Tell me everything you know about 2002 Lemond Poprad quicK!
I sees me a Lemond 2002 poprad for cheap. I want it bad. All I know is that the frame is a size 59cm and that it has 853 steel (drool!). Is there anything anyone can tell me about this bike? I need to make a decision quick! I will also cross post this in the commuters forum.
I know it has some crappy components like Sora
* Frame: Reynolds 853 steel (gold with red decals)
* Fork: Reynolds steel
* Rims: Mavic A719 36-spoke pattern
* Tires: Continental Twister
* Handlebar: Bontrager cyclocross
* Handlebar tape: Cinelli Gel Cork (red)
* Stem: Ritchey 80mm
* Brake levers: Tektro (with quick wheel release)
* Brakes: Avid Shorty 6
* Brake pads: Shimano XTR cartridge
* Gear shifter: bar-end Shimano Dura-Ace
* Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore XT - 9sp
* Rear cogs: SRAM, 14-32
* Crankset: Shimano 105 converted single ring with chain protector (Salsa)
* Chainring: Surly 42 steel
* Bottom bracket: Shimano 105
* Chain: SRAM 9-sp
* Seat post: Bontrager
* Seat: WTB Rocket V
* Cables: Jagwire Street (brakes) and Shimano Dura-Ace (gears)
what condition is the bike and parts.. It has good wheels and decent components from your list.. Depending on condition and how many miles, it could be anywhere from 500.00 to 800.00..
The drive train is pretty much new. How does 853 steel ride? I have a Cross Check now. How much more would you pay if the CC was 853 instead?
are these hypothetical questions or is this a real bike for sale? How much are they asking?
Originally Posted by mosquito
This is a real bike. Asking price is $500.
That's not that great of a deal.. not really at all
Okay quickly! Ahh it's a cyclocross bike. Did I win?
I ride my bike
$500 is a good deal if its in nice, low mileage shape.. the 853 frame, (if it fits) at that price is a good deal. slick color scheme too (and thats the most important thing)
what else are you considering for $500?