I have been watching the TDF and haven't spent much time reading BF. Sorry if my questions have already been asked.
1. MONEY - What's the budget for the TDF teams? $20M for G-C? Is there a significant spread? It seems like Garmin-Cervelo is probably spending a lot more than Euskaltel-Euskad!
2. TEAMS - I would think most people who know who are interested in cycling probably know won last year's TDF, but do many know what team won? Or is it the team recognition mostly derived from the individual rider who won? (I still tend to think Astana when I think of Contador.)
3. MOVISTAR - What's the story with the Movistar team? I believe it's funded by Tom Cruise and Jackie Chen - is there some special connection between them or to cycling? (The team doesn't seem to be doing very well!)
4. GEARING - What gears are the sprinters using? 53/11 or bigger chainrings? Are all the top sprinters using similar gears?
5. CADENCE - How many RPM does Cavendish turn when he's sprinting? Is his ability to turn a high cadence or his power that gives him the advantage over other excellent sprinters (like Tyler Farrar yesterday in Stage 15)?
6. CADENCE - What sort of average cadence does the pack have for a mostly flat (?) stage like yesterday?
7. CADENCE - What sort of cadence do most the riders keep when climbing big climbs?
8. COVERAGE - Didn't Bob Roll used to be an announcer during the race, not just pre- and post-race or for special comments? Is he in the dog house or has he become a superstar? (I find him entertaining although I think he smiles too much.)
9. GREEN JERSEY - Is the HTC team focused entirely on winning the green jersey for Mark Cavendish? If so, does the green jersey carry enough "panache" (or "marketing clout" or whatever wording would be better) to make it worth the cost?
Thanks for any answers.