Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Recreational Cyclocross and Gravelbiking This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like :The Dirty Kanza". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-08, 05:18 PM   #1
coke
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help choose pedals

My dad is buying this bike http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...m_cross_cx.htm

He will be riding on a paved road 80% of the time, and gravel roads and trails along a river the other 20%.

Which pedals would you recommend? He's buying a helmet from this site http://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub/1...nd+Straps.aspx so I'd prefer to buy from there to save on shipping.

Thanks
coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 05:52 PM   #2
non
Senior Member
 
non's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Quebec
Bikes: Peugeot
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can't go wrong with Time ATAC XS. They have lots of good reviews on these forums (try a search). I personally bought the new Look Quartz pedal to try something different. They really look interesting and looks like quality stuff. No to expensive either. Didn't receive them yet, but can't wait to try them out.
non is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 07:03 PM   #3
coke
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by non View Post
Can't go wrong with Time ATAC XS. They have lots of good reviews on these forums (try a search). I personally bought the new Look Quartz pedal to try something different. They really look interesting and looks like quality stuff. No to expensive either. Didn't receive them yet, but can't wait to try them out.
forgot to mention, budget is around $50
coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 08:17 PM   #4
non
Senior Member
 
non's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Quebec
Bikes: Peugeot
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ATAC Aliums 49,95$ - http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...um+Pedals.aspx
non is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 08:28 PM   #5
coke
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks

just for a comparision, what clipless pedals would you recommend

Last edited by coke; 06-15-08 at 08:37 PM.
coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-08, 09:51 AM   #6
non
Senior Member
 
non's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Quebec
Bikes: Peugeot
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't recommend anything as I have not tried any of them. I just made alot research (as previously mentionned, I ordered a pair of Look Quartz that have yet to arrive).

I just know alot of people like the Time ATACs (Aliums, XS, etc.).
non is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.