Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 430
  1. #326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    My Bikes
    Gunnar, Surly
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thechemist View Post
    I am all about skeptisicm but no need to crucify the guy yet.
    Just out of curiosity, what would it take for you to lose your skepticism and decide that it's time for a crucifixion? Everyone seems to have a point where they just don't buy it anymore. For some (like myself), with respect to Froome, that day was a few stages back or maybe it was last year when he was waiting for Wiggins. Others may never reach that point. After all, there are many who didn't lose their faith in Armstrong till after he went on Oprah, and there even some others who still worship the guy.

  2. #327
    Senior Member bigd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could have been a different outcome in today's ITT if Froome did not have the advantage of the bike switch. When a person has a mechanical, it seems fitting that they do a bike change and push the rider back to a starting speed. Sky chose a hill to change so the time stopping and getting back up to speed would be the least. Further, his coach pushed him right back to speed while he was clipping in and getting on his gears. Starting from a complete stop on a hill on a tt bike can zap your energy and probably take much more time.

  3. #328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd View Post
    It could have been a different outcome in today's ITT if Froome did not have the advantage of the bike switch. When a person has a mechanical, it seems fitting that they do a bike change and push the rider back to a starting speed. Sky chose a hill to change so the time stopping and getting back up to speed would be the least. Further, his coach pushed him right back to speed while he was clipping in and getting on his gears. Starting from a complete stop on a hill on a tt bike can zap your energy and probably take much more time.
    No team can change out a bike that quick. We need a blood sample from the team manager.

  4. #329
    BF Avatar Zombie Hunter Jseis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SW Washington state on the ocean!
    My Bikes
    1973 Motobecane Grand Jubilee, 1981 Centurion Super LeMans, 2010 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '03 Colnago Dream Lux, several older family Treks
    Posts
    989
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Froome's advantage is clearly 2nd hand dope smoke from the fans. This is based on transfusions going on in all those RV's you see lining the course. They are so disgusted with their countrymen they stop breathing when they pass.
    Amerika, Land of the Very Brief.

  5. #330
    Senior Member Big Pete 1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chelan, WA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD-10
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one that noticed the hottie in the red bikini today?

  6. #331
    Senior Member Mike F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    2012 Scott CR1 Team, Felt Z85
    Posts
    2,033
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete 1982 View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed the hottie in the red bikini today?
    Pic's?
    2012 Scott CR1 Team
    2011 Felt Z-85
    2005 Jamis Durango Sport

  7. #332
    In the Pain Cave thechemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deinonychi View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what would it take for you to lose your skepticism and decide that it's time for a crucifixion? Everyone seems to have a point where they just don't buy it anymore. For some (like myself), with respect to Froome, that day was a few stages back or maybe it was last year when he was waiting for Wiggins. Others may never reach that point. After all, there are many who didn't lose their faith in Armstrong till after he went on Oprah, and there even some others who still worship the guy.
    Well, if he is not doping than I would have to be under the assumption he is the next great. The next Bolt of running, Phelps of swimming etc. That being said, their really isent much he can do aside from failing a drug test/admitting etc. that could switch the decision.

    A few things that I would like to see though or atleast have UCI/WADA access are his power files. I would also like to see Sky more transparant post TDF.

  8. #333
    Senior Member JT Burkard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    My Bikes
    BMW Cruise Bike, Specialized Hardrock, Fuji Sagres, Magna Mountain Bike
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete 1982 View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed the hottie in the red bikini today?
    She was right before the second check point right? How about that jerk right at that check point who felt he had to run next to each rider and slap them on the back. These morons need to be restrained.
    ~ JT ~
    BMW Cruise Bicycle
    Specialized Hardrock
    1985 Fuji Sagres
    Some other cheap old bikes I've held onto for years for no reason

    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...iml/weight.png

  9. #334
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a tough one, but contrary to popular belief I don't think that the quality of riders this year (and last year) is up there with past years. Yes there's a few big names here but the likes of Schleck and Evans are unfit (Andy) and possibly past it (Cadel). I mean look at Belkin (Rabobank) they're doing really well and they haven't been close for years. Therefore I don't see Froome dominating as a sure sign of foul play. That being said his pure speeds do look a little dodgy but there's more than enough grey area to believe for now. These guys are machines how who put in a shed load of intense training which is easily accessible.

  10. #335
    Travelling hopefully chasm54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Uncertain
    Posts
    6,417
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thechemist View Post
    Well, if he is not doping than I would have to be under the assumption he is the next great. The next Bolt of running, Phelps of swimming etc. That being said, their really isent much he can do aside from failing a drug test/admitting etc. that could switch the decision.

    A few things that I would like to see though or atleast have UCI/WADA access are his power files. I would also like to see Sky more transparant post TDF.
    This. Still hopeful about Sky inviting WADA in.

    It's a pity Froome looks so terrible on the bike, though, don't you think? One wants one's champions to be elegant, I feel...
    There have been many days when I haven't felt like riding, but there has never been a day when I was sorry I rode.

  11. #336
    Port Rocket-Sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boston
    My Bikes
    1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2005 Calfee Dragonfly Pro
    Posts
    4,788
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team...mes-power-data
    Sky releases Froome's power data.

  12. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He must have excellent ability to recover between stages."

    Um, yeah.

  13. #338
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,389
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Sauce View Post
    The comments are a hoot. This is all so comical to me, being a noob to watching pro cycling. I guess it gives people something to complain about.
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  14. #339
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem as I see it is that Sky have released 2011 figures onwards, which show that he hasn't got stronger / weaker / slower / faster during that period. What I'd like to see is the 2010 figures, which could show how much he's improved since joining Sky.

  15. #340
    BF Avatar Zombie Hunter Jseis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SW Washington state on the ocean!
    My Bikes
    1973 Motobecane Grand Jubilee, 1981 Centurion Super LeMans, 2010 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '03 Colnago Dream Lux, several older family Treks
    Posts
    989
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly Froome signaled Porte on today's stage climb with a secret hand sign that said "Quick you lazy pulling pack mule I need more dope and I need it now!" The French all breathed a sigh of relief as Riblon got the dope on van Garderen who desperately needed the needle that last few klicks.
    Last edited by Jseis; 07-18-13 at 12:58 PM.
    Amerika, Land of the Very Brief.

  16. #341
    Senior Member simongrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clifftaylor View Post
    The problem as I see it is that Sky have released 2011 figures onwards, which show that he hasn't got stronger / weaker / slower / faster during that period. What I'd like to see is the 2010 figures, which could show how much he's improved since joining Sky.
    me too, if he's been on the juice since 2011 then its very probable his data would be 'consistent'.

  17. #342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simongrant View Post
    me too, if he's been on the juice since 2011 then its very probable his data would be 'consistent'.
    The moral of the story? Start them out on the gas earlier. 2-years old seems reasonable. As soon as they can put feet on pedal.

  18. #343
    Professional Fuss-Budget Bacciagalupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,274
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....and we can already see how releasing the power data will not satisfy the cynics.

  19. #344
    Senior Member jr59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe View Post
    ....and we can already see how releasing the power data will not satisfy the cynics.

    Did you expect it to? REALLY????
    Gravity hates us all, but it hates me more than thin people!

  20. #345
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I see with the analysis of his data is that the two things cited as extraordinary by the reviewer (VO2Max and recovery ability) are the two things most likely to be improved by doping. So the expert is saying, yes his numbers are consistent since he joined Sky, but he has top of the chart VO2Max and must be tremendous at recovering...and none of those statements mean that he is or is not doping. So we are still left to wonder. I would say I am somewhat less skeptical than I was a few days ago, because it seems that Sky is trying to be transparent about it in a way that doesn't give other teams an advantage, but they really are in a tough position trying to prove the negative, and I do feel sorry for Froome if he is clean, because he is having to pay the price in skepticism for all the sins of those who rode before him.

  21. #346
    Velo Club La Grange Cat4Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MDR, CA
    Posts
    1,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe View Post
    ....and we can already see how releasing the power data will not satisfy the hating a'holes.
    fixed

  22. #347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe View Post
    ....and we can already see how releasing the power data will not satisfy the cynics.
    So you do not see the logic in the argument then? Why would they not release all power numbers from him since joining sky, why a select part?
    Thats not cynicism, thats a common sense question.

  23. #348
    Heretic Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus, Giant OCR3, Giant CRS3
    Posts
    1,206
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can never prove someone isn't doping no matter how much evidence you produce.

    Why try?
    History is the future

  24. #349
    I'm doing it wrong. RJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My Bikes
    Rivendell Roadeo, Rivendell Sam Hillborne.
    Posts
    1,885
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    You can never prove someone isn't doping no matter how much evidence you produce.

    Why try?
    You can make it look like you aren't trying to hide something.

    He cracked on today's stage....good sign.
    "Rivendells do not rock; they jamboree."
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."

  25. #350
    Professional Fuss-Budget Bacciagalupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,274
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cincipeddler View Post
    So you do not see the logic in the argument then?
    What I see is people who have little interest in actually being satisfied by a possible answer, and are willing to throw Froome off the side of Alpe d'Huez for eating a gel in the final 5K.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •