FYI, Brake interuptor is an old term. Now days people call them Crosstop Brake Lever. I don't know why you have to insult me the way you did, but I laughed because I haven't heard that term in a while. Anyway, sorry if I hurt your feeling. Have a great night.
EDIT: I work in the industry but, feel free to guide me to things that I don't know.
I apologies if I offended you, or you felt insulted.
It was more of a joke than anything.
I use smileys to show that, since sarcasm is impossible to gauge on the web.
Just remember never to take any of my posts too serious.
Nothing really bothers me on BF, I don't take things as serious as most here.
Been lurking around here for a while now. Decided to sign up for an account
and show off my newly completed rig for next season.
Frame: Ridley X-Fire, size 52cm
Stem: Pro Vibe 7S, 100mm
Handlebar: Pro Vibe 7S compact, 42cm
Handlebar tape: Pro Smart Silicon
Brakes: TRP EuroX Carbon with Swissstop Black Prince
Front derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Shift/brake levers: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11 speed, 11-28
Chain: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Crankset: Shimano Dura Ace 7900 46/38 with 172.5mm cranks
Pedals: Shimano XTR PD-M980
Wheelset: 4ZA Cirrus Pro Carbon
Tires: Dugast Smallbird 32mm
Saddle: Prologo Nago Evo
Seatpost: Pro Vibe 7S
Got my new CX bike built up a few weeks ago. I've got it setup mostly for gravel rides right now. Plans are to use it for the Dirty Kanza 200 in May. I've got no complaints so far. The bike feels great, handles well on gravel roads, and the gearing seems just about perfect. The only changes I've made so far have been changing out the seatpost and stem to Thomson and changing out the tires to Clement X'Plor MSO 40c tires.
sold my TCR and got this clapped out turd.
its better for my commute and im gonna try racing cx locally.
Look at all those bikes hanging around. Your garage/work space is a thing of beauty.
Here is my new 2013 CAADx Ultegra Disc. Got the road tires, pedals, cages and garmin mounted and ready to go. I will be using this bike 75% on the road, the other 25% on rail trails. Loving it so far.
The white zip ties on the front of the frame will be replaced with black zip ties once I can remember to pick some up at the store. The zip ties are holding my Bike Eye mirror in place.
I think Cannondale did a great job with the green highlights. Nice ride Sportster2009.
Just finish building it up. Still tweaking it.
A pic from my shakedown ride after a fork swap:
I recently took all the Shimano 105 group (compact) off my road bike and replaced it with Ultegra and replaced the wheels and bars. I figured I'd buy a CX frame and put the Mavic Aksiums on it and the 105 group. Compact should be fine for the purpose I'll use the bike for which is riding crushed limestone/gravel converted rail road trails near my home. The 70 mile loop is pretty flat except for some bridges. I'm a little concerned on the size (M/L or 56cm) as with the current 700x25 tires on it now, I'm resting on the top tube when standing over it. Bigger tires are going to increase that a little. I think a M frame would have been best but hopefully this will work.
I already have a flat bar bike with mountain/cx gearing so not too worried about a true CX chain ring. In any case, I picked up this 2013 Giant TCX Advanced SL frame from ebay for about $700 and it's in near perfect condition other than a few paint scratches on the seat post where the seat was mounted lower (in fact I may be close to that point when I fit the bike anyway, and by the rear cassette on the inside of the stay. It also has all internal cable routing which I really liked.
I realize this bike as built by Giant retails for $4,350 due to the SRAM Red gruppo but wondering if you guys think I got a pretty good deal on the frame considering I'm going to slap a 105 set on there. Only thing I need to buy are brakes, a saddle, stem, a set of cross tires, and bar tape.
I guess my frame falls into the if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything category? :)
no. TCX is super nice. can't wait to see it built up. too bad you got the frame slightly too big.
since I'm here I'll share this pic of my Ridley. not pictured easton ea90 wheels and a thomson post