I'm looking for assistance in choosing a first bike for CX. I'd like a singlespeed, and this narrows it down substantially. The bikes I'm looking at are:
1) Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno - $399
- I've been told by folks that Moto brand was bought out, ain't what it used to be, and the components are lousy. Several reports of tacoed wheels can be found out on the interwebs. The plus is that it's cheap enough to buy with my current wallet.
2) Swobo Crosby - $750
- What are folks' impressions of the component-quality here? I like the versatility, with fender-mounts, etc, to make this a great all-rounder. It can be had for $750ish in my size (50cm), for which I only need to hock a few more personal items to be able to afford.
3) Masi Speciale CX/SS - $900+
- I have it on good authority that this one is a sweet set-up. The downside here is the amount of cash I'd have to hack up.
Please give your impressions and opinions, and other suggestions. I'm not cheap, I just don't have very much money to spend on a bike.
Thanks, in advance.