Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-10, 03:27 PM   #1
nvrlnd7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
nvrlnd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vista,CA
Bikes: Tommaso Aggraziato,Schwinn Varsity TT Custom
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha ha ha we won !!!!!

Everyone said karma's gonna get alberto,but looks like it bite andy in the ass for his cobble attack on chavanel !

**VIVA PISTOLERO 2010 TDF**
nvrlnd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 03:29 PM   #2
nvrlnd7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
nvrlnd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vista,CA
Bikes: Tommaso Aggraziato,Schwinn Varsity TT Custom
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My name on his bike 2010 TDF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4751813637_a92d2cd40a..jpg (78.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg alberto..jpg (67.5 KB, 26 views)
nvrlnd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 03:33 PM   #3
SunSwingsLow
Senior Member
 
SunSwingsLow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Bikes:
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
whos we?
SunSwingsLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 03:40 PM   #4
nice_marmot
Big Ol' Varmint
 
nice_marmot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Bikes: 2015 Rodriguez Adventure, 2009 Kona Dew, 2007 Redline Conquest Pro
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Race on bicycle for make benefit great nation of Kazakhstan! Great success!

nice_marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 04:10 PM   #5
dahut
Ridin' South Cackalacky
 
dahut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There wasn't too much doubt on this stage, at least not in my mind. El Pistolero is a good TT racer and safe money was on him to maintain his position.
In the end he landed well ahead of Schleck and opened the gap some more. Andy appears to be passing his peak in the last few days. Maybe that's just me.
But if it's so, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. There is a lot to make up, with Paris calling so close. If Contador merely holds out and no catastrophes befall him, AS will have to be happy with the white jersey this year. The next stage will tell.

There were plenty of others to take the TT stage, though; Wiggo, Cavendish, Husovd, etc.. I was half expecting Alberto to be much closer; ditto Cavendish. This just seems to be his stage game. Four so far for Mark. I'm pleased to see Grabsch near the line, too.
I heard someone, somewhere, give the nod to todays stage winner, Cancelarra. I wish I could recall who that was.

Last edited by dahut; 07-24-10 at 05:44 PM.
dahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 04:20 PM   #6
umd
Banned
 
umd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT
Posts: 28,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrlnd7 View Post
we won
Fail
umd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 04:48 PM   #7
gitarzan
Lost Again
 
gitarzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbus, Oh!
Bikes: Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gitarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 06:20 PM   #8
nvrlnd7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
nvrlnd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vista,CA
Bikes: Tommaso Aggraziato,Schwinn Varsity TT Custom
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No the fail is on you buddy,i'm on the bike,so WE WON FOOL..
nvrlnd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 06:24 PM   #9
umd
Banned
 
umd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT
Posts: 28,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrlnd7 View Post
No the fail is on you buddy,i'm on the bike,so WE WON FOOL..
If you didn't exist, it would not have affected the results one iota. You did not win, you were not involved, you fail.
umd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 07:52 PM   #10
USAZorro
Seņor Member
 
USAZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florence, KY
Bikes: 1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1996 Giant Iguana, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead
Posts: 14,474
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrlnd7 View Post
No the fail is on you buddy,i'm on the bike,so WE WON FOOL..
My name is on the bike too, and I would never dream of either starting a thread to rub it in, or claim I had anything to do with the success. If I ever do meet Alberto, I might mention it to him, but wouldn't ever say to him "we won".
__________________
In search of what to search for.
USAZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 08:11 PM   #11
rousseau
Senior Member
 
rousseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 2,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSwingsLow View Post
whos we?
rousseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 08:17 PM   #12
Randy5040
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eugene, Or
Bikes: 2010 Felt Z85
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahut View Post
There wasn't too much doubt on this stage, at least not in my mind. El Pistolero is a good TT racer and safe money was on him to maintain his position.
In the end he landed well ahead of Schleck and opened the gap some more. Andy appears to be passing his peak in the last few days. Maybe that's just me.
But if it's so, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. There is a lot to make up, with Paris calling so close. If Contador merely holds out and no catastrophes befall him, AS will have to be happy with the white jersey this year. The next stage will tell.

There were plenty of others to take the TT stage, though; Wiggo, Cavendish, Husovd, etc.. I was half expecting Alberto to be much closer; ditto Cavendish. This just seems to be his stage game. Four so far for Mark. I'm pleased to see Grabsch near the line, too.
I heard someone, somewhere, give the nod to todays stage winner, Cancelarra. I wish I could recall who that was.
If well ahead is the same amount of time that AS lost from his chain dropping and AC attacking then ya I guess he ended up "well ahead"
Randy5040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 08:22 PM   #13
dahut
Ridin' South Cackalacky
 
dahut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exactly. AC was attacking when AS lost his chain. That "chain of events" had already begun, less than 3km from the finish. Sorry Andy, it sucks that it happened. But no racer would have stopped at that point. Even Schleck said so.

Last edited by dahut; 07-24-10 at 09:48 PM.
dahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 08:39 PM   #14
bhchdh 
Senior Member
 
bhchdh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hampton Roads VA
Bikes: '07 Trek 520, '09 Gary Fisher Triton, '04 Trek 8000, '85 Trek 500, '84 Trek 610, '85 Trek 510, '92 Trek Multitrack 700
Posts: 1,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
What is the story of the names on Contador's bike?
__________________
"When I hear another express an opinion, which is not mine, I say to myself, He has a right to his opinion, as I to mine; why should I question it. His error does me no injury, and shall I become a Don Quixot to bring all men by force of argument, to one opinion? If a fact be misstated, it is probable he is gratified by a belief of it, and I have no right to deprive him of the gratification."

T. Jefferson
bhchdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:19 PM   #15
waikikihei
clean water
 
waikikihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maui, HI
Bikes: Litespeed
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahut View Post
There wasn't too much doubt on this stage, at least not in my mind. El Pistolero is a good TT racer and safe money was on him to maintain his position.
In the end he landed well ahead of Schleck and opened the gap some more. Andy appears to be passing his peak in the last few days. Maybe that's just me.
But if it's so, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. There is a lot to make up, with Paris calling so close. If Contador merely holds out and no catastrophes befall him, AS will have to be happy with the white jersey this year. The next stage will tell.

There were plenty of others to take the TT stage, though; Wiggo, Cavendish, Husovd, etc.. I was half expecting Alberto to be much closer; ditto Cavendish. This just seems to be his stage game. Four so far for Mark. I'm pleased to see Grabsch near the line, too.
I heard someone, somewhere, give the nod to todays stage winner, Cancelarra. I wish I could recall who that was.
Extremely unlikely.
waikikihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:27 PM   #16
Howzit
Big Blade
 
Howzit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haha, Schlecks crappy sram crapped out again today. Hope they use it again next year, i would relish at seeing it fail again, and again, and again, and again. LMAO.
Alberto won, just as he clobbered LA last year. Poor old Contador, nobody wants to see the Spanish succeed, well, now they have the Tour and the Soccer World cup.
Howzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:31 PM   #17
USAZorro
Seņor Member
 
USAZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florence, KY
Bikes: 1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1996 Giant Iguana, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead
Posts: 14,474
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhchdh View Post
What is the story of the names on Contador's bike?
Specialized set up two contests a couple months ago. Put in an application, and if your name was selected, it got put on a bike that would be ridden in the Tour. There was one to be on Alberto's bike, and the other was to be on Andy's bike.

I had all but forgotten this when, the week before the tour, I received an e-mail informing me I was "riding with Alberto", and there were a bunch of photos showing the names. I was a bit skeptical, until I found my name inside one of the chainstays. Then, I received another e-mail telling me he was going to ride the bike on stage 18. He did, but ended up switching the bike out before the stage ended.
__________________
In search of what to search for.
USAZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:52 PM   #18
Howzit
Big Blade
 
Howzit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
Specialized set up two contests a couple months ago. Put in an application, and if your name was selected, it got put on a bike that would be ridden in the Tour. There was one to be on Alberto's bike, and the other was to be on Andy's bike.

I had all but forgotten this when, the week before the tour, I received an e-mail informing me I was "riding with Alberto", and there were a bunch of photos showing the names. I was a bit skeptical, until I found my name inside one of the chainstays. Then, I received another e-mail telling me he was going to ride the bike on stage 18. He did, but ended up switching the bike out before the stage ended.
Sounds pretty cool.
Why did he switch out his bike out of curiosity?
Was it a climbing bike versus a flat stage bike? As in, fitted with deeper wheels and lowered stem or something? Just curious if they still are using two bikes for different stages, or switching out bikes at the top of climbs for descents.
Pantani, Ulrich, Virenque and others used to ride this way. Slightly heavier bikes and different wheels for descents for people like Pantani. He also used 170mm cranks for climbs and switched to 175s for the descents.
Im surprised Contador and especially Scleck dont do this.
As a matter of fact, if I were the team mechanic, I would have waited at the top with a different bike for Scleck on stage 15. Super deep wheels, longer cranks, lower stem and slightly heavier bike.
But then again, what do I know.
Howzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:59 PM   #19
Randy5040
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eugene, Or
Bikes: 2010 Felt Z85
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahut View Post
Exactly. AC was attacking when AS lost his chain. That "chain of events" had already begun, less than 3km from the finish. Sorry Andy, it sucks that it happened. But no racer would have stopped at that point. Even Schleck said so.
Um when did Andy say that because I saw multiple interviews where he said he wouldn't have attacked in that situation. I did however see LA say that he thought it was okay for him to attack but stupid for contador to lie that he didn't see what happened when he was 50 feet behind schleck.
Randy5040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:59 PM   #20
rail157
dropped
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
As a matter of fact, if I were the team mechanic, I would have waited at the top with a different bike for Scleck on stage 15. Super deep wheels, longer cranks, lower stem and slightly heavier bike.
But then again, what do I know.
They changed the rule this year so that riders can only take bikes from the team cars or the neutral support cars, not from the side of the road.
rail157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:59 PM   #21
USAZorro
Seņor Member
 
USAZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florence, KY
Bikes: 1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1996 Giant Iguana, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead
Posts: 14,474
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
Sounds pretty cool.
Why did he switch out his bike out of curiosity? ...
Wasn't quite sure. They showed him riding it, and switching it for another bike on stage 18 (flat). Evidently something wasn't to his liking (I'd guess set-up, or there was a glitch with a component).
__________________
In search of what to search for.
USAZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 10:02 PM   #22
Howzit
Big Blade
 
Howzit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rail157 View Post
They changed the rule this year so that riders can only take bikes from the team cars or the neutral support cars, not from the side of the road.
I guess thats kinda what I meant, near the top, the car would fly past, stop and take down the downhill bike for him from off the top of the car, thats what they did for Pantani, Ulrich and clan. Maybe there are previsions in the rule that specify that thats not allowed either... ?
Howzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 10:12 PM   #23
Sea Green Sky
Senior Member
 
Sea Green Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the foot of Angeles National
Bikes: PedalForce CG1 (the race/century bike), PedalForce RS (the trainer), Eighth Inch SS (the fixie), Flyte SRS-3 (the beater), Caloi Strada Pro (the commuter), Oddball Alu MTB (the tank), Trek 850 (the MTB SS)
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
Haha, Schlecks crappy sram crapped out again today. Hope they use it again next year, i would relish at seeing it fail again, and again, and again, and again. LMAO. ....
Yeah, with SRAM at the top two spots on the podium this year and the top three last year that must be some really non-functional stuff.
Sea Green Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 10:12 PM   #24
dahut
Ridin' South Cackalacky
 
dahut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5040 View Post
Um when did Andy say that because I saw multiple interviews where he said he wouldn't have attacked in that situation. I did however see LA say that he thought it was okay for him to attack but stupid for contador to lie that he didn't see what happened when he was 50 feet behind schleck.
It was reported soon after the the stage end. Later, after the etiquette whiners got going, he recanted.

But I see now it was Vino that was right with Schleck, not Alberto. Contador was well behind, starting his as it appeared, back on an uphill drive. He was out of view and honking hard by the look of it, and literally blew by Schleck by the time he got abreast. Is it possible he missed the chain jump? It does seem unlikely.

Should he have stopped, when he was hard on a drive to the finish?

Hmmmm, good question. After watching it about ten times, I say no. He should have done just what he was doing, pounding as hard as he could for the finish, from behind. it was now or never, at that point. Had this happened at km 28, things would be different.
Again, sorry Andy. On occasion, sheet does happen.

Now, IF he had seen the chain fly off and knew it when he went blasting by, he should not have lied when it came up. A simple, "Yes, and I was ripping by at that point, too hard to stop...." would have sufficed.

Last edited by dahut; 07-24-10 at 10:36 PM.
dahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 10:23 PM   #25
Howzit
Big Blade
 
Howzit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Green Sky View Post
Yeah, with SRAM at the top two spots on the podium this year and the top three last year that must be some really non-functional stuff.
The only reason its on the podium is because the sponsor agreements with the top teams. If this is too confusing for you to understand ill explain it. When you have the potential to win the Tour, you require a big budget to run the team and pay good salaries. You would knowingly take crappy equipment because it is attached with a good $500,000 chack to it.
Furthermore when something is said to be proven, it usually means its been through many years, if not decades of use and is widely excepted as fact that it usually works good. Sram hasent even been in the Tour for 5 years, and this year it proved utterly useless. What part of "proven" are you delussional about.
Im really disappointed when I see stupid remarks like this. I guess it takes 2 or 3 years to make something proven these days? This is the problem with marketing, that right there. Just as baseball has advertised world champions, world being new york versus Ohio, I didnt know those two where countries, but then again, you can call anything whatever you want. You can call using something for 4 years, one of which it craps out and is widely known to have problems, proven.

Last edited by Howzit; 07-24-10 at 10:27 PM.
Howzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.