The "Bill Strickland is a grundle-lapping Toady" Thread
I can't believe this guy. He's the one who writes on bicycle.com and wrote Tour de Lance. I have never seen such shameless self-promotion by an author.
Here's every article:
1. Mention something from stage in as few words as possible.
2. Mention stage in a Lance-centric universe.
3. Insert anecdote from my awesome book about Lance.
4. Provide hyperlink to said awesome book.
5. Say something snarky about Contador.
6. Provide link to super-awesome Lance book one more time for good measure.
I don't have any issues with writing about Lance. Obviously he's the megastar, there's a huge market for all things Lance, and people (myslef included) want to read about him. But this is just a sham. There's little journalistic value here. It's just a dude pimping his book.
insert witty comment here
Did you mean to say bicycling.com, as in the web site and popular magazine? Their magazine is pathetic and has been at least for the 2 or 3 years I have been familiar with it :-)
It's a world of self-promotion for some people these days.
No real harm in that as long as you know the bias.