Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Recreational Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (http://www.bikeforums.net/recreational-cyclocross-gravelbiking/)
-   -   Steel frame cross bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/recreational-cyclocross-gravelbiking/60527-steel-frame-cross-bikes.html)

chuckg 08-05-04 03:48 PM

Steel frame cross bikes
 
Hello, this is my first post on this forum.

Besides the Jamis Nova, LeMond Poprad, and Surly Cross Check what are some steel frame cross bikes?

jeff williams 08-05-04 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ritchey Swiss cross http://www.ritcheylogic.com/

Can't say I like the color. I ride a mtb by this guy and it's wicked.

>jef.

oldskoolboarder 08-05-04 04:43 PM

Soma, Independent Fab, Sycip, Soulcraft, Vanilla, Steelman. Yes, my dream list. BTW, I ride a steel IF Planet X. Fantastic.

Mister_Salty 08-05-04 05:22 PM

I ride a Sycip Crossdresser, steel frame. I love it--classic steel ride, bulletproof!

oldskoolboarder 08-05-04 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Salty
I ride a Sycip Crossdresser, steel frame. I love it--classic steel ride, bulletproof!

Pix! I'd like to see that...

stric 08-06-04 12:19 AM

I ride a Pinarello steel frame cx bike. I've bought a steel frame made by Pinarello. it was one of the last runs of steel cx frames by this Italian manufacturer. The rest os the bike is pretty much Campy Centaur and bunch of other nice goodies. Rides like a dream. Last time I checked I noticed that Pinarello switched to Aluminum in their cx line. Too bad. I know a place where you can get one of these frames. Email me if you need more info: iemir@yahoo.com
Otherwise you can go full custom as other person has suggested.

asterisk 08-06-04 11:23 AM

i ride a Soulcraft and its a dream =)

Chop 08-06-04 01:17 PM

Bianchi Volpe

ajkloss42 08-06-04 02:19 PM

I like my Eurocross. http://steelmancycles.com/eurocross.html

chuckg 08-09-04 11:37 AM

Thank you everyone for your help.

phillybill 08-09-04 01:13 PM

Gunnar Crosshairs........REynolds 853 , hard to go wrong. Very comfortable, but stay away from the AL. fork.

moose1 08-10-04 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckg
Hello, this is my first post on this forum.

Besides the Jamis Nova, LeMond Poprad, and Surly Cross Check what are some steel frame cross bikes?


The Bianchi Axis crossbike. I got mine in May. Awesome bike once you get the front brakes properly tuned.

Moose

Stubacca 08-10-04 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose1
The Bianchi Axis crossbike. I got mine in May. Awesome bike once you get the front brakes properly tuned.

Moose

Awesome bike, but not steel... :)

Mister_Salty 08-17-04 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a photo. Sorry for the delay

oldskoolboarder 08-17-04 11:41 AM

Very nice. Hopefully, it'll be at the races next month...

Revtor 08-18-04 03:06 PM

2005 Poprad switches from Reynolds 853 to Platinum tubing, gets a true cross double crankset with a 12-27 cassette, carbon post and better quality inline levers.. still basically the same price and still 105 all around.. white with blue panels paintjob looks awesome to boot. buy it!

~Steve (2004 black 853 poprad)

noisebeam 08-18-04 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revtor
2005 Poprad switches from Reynolds 853 to Platinum tubing, gets a true cross double crankset with a 12-27 cassette, carbon post and better quality inline levers.. still basically the same price and still 105 all around.. white with blue panels paintjob looks awesome to boot. buy it!

~Steve (2004 black 853 poprad)


I bought one this past Saturday. It was supposed to arrive today (Wed.) but now is scheuduled to arrive Monday. LBS said, maybe, a slight chance it will get here by Friday. I sure hope so as it will occupy my weekend.

Al


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.