Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-10, 04:17 AM   #1
Thirstyman
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York metro area
Bikes:
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cycling news web site

looks like the dunder heads at Cycling News have reposted their unrevised, unedited 4 month-old story regarding Rossi's B sample negative for CERA as headline news on 8/30. Am I in the twilight zone or am I missing something new here?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/
Thirstyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 10:10 AM   #2
bellweatherman
Senior Member
 
bellweatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin
Bikes: Too many to count
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are in the Twilight zone. Cyclingnews.com is about 1,000,000 times better than any other online cycling pub out there. Go attack Velonews. They are the online magazine that is all about advertising dollars. They aren't even unbiased, and have lost all journalistic integrity. Not only will Velonews not cover what other online major sports agencies are covering, they do so unethically. Yep. They take advertising money from Armstrong's groups (Livestrong, Radio Shack, etc), and have blatantly done so all year while keeping the negative AP articles off their magazine. I have a friend who works in their print dept that tells me stuff about them all the time.

It's evident that Velonews won't cover the latest news on the federal investigation while the Associate Press, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sport, CBS Sports, NBS Sports, other cycling news agencies, such CyclingNews.com, even freaking Bicycling.com cover this. Oh no. Serious. Do a search on Velonews. During the previous couple months, the most newsworthy story they covered about Lance Armstrong was a speech he did at some high school. People know that the editors have decided that they will not cover any federal investigation into American doping, unless it is a rebuttal statement. And you know who is doing the rebuttals. That is right. Armstrong and his lawyers. Thus, even if you get any news, it's all one-sided. No journalistic integrity. Go over to Cyclingnews. They don't pull rank crap like that.
bellweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 10:33 AM   #3
Kayce
Senior Member
 
Kayce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St Louis
Bikes:
Posts: 1,846
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You really needed to get out your anti-Velonews meesage out, no matter what the actual threas was about didnt you?
Kayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 11:01 AM   #4
daytonian
elitist jerk
 
daytonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Blow - hio
Bikes: CAAD9
Posts: 4,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
You are in the Twilight zone. Cyclingnews.com is about 1,000,000 times better than any other online cycling pub out there. Go attack Velonews. They are the online magazine that is all about advertising dollars. They aren't even unbiased, and have lost all journalistic integrity. Not only will Velonews not cover what other online major sports agencies are covering, they do so unethically. Yep. They take advertising money from Armstrong's groups (Livestrong, Radio Shack, etc), and have blatantly done so all year while keeping the negative AP articles off their magazine. I have a friend who works in their print dept that tells me stuff about them all the time.

It's evident that Velonews won't cover the latest news on the federal investigation while the Associate Press, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sport, CBS Sports, NBS Sports, other cycling news agencies, such CyclingNews.com, even freaking Bicycling.com cover this. Oh no. Serious. Do a search on Velonews. During the previous couple months, the most newsworthy story they covered about Lance Armstrong was a speech he did at some high school. People know that the editors have decided that they will not cover any federal investigation into American doping, unless it is a rebuttal statement. And you know who is doing the rebuttals. That is right. Armstrong and his lawyers. Thus, even if you get any news, it's all one-sided. No journalistic integrity. Go over to Cyclingnews. They don't pull rank crap like that.
+1

I noticed that a few months back as well.

My only beef with Cyclingnews is they always end their stories with the subject's (rider's) doping history or involvement.
daytonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 11:13 AM   #5
Cateye
Senior Member
 
Cateye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lactate Threshold
Bikes: Orbea
Posts: 584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
You are in the Twilight zone. Cyclingnews.com is about 1,000,000 times better than any other online cycling pub out there. Go attack Velonews. They are the online magazine that is all about advertising dollars. They aren't even unbiased, and have lost all journalistic integrity. Not only will Velonews not cover what other online major sports agencies are covering, they do so unethically. Yep. They take advertising money from Armstrong's groups (Livestrong, Radio Shack, etc), and have blatantly done so all year while keeping the negative AP articles off their magazine. I have a friend who works in their print dept that tells me stuff about them all the time.

It's evident that Velonews won't cover the latest news on the federal investigation while the Associate Press, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sport, CBS Sports, NBS Sports, other cycling news agencies, such CyclingNews.com, even freaking Bicycling.com cover this. Oh no. Serious. Do a search on Velonews. During the previous couple months, the most newsworthy story they covered about Lance Armstrong was a speech he did at some high school. People know that the editors have decided that they will not cover any federal investigation into American doping, unless it is a rebuttal statement. And you know who is doing the rebuttals. That is right. Armstrong and his lawyers. Thus, even if you get any news, it's all one-sided. No journalistic integrity. Go over to Cyclingnews. They don't pull rank crap like that.
Greg LeMond.......you're still here?
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 12:38 PM   #6
daytonian
elitist jerk
 
daytonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Blow - hio
Bikes: CAAD9
Posts: 4,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cateye View Post
Greg LeMond.......you're still here?
Velonews is to Armstrong as Fox news is to Dick Cheney
daytonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 07:00 PM   #7
bellweatherman
Senior Member
 
bellweatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin
Bikes: Too many to count
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonian View Post
+1

I noticed that a few months back as well.

My only beef with Cyclingnews is they always end their stories with the subject's (rider's) doping history or involvement.

THANK YOU! Finally someone not blinded by the yellow rubber band love! Velonews is biased, no doubt. The icing on the cake was when beat writers like Bonnie Ford at ESPN were scooping Velonews, as well as other beat writers on local newspaper staffs. How? There are hordes of articles published by the AP, picked up by literally every major news organizations, even ones that have nothing to do with sports. The federal investigation IS big news, yet Velonews has let their advertising dollars from Armstrong's groups guide them in what they publish.

It was way over the top, when only in the recent couple months the very day the ESPN, SI, Fox, Cyclingnews, etc. broke news of other information and corroboration against Armstrong, Velonews publishes an article about him doing a speech at a high school graduation. Velonews is unethical. No journalistic integrity at all. Just flat-out blatant BS.
bellweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 10:05 PM   #8
Thirstyman
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York metro area
Bikes:
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bell weather: Your answer, if I can call it that, appears to be simply an attempt to distract from the question. You sound a lot like an interested party from CN.

How about addressing the issue of a exact repost of a 4 month old story they ran in April on the front of the cycling news web page? Looks to me like the editors are asleep at CN. Days later it's still there.

How about the constant posting of old unrelated pictures with news stories. Like we wouldn't notice.

Have you no ability to call a spade a spade?

Last edited by Thirstyman; 08-31-10 at 11:41 PM.
Thirstyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 12:12 AM   #9
bellweatherman
Senior Member
 
bellweatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin
Bikes: Too many to count
Posts: 2,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was addressed. And you were called out on your lie. If you want to actually post some substance to your post, that is YOUR claims of which you made the thread, then directly quote the page with reference to the webpage (ie, link). You want to know why you won't do that? Because you can't. You lied and were called out on it. The onus is on you. It's your thread. Your claim. Your lie.
bellweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 05:54 AM   #10
Thirstyman
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York metro area
Bikes:
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellweatherman View Post
It was addressed. And you were called out on your lie. If you want to actually post some substance to your post, that is YOUR claims of which you made the thread, then directly quote the page with reference to the webpage (ie, link). You want to know why you won't do that? Because you can't. You lied and were called out on it. The onus is on you. It's your thread. Your claim. Your lie.
Dude, did you even look at my opening post? I did put the link to the CN headline page which shows the bogus repeat story as the first in yesterdays (8/30) round up section.

Once again for the remedial readers among us. The CN front news page as of this morning 8/31: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ showing the old story as a repost. The actual story itself from that page (notice the years old picture they have been running since before Ricco's suspension): Rossi's B sample negative for CERA

It's really apparent that you must be working for Cycling News (perhaps as a dunderhead editor) or have some other close relationship because just like the editors there, you have your head in the sand.

Last edited by Thirstyman; 09-01-10 at 07:59 AM.
Thirstyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 AM.