Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member tdblanchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Carbon frame....foxtrot?

    anyone ever heard of these frames??
    http://www.origin-8.com/foxTrot.htm
    for a carbon x frame, $500 seems like quite a steel! (pun intended....)
    here's the company site:
    http://www.origin-8.com/

    my buddy just got his '06 Specialized Tri-Cross warrantied for a Tri-Cross Carbon because the paint wore funny!!@!!
    now i'm jealous.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Iffacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    trying to find my way home on Cannock Chase
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdblanchard View Post
    anyone ever heard of these frames??
    http://www.origin-8.com/foxTrot.htm
    for a carbon x frame, $500 seems like quite a steel! (pun intended....)
    here's the company site:
    http://www.origin-8.com/

    my buddy just got his '06 Specialized Tri-Cross warrantied for a Tri-Cross Carbon because the paint wore funny!!@!!
    now i'm jealous.

    That looks to me to be an aluminium frame with carbon rear stays rather than a full carbon frame. even so it seems exceedingly good value for money
    Prerace, I use a misplaced faith in my innate ability, with a dose of needless optimism. For recovery, I use self-delusional techniques.

  3. #3
    ambassador of good will *new*guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NOVA
    My Bikes
    many.
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the frame w/ fork is more than $500 at dealer cost from J&B importers. just sayin'.
    Last edited by *new*guy; 10-26-07 at 03:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member tdblanchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    dealer cost?

    Quote Originally Posted by *new*guy View Post
    the frame w/ fork is more than $500 at dealer cost from J&B importers. just sayin'.
    so i guess NYC Bikes sells at "dealer cost". good deal!
    i think i may want a ridley or blue...

  5. #5
    ambassador of good will *new*guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NOVA
    My Bikes
    many.
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdblanchard View Post
    so i guess NYC Bikes sells at "dealer cost". good deal!
    i think i may want a ridley or blue...
    who knows. i'm just telling you what it's listed at in the catalog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •