Ok, I've been lurking here for months but this is 1st post. I've had MTB's for 20 years and now am ready to go CX (I think...) With family now there just isn't the time to go out, find trails, get lost, kill a whole day riding, so my riding has changed to....well....mostly commuting. I'd like to change that and here's what I'm planning
- Daily work commuting
- Midrange mixed surface rides (country, trail, gravel, hardpack, etc.)
- Have a multi-day ride 1x or 2x per year - nothing too aggressive just weekend getaway/camping
- Maybe keep up with Roadbike friends on weekend morning rides
- Get back into orgnaized events and enter some CX events - they might be called races, but I'll be a participant not necessarily a racer (used to do this on MTB's many many years ago)
Of course I want everything, but realize "everything" isn't a necessity. I can spend up to $1,000 (certainly don't want to if don't have to), but would go a bit higher if i could get everything I wanted (see question #1 below).
So here are the questions I could use your help with:
1) Am I looking for too much from one bike?
2) What are your top 3 bike recommendations
I'm a sorta old dog but ready for some new tricks...I think I need to give this a shot!
Thanks for listening and (hopefully) providing some direction and encouragement!