it could happen and everyone will feel really stupid if it does. Pretty unpredictable tour so far.

  9. #34
    Heretic Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus, Giant OCR3, Giant CRS3
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ride by Sylvian Chavanel.

    Good to see Nicolas Roche moving up the GC to 8th at +2'28". He'll certainly find it harder tomorrow to stay with the big guys but he's still had a great first week in the Tour.
    History is the future

  10. #35
    Senior Member SunSwingsLow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Great job by Chavenel! He's a class act.
    agreed!!

    VERY happy to see him get a second stage and the yellow back.
    1999 GT Xizang Ti

    "i recieved an infraction"

  11. #36
    Senior Member cthenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone/DA9000, 2002 Litespeed Classic
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionKhan View Post
    I've always like Sylvain Chavenel. His name sounds like he should be a professional gentleman of leisure.
    HAHA! That's funny.

    As was said before, we (Versus) are forced to watch the feed given to us by French TV. You think they were going to turn away from a Frenchman winning the stage and getting yellow? Listening to the 2 interviews after the race, both Levi and Andy Schleck said it was a day harder than they expected, but from what we were able to watch of the peloton, Radioshack did not look good. How many Saxo's were there with Schleck? How many BMC's with Cadel (probably none)?

    The most important part of the stage was the beginning of the final climb, and the peloton was not covered well by TV at that point. Kloden was dropped surprisingly, and for a while, LA was completely alone. Many of the Shack boys finished with LA, but when Astana took control, I didn't see any of them. I also didn't see Vino as one of the Astana riders, so I don't know what was going on. Again, TV did not cover the peloton well at that point, but today, Astana wins.

    However, LA looked really good. Never looked in trouble. But at the same time...was AC even breathing on that climb, LOL?!?!?!

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Out there, on my bike
    Posts
    5,420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cthenn View Post
    As was said before, we (Versus) are forced to watch the feed given to us by French TV. You think they were going to turn away from a Frenchman winning the stage and getting yellow?
    Thank goodness they didn't! Frankly, I'm finding the more balanced coverage quite nice this year. That probably has alot to do with the fact that I listen to audio provided by a European source. I like Phil and Paul alot, but they do seem to be forced to talk about Lance and company to the detriment of the other riders and the Tour as a whole. The story was not Lance and Alberto. The story was Chavanel and the tremendous effort he made to arrive at the finish over 7 minutes ahead of the peleton, and over 13 minutes ahead of the Major Players.

    I am thankful that Versus is providing live coverage. I just prefer the audio provided by other sources.

  13. #38
    fixed for the long haul 40 Cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    1975 Raleigh Professional, 1990 Cannondale 3.0 Touring bike
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yellow and polkadot, a little something to make the French proud. Who knows, one of these years the ol' Badger might even get to pass the torch to one of his countrymen while he's still young enough to climb the podium.

  14. #39
    Senior Member SunSwingsLow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Thank goodness they didn't! Frankly, I'm finding the more balanced coverage quite nice this year. That probably has alot to do with the fact that I listen to audio provided by a European source. I like Phil and Paul alot, but they do seem to be forced to talk about Lance and company to the detriment of the other riders and the Tour as a whole. The story was not Lance and Alberto. The story was Chavanel and the tremendous effort he made to arrive at the finish over 7 minutes ahead of the peleton, and over 13 minutes ahead of the Major Players.

    I am thankful that Versus is providing live coverage. I just prefer the audio provided by other sources.
    yeah, the "rivalry" between Contador and Armstrong just seems so contrived in the coverage. Lance is over the hill and still doing great but no where near his championship days, while AC is into his prime and dominating.
    1999 GT Xizang Ti

    "i recieved an infraction"

  15. #40
    elitist jerk daytonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Blow - hio
    My Bikes
    CAAD9
    Posts
    4,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnBama View Post
    Looked that way- i don't see why Levi wouldn't stay closer if he were nearby.
    he was marking Vino
    I feel like a soiled kleenex dropped in the gutter in the red-light district of Paris.

  16. #41
    Upgrading my engine DXchulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    5,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 40 Cent View Post
    Yellow and polkadot, a little something to make the French proud. Who knows, one of these years the ol' Badger might even get to pass the torch to one of his countrymen while he's still young enough to climb the podium.
    Don't piss off the Badger.

    centuryperweek.blogspot.com

  17. #42
    Senior Member cthenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone/DA9000, 2002 Litespeed Classic
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Thank goodness they didn't! Frankly, I'm finding the more balanced coverage quite nice this year. That probably has alot to do with the fact that I listen to audio provided by a European source. I like Phil and Paul alot, but they do seem to be forced to talk about Lance and company to the detriment of the other riders and the Tour as a whole. The story was not Lance and Alberto. The story was Chavanel and the tremendous effort he made to arrive at the finish over 7 minutes ahead of the peleton, and over 13 minutes ahead of the Major Players.

    I am thankful that Versus is providing live coverage. I just prefer the audio provided by other sources.
    I'm not complaining. I'm just answering why the TV coverage of the peloton was not there at the beginning of the final climb when seemingly a lot was going on in the peloton.

    And Phil and Paul are making more out of Team Sky than they are Radioshack. I'm sure they have to pump up LA, but they seem to get really excited with a Sky rider comes into view.

  18. #43
    Are you with me Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR Advanced SL, Blue T-14 TT bike
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DXchulo View Post
    I don't think much will happen today. Fabian will keep yellow, the GC guys will stay together, and you'll see a late attack from a strong rider who's lower on GC. Maybe a guy like Cunego could take it.

    It would be interesting if Radio Shack sent Horner, Kloden, or Leipheimer on the attack to see how other teams would react. They'd still have strong guys left over for tomorrow's stage, and the day after that is a rest day.
    Cancellara almost held on to yellow. Just missed it by 14 minutes ;-)
    ---------------------------------
    must...teach...lesson.

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm not the only one thoroughly enjoying the Chavenel win. I know strategy is a big part of any race(and this stage isn't considered a big attack stage), but it was pretty cool to see Chavenel break away and fly over the mountains and on a Mercx nonetheless! Seems like this is what every stage should be like. Any chance that the major GC contenders will keep a closer eye on him, or is there just no hope?

  20. #45
    Upgrading my engine DXchulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    5,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Cancellara almost held on to yellow. Just missed it by 14 minutes ;-)
    Yeah, once he started getting dropped on the penultimate climb I knew that half of the prediction was wrong. Sometimes he can hang on the easier climbs, but Astana was pushing the pace a little today. They might have a stronger team than people thought, especially if Vino keeps behaving himself.
    centuryperweek.blogspot.com

  21. #46
    Senior Member cthenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone/DA9000, 2002 Litespeed Classic
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Cancellara almost held on to yellow. Just missed it by 14 minutes ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DXchulo View Post
    Yeah, once he started getting dropped on the penultimate climb I knew that half of the prediction was wrong. Sometimes he can hang on the easier climbs, but Astana was pushing the pace a little today. They might have a stronger team than people thought, especially if Vino keeps behaving himself.
    Well he climbed like a beast over the Grammont while winning Flanders. Maybe he forgot to replace the batteries on his motorbike!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •