Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Huzzah! new Bike

    Made my first payment today. New bike is being built and will be on its way shortly!

    '05 Soul Monk!
    Woot: 'bLog

  2. #2
    Guy with bike
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I been checking out your posts about them and their webpage. Looks interesting. Have you ridden a soul bike yet? How do you know about them? I'm very interested in them...

  3. #3
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not ridden one yet; and I actually heard about them through the MTB Forum. Went and checked them out online. Called and got them to fax me specs on their cyclocross frame. Became very interested and started doing some research on componants. Called them up and told them that I was probably just going to get the frame from them because I had to split payments up and would be doing that with sun and ski. They told me they'd do the same thing for me. So I am getting around 2g's worth of bike for 1400 shipped, with payments, in the colour I want!

    Awesome people to deal with, very helpful and no bs. I reccommend them whole heartedly! I will post pics and give opinions when I recieve the bike!
    Woot: 'bLog

  4. #4
    Senior Member B1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also getting a Soul frame, its one the way. May take a month or so to buid it though.

    Byron

  5. #5
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B1105
    I am also getting a Soul frame, its one the way. May take a month or so to buid it though.

    Byron
    A month to build? Did you have to get a size they don't have or something? Mine should be on its way next week.
    Woot: 'bLog

  6. #6
    Senior Member B1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I just bought a frame. I work at a shop so I get components a bit cheaper still so I'm taking my time builidng it. I'm basically putting campy centaur stuff on and like Avid brakes, and once I get some funds, I will lace a set of nice wheels.

  7. #7
    Bike Shop Girl Arsbars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    My Bikes
    Lots, road - mtb - cyclocross- commuting
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh Soul is basically 'sponsoring' anyone right now.. so if u want a decent aluminum frame- the time is now. A friend of mine has their XC frame built up and is happy with it for the price!
    BikeShopGirl.com : Helping women find their way in cycling
    CommuteByBike.com : Tips, news, reviews and safety for bike commuters

  8. #8
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's cool what they're doing. Although it may be sponsorship only by name, it's a nice way to get a nice product for a good price.

    I'm not complaining.
    Woot: 'bLog

  9. #9
    Bike Shop Girl Arsbars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    My Bikes
    Lots, road - mtb - cyclocross- commuting
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no no- that's why i said get it when u can. it's an AWESOME way to get people to promote you.. by *gasp* sponsoring people that don't race I mean look what ur doing, spreading their name everywhere you can. it's good, don't get me wrong at all. I give them full support.
    BikeShopGirl.com : Helping women find their way in cycling
    CommuteByBike.com : Tips, news, reviews and safety for bike commuters

  10. #10
    Senior Member bertt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Battleground, WA.
    My Bikes
    02 Giant NRS 1, 04 Klein Aura X, 04 Redline Conquest Pro, 04 Soul Cycles Monk, 04 Specialized Enduro
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thechrisproject
    I been checking out your posts about them and their webpage. Looks interesting. Have you ridden a soul bike yet? How do you know about them? I'm very interested in them...
    Here are a few pics. & specs they emailed me earlier this week. Frames are "in the rough".

  11. #11
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful!
    Woot: 'bLog

  12. #12
    Senior Member bertt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Battleground, WA.
    My Bikes
    02 Giant NRS 1, 04 Klein Aura X, 04 Redline Conquest Pro, 04 Soul Cycles Monk, 04 Specialized Enduro
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiber
    I have not ridden one yet; and I actually heard about them through the MTB Forum. Went and checked them out online. Called and got them to fax me specs on their cyclocross frame. Became very interested and started doing some research on componants. Called them up and told them that I was probably just going to get the frame from them because I had to split payments up and would be doing that with sun and ski. They told me they'd do the same thing for me. So I am getting around 2g's worth of bike for 1400 shipped, with payments, in the colour I want!

    Awesome people to deal with, very helpful and no bs. I reccommend them whole heartedly! I will post pics and give opinions when I recieve the bike!
    What build did you go with? What color? I am about ready to buy one but I want to check out a couple others first. Just can't make up my mind.

  13. #13
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2005 Soul Monk

    Something like that. We've revised a couple things but for the most part, that's it.
    Woot: 'bLog

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ordered one as well, initially i was a bit concerned about the sensiblity of doing it almost sight unseen but one of the advantages Soul has right now is that their bikes are Available! Lots of mftgr's cross frames aren't at the moment (most are sold out). Looked a bit harder at the drawing, saw some nice features that tell me they A) designed their own damn frames b) didn't give it touring bike angles c) made it disk compatible. For me these were some very important factors.

    So i placed an order online and crossed my fingers that it wasn't a mistake. That night at home i get a call and its Chad from Soul. On his dime we talked for close to an hour about the frame, the design, the promise of support and quality, business philosophy, parts selection and on and on. THAT was the selling feature right there. He's a good fellow to talk to, knows his product and the industry and sincerely seems to care. I ride a klein palomino XX...i've emailed them a swack load of times about this or that...think i ever got a response from gary or anyone else...noooooope. So for someone to say hi and spend the effort supporting his product and belief in it is rare and refreshing.

    I've only ridden 1 cross bike and it was a converted Devinci touring. SO my first ride on the Monk will not be a comparison but more of a discovery. It will be raced in our provincial (yes province, i'm in atlantic canada...eh) series, it will be raced at the National Championships that we're hosting in November (http://crossnationals.mbscycling.org/), then it'll be ridden for the hell of it. Commuter to work until the snows too deep, trail rides and road rides.

    It may be shipping as of today, once it arrives and is built and raced and ridden i'll post back honestly about the experience.
    Cheers.

  15. #15
    Senior Member bertt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Battleground, WA.
    My Bikes
    02 Giant NRS 1, 04 Klein Aura X, 04 Redline Conquest Pro, 04 Soul Cycles Monk, 04 Specialized Enduro
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlerx
    I've ordered one as well, initially i was a bit concerned about the sensiblity of doing it almost sight unseen but one of the advantages Soul has right now is that their bikes are Available! Lots of mftgr's cross frames aren't at the moment (most are sold out). Looked a bit harder at the drawing, saw some nice features that tell me they A) designed their own damn frames b) didn't give it touring bike angles c) made it disk compatible. For me these were some very important factors.

    So i placed an order online and crossed my fingers that it wasn't a mistake. That night at home i get a call and its Chad from Soul. On his dime we talked for close to an hour about the frame, the design, the promise of support and quality, business philosophy, parts selection and on and on. THAT was the selling feature right there. He's a good fellow to talk to, knows his product and the industry and sincerely seems to care. I ride a klein palomino XX...i've emailed them a swack load of times about this or that...think i ever got a response from gary or anyone else...noooooope. So for someone to say hi and spend the effort supporting his product and belief in it is rare and refreshing.

    I've only ridden 1 cross bike and it was a converted Devinci touring. SO my first ride on the Monk will not be a comparison but more of a discovery. It will be raced in our provincial (yes province, i'm in atlantic canada...eh) series, it will be raced at the National Championships that we're hosting in November (http://crossnationals.mbscycling.org/), then it'll be ridden for the hell of it. Commuter to work until the snows too deep, trail rides and road rides.

    It may be shipping as of today, once it arrives and is built and raced and ridden i'll post back honestly about the experience.
    Cheers.
    Could you post some pics. when you get it? I would like to see what they look like finished.

  16. #16
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too will be posting pics and a review when I recieve my bike.
    Woot: 'bLog

  17. #17
    Senior Member bertt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Battleground, WA.
    My Bikes
    02 Giant NRS 1, 04 Klein Aura X, 04 Redline Conquest Pro, 04 Soul Cycles Monk, 04 Specialized Enduro
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone get there Soul cross bike built up and take any pics.?

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, souls built and has been through its first race. Initial impressions are that its wickedly stiff, power isn't wasted anywhere. With the mid range level parts i've got on it its still relatively light (haven't weighed it yet though). People seemed to respond favourably to it, aside from the fact that no one could tell who built it. Basically the Soul Cycles is too small and only on the top tube. with the huge billboard that is the downtube it looks like a stolen bike right now. I'll email soul for some decals for that. I'm not necessarily a proponent of mega decaled bikes but this is too sparten.

    climbs brilliantly, with the carbon post i had on it seems to be less harsh than i expected for a full on aluminum frame. the fork...she's stiff but again, i expected worse. I did notice that with the "strange brakes" i'm currently usign on the front that i can flex the forks outwardly a bit when applying pressure on them, that may translate into some cush overall but i've only raced it once so far so its too early to tell, Fit and finish is all very nice, nicer than i had expected really. Rear dropouts are nicely cut out and sculpted. very impressive overall.

    I'll be riding it recreationally this week and will have a better feeling for overall ride characteristics.

    feel free to email me directly for any additional info.

    don.ricker@moncton.ca
    Last edited by paddlerx; 10-18-04 at 09:25 AM.

  19. #19
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait until I get my pics up.
    Woot: 'bLog

  20. #20
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but you'll have to get a better model to stand next to yours

  21. #21
    Cyclocrosser.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Unit Zero
    My Bikes
    '04 Marin Nail Trail, '04 Haro V-3, '05 Soul Monk
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius
    Yeah but you'll have to get a better model to stand next to yours
    She isn't that bad! She is sexy in that whole mom way.

    How does a white thong sound? White thong, white frame.. Mmm..
    Woot: 'bLog

  22. #22
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean she was bad, on the contrary she's quite attractive.
    I just meant that the next model should be one-up, you know like weapons escalation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •