Just got back from pre-riding the Reston course. I would summarize it as:
- Not very hilly
- No mud
- No runups
- Lots of tight corners
- Lots of soft (somewhat water-logged) grass
- Paved (but narrow) straightaway over the dam
- One tricky off-camber downhill (expect some crashes here!)
- One patch of deep gravel (which you can avoid if you stay to the far right, near the tape)
- Different course from last year due to boat dock construction work near the concession area
I would rate the course a bit on the slow side due to all the soft grass and tight turns.
Conditions should be good tommorrow - mostly sunny, low to mid 50's.