Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-10, 12:56 AM   #1
cw0110
Member
Thread Starter
 
cw0110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna/Austria
Bikes: Road Bikes:Biria,Quantec,Specialized,RIH-Track,Fort-Cross;MTB:Univega Fully,Chaka DJ,Chaka DH
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please Stop !

Is it too much to ask for a special forum, debating the topics of doping and the related speculations, accusations, verifications, and other -ations that are eluding me right now due to my limited vocabulary.
Professional cycling is not reduced to doping, although one might have the impression when you count the number of threads dealing with this particular topic here.
I don�t close my eyes to the fact, that doping is a severe problem for any professional sport, but i want to be "insert swayword of your choice here" if i have my favourite sport ruined by a number of cheats and no goods.
A cyclist that is proven guilty using unauthorized performance increasing substances or methods is a criminal and has to be treated accordingly.
The words to watch are proven guilty.
Up to that point it is in dubio pro re.
If he has done his time and wants to take up his former profession again, according to the rules, so be it.
Enough said about doping.
So if any of the forum founders could open up something like this:
http://nyx.at/bikeboard/Board/forumd...ghtroad.org%29
i would be boundlessly happy.
Sorry for my english, but i am a little out of exercise (and google translator was not a great help).

greetings Christian
cw0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 06:42 AM   #2
luxroadie
I read more than post
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Luxembourg
Bikes:
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw0110 View Post
Is it too much to ask for a special forum, debating the topics of doping and the related speculations, accusations, verifications, and other -ations that are eluding me right now due to my limited vocabulary.
Professional cycling is not reduced to doping, although one might have the impression when you count the number of threads dealing with this particular topic here.
I don�t close my eyes to the fact, that doping is a severe problem for any professional sport, but i want to be "insert swayword of your choice here" if i have my favourite sport ruined by a number of cheats and no goods.
A cyclist that is proven guilty using unauthorized performance increasing substances or methods is a criminal and has to be treated accordingly.
The words to watch are proven guilty.
Up to that point it is in dubio pro re.
If he has done his time and wants to take up his former profession again, according to the rules, so be it.
Enough said about doping.
So if any of the forum founders could open up something like this:
http://nyx.at/bikeboard/Board/forumd...ghtroad.org%29
i would be boundlessly happy.
Sorry for my english, but i am a little out of exercise (and google translator was not a great help).

greetings Christian
+ 1 Trillion

Put everything about Armstrong, LeMond and doping into its own forum. I don't want to surf through seventy threads (some worth it most not almost all duplications) to find one that actually talks about Professional Cycling.

Eneco Tour??

Upcoming Worlds??

Why isn't McEwen on the AU national team?

This is what Professional cycling is about ... the rest is gossip, opinion, conjecture, lies, truth ... and tangentally related to the sport.

Alternatively ... leave it all in Professional Cycling and create a new one called Professional Race Discussions.
luxroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 07:40 AM   #3
Bacciagalupe
Professional Fuss-Budget
 
Bacciagalupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 6,438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just ignore the threads. It really is not that hard to read a subject line and know instantly that you don't want to read it or participate.
Bacciagalupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 08:22 AM   #4
bellweatherman
Senior Member
 
bellweatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin
Bikes: Too many to count
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe View Post
Just ignore the threads. It really is not that hard to read a subject line and know instantly that you don't want to read it or participate.
I agree. The new guy that joined the forum and had an immediate complaint should've just ignored the posts related to the riders he didn't want to red about. Instead he makes a NEW post which actually has nothing to do with Pro Cycling.

Not a whole lot of important races going on Post Tour de France. And doping in pro cycling with the federal investigation is the hot topic at the moment and it is in every major sports news networks.
bellweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 09:06 AM   #5
cw0110
Member
Thread Starter
 
cw0110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna/Austria
Bikes: Road Bikes:Biria,Quantec,Specialized,RIH-Track,Fort-Cross;MTB:Univega Fully,Chaka DJ,Chaka DH
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
I agree. The new guy that joined the forum and had an immediate complaint . . . .
Age does not matter, unless you're a cheese.
If you reduce pro cycling to the top three tours, you are missing a lot of entertaining sport.
I am interested in sport, not in sport networks.
I am quite capable of reading the subject lines, but it makes me sad, if the top five threads are about doping.
It would be the same to describe marriage by referring to the numbers of divorces.

greetings Christian
cw0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 12:34 PM   #6
surgeonstone
Senior Member
 
surgeonstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Bend IN
Bikes: Merlin Lunaris
Posts: 10,353
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
I agree. The new guy that joined the forum and had an immediate complaint should've just ignored the posts related to the riders he didn't want to red about. Instead he makes a NEW post which actually has nothing to do with Pro Cycling.

Not a whole lot of important races going on Post Tour de France. And doping in pro cycling with the federal investigation is the hot topic at the moment and it is in every major sports news networks.
There you go again!
surgeonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 01:37 PM   #7
rockpilex
Senior Member
 
rockpilex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Whitefish, MT
Bikes:
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lets here the skinny on the vuelta!!
rockpilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 02:28 PM   #8
C_Heath
Its Freakin HammerTime!!!
 
C_Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Off the back @ 188 BPM's
Bikes: 2008 Felt F3 :)
Posts: 2,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I just had a 5 hour energy and I am AMPED! Does that count as doping?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
I don't like any other exercise or sports, really.
....

http://www.xxcycle.com/logo_w150h100/bmc.jpg
C_Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 02:59 PM   #9
DLBroox
Senior Member
 
DLBroox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, Dahon Curve D3, Dahon Mu Uno
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Number of views of the top doping threads...about 12,000.

I adore the sport of cycling. I just watched the repeat highlights of last year's Vuelta on Usports last night just for fun. But I also like the banter about doping because it's part of the sport whether you like it or not.

So go read something else.
DLBroox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 03:34 PM   #10
Voodoo76
Blast from the Past
 
Voodoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Schertz TX
Bikes: Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Dolan PreCursa
Posts: 2,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Heath View Post
I just had a 5 hour energy and I am AMPED! Does that count as doping?
I'm sure there are some banned substances in there somewhere And is this a systematic, team thing or just you drinking one?
Voodoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 08:47 PM   #11
Chapeau!
Member
 
Chapeau!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We love Wien Christian.

Great City. Great Country.
Chapeau! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 PM.