New to biking and been creeping this forum. Lots of awesome information!
I have been eyeing the Kona Jake. I was told by the LBS that it would be announced this week. Lo and behold, pictures were posted by Kona yesterday.
The differences that they state are
- Of course the Tekro Lyra disc brakes with 140mm rotors (Replacing tektro oryx cantis)
- Different rear triangle (more horizontal from my understanding)
The differences I noticed are
- Alex Black dragon wheels (replacing Alex AT-450, I'm assuming due to the disc brakes)
- Freedom Ryder tires (replacing Maxxis Mud Wrestlers)
- Tiagra rear derailleur (replacing the 105)
Thoughts? Assuming the stay at the $1150 CAD price point, is the new bike the better buy? Or should I look for the older version and ask for a discount?
Thanks in advance!