Notice Regarding Counterfeit Tarmac Framesets
Specialized has learned of counterfeit S Works Tarmac framesets being sold from several online marketplaces like eBay, Craigslist, and other regional online sources.
These counterfeit frames and forks are not safe, should not be ridden and are not under warranty.
- 2008 S Works Tarmac SL, size 52 & 54cm in Red and Blue colors.
- 2007 S Works Tarmac SL, size 52 & 54cm in Red and Blue colors.
Genuine Specialized framesets are carefully designed, engineered and tested to meet stringent internal and international standards. Most importantly, Specialized products may be purchased only through Authorized Specialized Retailers and NOT via the internet.
We have observed fake framesets with the following incorrect characteristics:
- No serial numbers on frame and/or fork
- Fork serial number under crown (Near Tire)
- Fork serial number starting with K85Lxxxx
- Headset carbon cone with FSA logo
This list is NOT conclusive….there are other indicators of counterfeit composite frames and forks.
These framesets may or may not include a counterfeit S Works Pave Seatpost. The counterfeit seatpost is not safe, should not be ridden and is not under warranty.
If you have any question regarding the authenticity of a Specialized product, please contact Specialized Customer Service at (877) 808-8154 or email Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org)