Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50
  1. #26
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat4Lifer View Post
    is that he was trying to shake down Lance.
    dude most likely asked for a payoff and got a legal battle instead.
    As open as just about everyone says Lance was about doping to those around him,
    it's a lil difficult to believe that Anderson just happened to accidently find out and then
    Lance started treating him like trash. Seems more believable that Anderson, like most everyone
    close to Lance, knew all along he was doping and finally decided to blackmail him. And as far as
    his motivation to move New Zealand, no one but Anderson knows why he moved there, but I highly
    doubt it was because Lance ran him out of the country!Oh my ******* god, people are so ready to
    believe any silly sound thing.
    If you do not know what you are talking about, then it is best to clam up! Mike Anderson was a personal assistant/gopher for LA, who had promised to finance his opening of a bike shop. Anderson cleaned up EPO and other illegal drugs from LA's apartment in Girona, and while it is true that there ensued a lawsuit of some kind between them, LA lied repeatedly under oath (what else is new) that he never had Anderson clean his quarters in Girona of drugs.

    Well, LA used his influence in the whole Austin cycling community to make sure Anderson never got a job (as a mechanic, I might add). He had to move his family to New Zealand to get a job.

    If I recall, you were defending LA to high heavens that he never doped. That was until he shut you up by going on Oprah to say all his successes in Le Tour resulted from doping. And do not try to deny it, or else I'll pull up your posts re same.
    Regards,

    Jed

  2. #27
    Trek 500 Kid Zinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Posts
    2,234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat4Lifer View Post
    is that he was trying to shake down Lance.
    dude most likely asked for a payoff and got a legal battle instead.
    As open as just about everyone says Lance was about doping to those around him,
    it's a lil difficult to believe that Anderson just happened to accidently find out and then
    Lance started treating him like trash. Seems more believable that Anderson, like most everyone
    close to Lance, knew all along he was doping and finally decided to blackmail him. And as far as
    his motivation to move New Zealand, no one but Anderson knows why he moved there, but I highly
    doubt it was because Lance ran him out of the country!Oh my ******* god, people are so ready to
    believe any silly sound thing.
    That's kind of the jest I got out of it just from reading Anderson's account. I didn't assume it in writing but I'm pretty good at reading between the lines. Now did he get stiffed in their business deal ? Dunno. I wasn't there and I'm sure there's plenty that we don't know about it. Maybe Anderson should have pursued a genuine career of some sort for a little more financial security instead of latching onto a sports figure....like he said in so many words.

    It gets into tabloid land when you start getting into sports figures personal lives anyway and I don't read tabloid.....Well except for Anderson's little piece.
    Last edited by Zinger; 07-23-13 at 02:39 PM.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

  3. #28
    Senior Member Giacomo 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Queens NYC
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cthenn View Post
    Another Lance Armstrong bit*h-fest thread, eh?

    Meh, in 10 years (or less who knows), Froome will be filling the disgraced, doped up Tour winner role quite nicely.
    Do you ever have something positive to say about professional cycling?
    Colnago Super
    Basso Gap
    Fabio Barecci
    Miyata 1400A

    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride."
    ~
    John F. Kennedy, Former U.S. President

  4. #29
    Velo Club La Grange Cat4Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MDR, CA
    Posts
    1,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    If you do not know what you are talking about, then it is best to clam up!
    And yet, you refuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    Mike Anderson was a personal assistant/gopher for LA, who had promised to finance his opening of a bike shop. Anderson cleaned up EPO and other illegal drugs from LA's apartment in Girona, and while it is true that there ensued a lawsuit of some kind between them, LA lied repeatedly under oath (what else is new) that he never had Anderson clean his quarters in Girona of drugs.
    And you know this to be true because Anderson says so, eh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    Well, LA used his influence in the whole Austin cycling community to make sure Anderson never got a job (as a mechanic, I might add). He had to move his family to New Zealand to get a job.
    Again, you believe it because LAnce a meanie and a liar and Anderson has always told the truth, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    If I recall, you were defending LA to high heavens that he never doped.
    Did Anderson tell you that one too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    IThat was until he shut you up by going on Oprah to say all his successes in Le Tour resulted from doping. And do not try to deny it, or else I'll pull up your posts re same.
    I am officially denying it, with all my might too.
    Now, make good on your oh-so-fearsome threat. lol

  5. #30
    Velo Club La Grange Cat4Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MDR, CA
    Posts
    1,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinger View Post
    That's kind of the jest I got out of it just from reading Anderson's account. I didn't assume it in writing but I'm pretty good at reading between the lines. Now did he get stiffed in their business deal ? Dunno. I wasn't there and I'm sure there's plenty that we don't know about it. Maybe Anderson should have pursued a genuine career of some sort for a little more financial security instead of latching onto a sports figure....like he said in so many words.

    It gets into tabloid land when you start getting into sports figures personal lives anyway and I don't read tabloid.....Well except for Anderson's little piece.
    Yeah who knows...
    Maybe Lance casually said something like: "Oh sure, one day we'll open a bike shop."
    Kinda like I say: I'ma treat everyone to everything if and when I hit the lotto.

  6. #31
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cat4Lifer, there was an extensive feature in Outside magazine regarding the LA/Anderson affair. If you really want to, you can look for it on the web.
    Regards,

    Jed

  7. #32
    Velo Club La Grange Cat4Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MDR, CA
    Posts
    1,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jed19, is that the one where Anderson says his version is the truth?
    Yeah, I already checked it out, bro.

  8. #33
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat4Lifer View Post
    Hey Jed19, is that the one where Anderson says his version is the truth?
    Yeah, I already checked it out, bro.
    Man, you are die-hard LA fan, aren't you?
    Regards,

    Jed

  9. #34
    Velo Club La Grange Cat4Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MDR, CA
    Posts
    1,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    Man, you are die-hard LA fan, aren't you?
    Oh of course, because I don't have my head up my ass and don't believe Anderson's silly sounding
    I-found-out-Lance-was-doping-so-he-ruined-my-life story that Anderson came up with, I must be a Lance fan.
    Man, you are a die-hard Anderson fan, aren't you?

  10. #35
    bt
    bt is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    903
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at least lance still has one friend left.

  11. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bossier City, La
    My Bikes
    70's Motobecane, 89 Centurion Ironman
    Posts
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    Maybe Lance was invited and he just had the class to decline.
    Maybe he will never be invited because he was stripped of all his wins. Make any sense? Just Sayin....

  12. #37
    Trek 500 Kid Zinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Posts
    2,234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    Hey Cat4Lifer, there was an extensive feature in Outside magazine regarding the LA/Anderson affair. If you really want to, you can look for it on the web.
    Already read it myself.
    Already read Tyler Hamilton's book.
    Already read Travis Tygart's account.

    Verbal agreements for any long term work relationships leave too much room for unrealistic expectations as well as possible exploitation. Verbal agreements are for people working under the table while collecting unemployment. Everyone else should get it in writing.

    As far as who had the unrealistic expectations I'd not hazard a guess in this case, lol. If I were a judge in a civil case (God forbid) I'd say it was most likely the guy expecting a bike shop without having to kiss a lot of a** for it.

    And if you are working for a stingy and exploitative employer (IF that were the case) it's wise not to invest so much time there that you can't fill in the blank for a job reference.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    5,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dahoss2002 View Post
    Maybe he will never be invited because he was stripped of all his wins. Make any sense? Just Sayin....
    Wait. What!?! All of them?

  14. #39
    pluralis majestatis redfooj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DEN
    My Bikes
    blue fuji, black khs, yellow giant, and a little red 'Rosa
    Posts
    2,547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabyjames View Post
    Really doesnt matter as far as doping goes does it? Eddy may not have went out and hurt people like Wonderboy did, but Merckx/Coppi and Miggy have kinda sorta admitted to(or alluded to the fact) they doped, so why should they get a pass and others dont?. Not in any way a Wonderboy fan, but the blatant hypocrisy doesn't make them look very good, regardless of the SOL. Merckx admitted to doping, or taking banned substances(or at least that's the word on the street), so why the special treatment? OP has a point.
    the same reason why people dislike Barry Bonds more than an Andy Pettite or David Justice - hes a bigger, more popular, more recent *******

  15. #40
    SLJ 6/8/65-5/2/07 Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    SE Florida, USA aka the Treasure Coast
    Posts
    5,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dahoss2002 View Post
    Maybe he will never be invited because he was stripped of all his wins. Make any sense? Just Sayin....
    Winner, winner chicken dinner!

    LA is not (officially) a TdF winner. Merckx, Indurain and the others are. He (LA) has, I believe, 2 stage wins in the books from before 1999. That puts him in a relatively small, but growing, group of US riders but is nowhere near enough to get him invited to a last stage ceremony/presentation.

    Combine that with the fact that LA never got along with the TdF sponsors (and they gladly reciprocated the animosity) even when the subject wasn't doping and I do think it'll be a long time until we see LA as a guest at the TdF. He may stand in the crowd on the Ventoux but I kind of doubt that too.

    It is, what it is.
    “Life is not one damned thing after another. Life is one damned thing over and over.”
    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  16. #41
    Descends Like Avalanche HigherGround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between Funkytown and Margaritaville, PA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R330, Litespeed Classic, Eddy Merckx MX Leader, Specialized Rock Hopper Comp (1988!)
    Posts
    5,740
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    He may stand in the crowd on the Ventoux but I kind of doubt that too.
    I doubt his ego would allow that to happen.
    The rider in my avatar is David Etxebarria, not me.

  17. #42
    Senior Member Homebrew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ffld Cnty Connecticut
    My Bikes
    Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales
    Posts
    15,505
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    Wait. What!?! All of them?
    Just the ones in which he was doping.
    Bikes: Old steel race bikes, old Cannondale race bikes, less old Cannondale race bike, crappy old mtn bike

  18. #43
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew01 View Post
    Just the ones in which he was doping.
    Regards,

    Jed

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    5,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew01 View Post
    Just the ones in which he was doping.
    You may want to review the context of my first post:

    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    Maybe Lance was invited and he just had the class to decline.


















    Woo-hoo! Ha, ha. Ha, HA, ha! Whoa-doggy, I just crack myself up.

  20. #45
    Walmart bike rider gpsblake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,663
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's more news about Lance today. Lance claims the USPS team knew about the doping allegations in 2000 but chose to renew his contract anyways. It's part of the civil suit the government has filed against Armstrong.

    http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...-bargained-for

  21. #46
    Senior Member loneviking61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    My Bikes
    Schwinn 700c, Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What bugs me about the doping 'scandal', is that the riders are going down for the doping, but they had to have had a lot of help. Even if you get the EPO and/or T Cyp. yourself, you'd have to have someone monitoring your Hgb and Hct to keep it from going to high. Hgb and Hct go over 20/60, you'll be very short of breath just walking around---so who was monitoring guys like L.A.? And based on that monitoring, who was helping them adjust their doses? No, there's plenty of blame to go around, it's just one of those 'here, but don't get caught and if you do get caught we don't know you' sort of thing.

  22. #47
    gmt Grumpy McTrumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    11,925
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gathered from Tyler's book that he had his own blood spinner.

  23. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    5,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpsblake View Post
    There's more news about Lance today. Lance claims the USPS team knew about the doping allegations in 2000 but chose to renew his contract anyways. It's part of the civil suit the government has filed against Armstrong.

    http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...-bargained-for
    Ahh, the Otter defense: You effed up, you trusted us.

  24. #49
    Senior Member Jed19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loneviking61 View Post
    What bugs me about the doping 'scandal', is that the riders are going down for the doping, but they had to have had a lot of help. Even if you get the EPO and/or T Cyp. yourself, you'd have to have someone monitoring your Hgb and Hct to keep it from going to high. Hgb and Hct go over 20/60, you'll be very short of breath just walking around---so who was monitoring guys like L.A.? And based on that monitoring, who was helping them adjust their doses? No, there's plenty of blame to go around, it's just one of those 'here, but don't get caught and if you do get caught we don't know you' sort of thing.
    Michele Ferrari was Lance's doping doctor. Lance has not given him up yet, but he was the man!
    Regards,

    Jed

  25. #50
    Senior Member loneviking61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    My Bikes
    Schwinn 700c, Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
    Michele Ferrari was Lance's doping doctor. Lance has not given him up yet, but he was the man!
    Yeah, he gets off scot free, still has a medical license and a way to make a living.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •