Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 81 of 81
  1. #76
    Senior Member xfimpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,092
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    I am NOT going back and forth on this, I made no mistake on reading your post.
    There you go again. Read before posting. Actually, in your case, read carefully before posting.
    ______________________________________________

    I just wanna ride my bike.

  2. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Because of Internet lack of security only give USA, here; want more simply ask, through messaging.
    My Bikes
    I think I just found out (happy to finally be able to find out) that my bicycle is Raleigh's '2007 Venture 3.0 SR NEX-4000!
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mprelaw View Post
    There isn't a sport anywhere that bans someone for life for the first doping offense, as far as I know. In the NFL, for example, it's a whopping 4 games. Zero tolerance sounds fine in theory, but it can lead to injustices in certain situations. There is such a thing as accidental ingestion. Athletes are still responsible for what they ingest, but the circumstances can differ. Certain banned substances---like albuterol---are legal to use under a certain daily dosage limit. Would you ban someone for life if they test at a miniscule level over that limit? In that case, you'd likely get disqualified from the event, but not even suspended.

    I signed in just to include this part, to the above post, when professional athletes test positive and do other things (like creating and maintaining a
    PED<s> operation, threaten other professional athletes and recruiting other professional and non-professional athletes to the same PED<s> operation- NOT ALL ACCUSED TO HAVE BEEN DONE BY LANCE ARMSTRONG, BUT ALSO BY A ROD, THEY ARE IN THE SAME CATEGORY FOR ME). Some of those things are a lot worse than just one-time testing positive. If a professional athlete(s) do both or do more than two of them, then I assume you would agree they should face more than just one-time testing positive. That is of course if all of it can be proved; I remember that I was one of very few I knew who was on Lance Armstrong's side right up until he admitted to wrong doing, on the TV show. If Lance Armstrong admits to doing more than three-things wrong (like 4-positive tests or combination) then he should be banned and stripped, forever.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 08-16-13 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added not just posting about Lance Armstrong

  3. #78
    Senior Member Shimagnolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Zang's Spur, CO
    Posts
    6,285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lenA View Post
    Any placebo stories out there?
    Read "Breaking the Chain", by Willy Voet.
    There is a story in there that had me ROTF!

  4. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post

    I signed in just to include this part, to the above post, when professional athletes test positive and do other things (like creating and maintaining a
    PED<s> operation, threaten other professional athletes and recruiting other professional and non-professional athletes to the same PED<s> operation- NOT ALL ACCUSED TO HAVE BEEN DONE BY LANCE ARMSTRONG, BUT ALSO BY A ROD, THEY ARE IN THE SAME CATEGORY FOR ME). Some of those things are a lot worse than just one-time testing positive. If a professional athlete(s) do both or do more than two of them, then I assume you would agree they should face more than just one-time testing positive. That is of course if all of it can be proved; I remember that I was one of very few I knew who was on Lance Armstrong's side right up until he admitted to wrong doing, on the TV show. If Lance Armstrong admits to doing more than three-things wrong (like 4-positive tests or combination) then he should be banned and stripped, forever.
    I try really hard to read GreatRedFont's posts, but they are just too... red.

  5. #80
    Grumpy Old Bugga europa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
    My Bikes
    Europa, Hillbrick, Road Chief, Repco Superlite (Ol' Rusty)
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprince View Post
    I try really hard to read GreatRedFont's posts, but they are just too... red.
    It's not the red that hurts, it's the content ... or am I making a mistake in assuming they're supposed to make sense.
    I had a good bike ... so I FIXED it

  6. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    5,878
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post
    It's not the red that hurts, it's the content ... or am I making a mistake in assuming they're supposed to make sense.
    Is the text really red? Or is it some kind of illusion that is brought on by reading the text?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •