Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Enjoy
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Seattle metro
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200
    Posts
    6,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FREE to the first taker:

    Pedal covers that converts a SPD pedal to a regular flat pedal. Has amber reflectors on the sides and


    EDITED: CANCELLED DUE TO SAFETY FACTOR
    Last edited by vrkelley; 07-22-04 at 12:34 AM.

  2. #2
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,071
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give away the test ride platforms. They aren't safe for anything more than a spin around the parking lot. In all honesty you should never have been allowed to take them home.

  3. #3
    Enjoy
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Seattle metro
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200
    Posts
    6,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyn
    Don't give away the test ride platforms. They aren't safe for anything more than a spin around the parking lot. In all honesty you should never have been allowed to take them home.
    Raiyn,
    Test platforms? Hmmm. They came standard with my TREK 2200 on a SPD 540 pedal or similar. I must have ridden 50 miles on them before I got the RAD test and converted to the SPD cleat. If you're sure, I'll cancel. I don't want someone to get hurt...just cleaning my bike closet.

  4. #4
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,071
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vrkelley
    Raiyn,
    Test platforms? Hmmm. They came standard with my TREK 2200 on a SPD 540 pedal or similar. I must have ridden 50 miles on them before I got the RAD test and converted to the SPD cleat. If you're sure, I'll cancel. I don't want someone to get hurt...just cleaning my bike closet.
    I'm positive those things are there for the sole purpose of letting people in street shoes test ride bikes with clipless pedals without the shop having to constantly switch pedals.

  5. #5
    Enjoy
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Seattle metro
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200
    Posts
    6,167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Raiyn, In the garbage they go!

  6. #6
    Passing!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Red Lock Trail Head, Northfield Ohio
    My Bikes
    Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyn
    I'm positive those things are there for the sole purpose of letting people in street shoes test ride bikes with clipless pedals without the shop having to constantly switch pedals.
    My FBS doesn't even let folks test ride with them. They keep them on in the show room to size and adjust, than they take the pedals off and install platform pedals. They did this when I bought my last bike not realizing my cannondales had SPD's, and had to go back and put the stock pedals back on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •