This is my first build and first CX bike. I'm wondering which components are better to use, MTB or Road? I guess I'm really just talking about the derailers. I'm going to be using it primary around town and on dirt roads with a few trails here and there. I don't intend to compete with it, at least not yet.
I have can get a good deal ($330) on some used Dura Ace stuff:
- Dura Ace 9 speed shifters, flight deck ready.
- Dura Ace 9 speed rear derailleur (RD 7700), short cage.
- Dura Ace 9 speed braze-on front derailleur (FD 7700), double.
- Dura Ace 9 speed crank set, 53-39, 175 mm crank arms.
- Dura Ace Octalink bottom bracket (BB-7700). English, 109.5 spindle.
- Ultegra 9 speed cassette: 12-25.
- New 9 speed SRAM PC 971 chain.
What do you guys think?