Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    The Left Coast, USA FrenchFit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,451
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    "Fake It 'Til You Make It" - TREK FACTORY RACING

    Oh, sorry....I guess that's "Time to Go & Take It."

    So what's with the TDF team of heros of yesteryear (in Yankee pinstripes no less): Matthew Busche, USA; Fabian Cancellara, SUI; Markel Irizar, ESP; Gregory Rast, SUI; Andy Schleck, LUX; Frank Schleck, LUX; Danny van Poppel, NED; Jens Voigt, GER; Haimar Zubeldia, ESP

    I guess for some of these riders Time is running out, it is Time to Go.

    I'm intrigued; is this team really expected to shake things up or is this just rolling out brand names for the fans?

  2. #2
    johnliu@earthlink.net jyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    61 Bianchi Specialissima 71 Peugeot G50 7? P'geot PX10 74 Raleigh GranSport 75 P'geot UO8 78? Raleigh Team Pro 82 P'geot PSV 86 P'geot PX 91 Bridgestone MB0 92 B'stone XO1 97 Rans VRex 92 Cannondale R1000 94 B'stone MB5 97 Vitus 997
    Posts
    4,331
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict a serious house cleaning for the team next year.
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    553
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In spite of some notable old guys, they actually have a wealth of really good young riders. In fact they will have both the oldest (42) and youngest (20) rider in the tour this year.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Giacomo 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Queens NYC
    Posts
    2,022
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm, the oldest guy is leading stage 1...
    Colnago Super
    Torelli Pista
    Basso Gap
    Fabio Barecci
    Miyata 1400A

    It never gets easier, you just go faster. ~ Greg LeMond

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southeast
    My Bikes
    cyclotank
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Jens!

    He was the third in claiming first climb, and other two pretty much conceded sprint to him, so it made sense to go into solo breakaway when he really warmed up in order not to share. The crowd at second climb was epic!
    I take great pride in my humility.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    553
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomo 1 View Post
    Ummm, the oldest guy is leading stage 1...
    And now king of the mountains. Another "old" Trek guy came within a 100 meters of taking the win. Time might have run out already for the Schlecks, but I think Jens could go for another year or two (if he wanted to), and I'm guessing Fabian will be just fine.

  7. #7
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was an awesome stage for those guys.

  8. #8
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was an awesome stage for those guys. I didn't know they had Spartacus until today.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jakedatc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lil Rhody
    Posts
    2,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    This was an awesome stage for those guys. I didn't know they had Spartacus until today.
    he's been on Trek in whatever form for the last 3 years.
    2007 CSK
    199? Trek 1420 ** 15% Off Hammer Nutrition Referral Code **

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pleasanton,CA
    My Bikes
    2 Road 1 MTB
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprince View Post
    In spite of some notable old guys, they actually have a wealth of really good young riders. In fact they will have both the oldest (42) and youngest (20) rider in the tour this year.
    wealth ? there is only 3 guys under 30 on the Tdf team.. and other other 2 are in their late 20's...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    553
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    wealth ? there is only 3 guys under 30 on the Tdf team.. and other other 2 are in their late 20's...
    A dozen riders 25 or under, only three over 35, sorted by age...

    Danny van Poppel 20
    Calvin Watson 20
    Bob Jungels 21
    Jasper Stuyven 21
    Eugenio Alafaci 23
    Fabio Felline 23
    Fa”bio Silvestre 23
    Giacomo Nizzolo 24
    Julia”n Arredondo 25
    Jesse Sergent 25
    Boy van Poppel 25
    Riccardo Zoidl 25
    Robert Kis”erlovski 27
    Matthew Busche 28
    Andy Schleck 28
    Kristof Vandewalle 28
    Laurent Didier 29
    Fumiyuki Beppu 30
    Fabian Cancellara 32
    Hayden Roulston 32
    Markel Irizar 33
    Yaroslav Popovych 33
    Gregory Rast 33
    Frank Schleck 33
    Stijn Devolder 34
    Haimar Zubeldia 36
    Danilo Hondo 39
    Jens Voigt 42

  12. #12
    Redefining Lazy Slackerprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa via PDX, Summers on LV-426
    My Bikes
    2013 Cannondale Synapse 5 105, 2013 Giant Escape 3
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprince View Post
    And now king of the mountains. Another "old" Trek guy came within a 100 meters of taking the win. Time might have run out already for the Schlecks, but I think Jens could go for another year or two (if he wanted to), and I'm guessing Fabian will be just fine.
    Asked why he keeps racing, Jens replied, "I have 6 kids and a wife."
    With his current form, it's hard for me to imagine him sitting at home watching the races on TV next year.

    S
    Too fat for Castelli

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pleasanton,CA
    My Bikes
    2 Road 1 MTB
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprince View Post
    A dozen riders 25 or under, only three over 35, sorted by age...

    Danny van Poppel 20
    Calvin Watson 20
    Bob Jungels 21
    Jasper Stuyven 21
    Eugenio Alafaci 23
    Fabio Felline 23
    Fa”bio Silvestre 23
    Giacomo Nizzolo 24
    Julia”n Arredondo 25
    Jesse Sergent 25
    Boy van Poppel 25
    Riccardo Zoidl 25
    Robert Kis”erlovski 27
    Matthew Busche 28
    Andy Schleck 28
    Kristof Vandewalle 28
    Laurent Didier 29
    Fumiyuki Beppu 30
    Fabian Cancellara 32
    Hayden Roulston 32
    Markel Irizar 33
    Yaroslav Popovych 33
    Gregory Rast 33
    Frank Schleck 33
    Stijn Devolder 34
    Haimar Zubeldia 36
    Danilo Hondo 39
    Jens Voigt 42
    tdf team? Since this is the subject? Yes?
    Last edited by spdntrxi; 07-05-14 at 08:22 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    553
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    tdf team? Since this is the subject? Yes?
    I have no idea why the Schlecks are there.

  15. #15
    Senior Member RavingManiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    90 Raleigh Chill MTB, 92 Trek 1200, 2004 Trek 2300, 67 Sports, 70 Sports, 71 Philips, Lotus Challenger, 74 Super Course, Univega Gran Tourismo, Nishiki Seral
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprince View Post
    I have no idea why the Schlecks are there.
    Comic relief?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprince View Post
    I have no idea why the Schlecks are there.
    Both lost over a minute today, on a flat stage. The only explanation I can think of is that they want to be far enough behind on GC come the Alps that they'll be allowed away in some breakaways.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    553
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinster View Post
    Both lost over a minute today, on a flat stage. The only explanation I can think of is that they want to be far enough behind on GC come the Alps that they'll be allowed away in some breakaways.
    Andy crashed, again. I don't think the Schlecks' problems are physical. Trek didn't them any favors by not sitting them out. A dose of reality and then having them do the Vuelta (with a lot less pressure) might have been exactly what they need.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •