I was wondering if you have come across any electric assist kits that will work on SWB recumbents besides the ones listed below?
Kits in general
• hub motor systems (all variations)
• roller, friction drive systems (ie zap)
• ZVO - awesome system (release for kits 2007) perhaps too much weight out front, IF it would fit http://www.zvoinc.com/
• Currie US pro drive and similar
• Stokemonkey http://cleverchimp.com/
• eLation http://elationebikes.com.au/prod01.htm
• Cyclone http://www.cyclone-usa.com/
Kits specific to Recumbents
• eco-speed http://ecospeed.net/
• EZ-1 mid drive www.blackbirdbikes.com/electricmotors.htm
I am interested in systems that utilize the gearing of the bicycle and a pedal freewheel so that you can assist at your own pace. Also I would love to hear from anyone who has a system other than hub or friction drive as to their experience. I have a hub motor in a DF bike so I’m familiar with that system and I had a friction drive system as well as a gasoline powered system (yuck). Thanks for your input.