Our second child just outgrew our Chariot Cougar 2 that we have used for about 7-8 years. Our younger son is mentally handicapped, so we kept him in it until he physically outgrew it, 2-3 year beyond typical kids. They really were the best thing on the market at the time (imo), but haven't compared them all lately.
What I liked:
- Suspension... Our daughter stopped complaining about rough roads! (we stay on pavement, or rail trails)
- Padded 5 point seat belts, the sewn design stays in place. The hidden buckle is easy for adults to unbuckle, but difficult for the kids (our son tried).
- Hitch, dirt simple ball/socket design that works really well. Attaches in seconds. If you ever pull a cheap design with a spring at the hitch point, the difference is amazing. Attaches to the axle and doesn't scrape up the frame.
- Folds easily enough, although perhaps not the most compact.
- Great overall design that looks great, pulls great, ample storage, etc.
What I didn't like:
- Difficult for kids to wear normal bike helmets. We bought the smooth ones that looked more like skateboard helmets.
- Difficult to switch seatbelts from 1 kid to 2, as you have to unlace and relace the seatbelts through the padded "Y" piece. I never liked the feeling of pulling one kid sitting to one side and not having their weight centered.
Overall we were really pleased with this trailer, and never had any problems with it. Highly recommended.
Last edited by sunflowerflyer; 09-12-09 at 10:40 PM.