A shiny new red Bacchetta Cafe!
I chose it over the Giro 20 and Agio (I had narrowed my decision down to these 3) because I liked the inbetween wheel base for my 12 mile each way commute on the chewed up busy city streets of Houston and semi-nimble handling compared to long wheel base Agio and other lwb bents. The components are basic decent stuff that should last me a while. I decided to stick with the Re-Curve seat because I like the mesh back and the bottom has the waterproof cover. I also had the shop order me the Bacchetta fenders, under-seat rack and kickstand. And they installed a Mirrcycle mirror on the left bar. Big thanks to the guys at Planetary Cycles in Houston and you guys for answering my questions in my "do i need to get bent" thread.
Now of course I have some accessorizing questions!
1. With the bachetta rack, what are some good waterproof panniers?
2. Lights! I have a Light and Motion Vega light on my Riv... best place to install this on the cafe? And what about tailights? I like the cateye TL1000 but where should i put it???
3. Suggestions for cyclocomputer? I like the planet bike protege on my other bikes. It's wired. Will that work ok or should i go with something wireless?
4. Hand pump? I've have the aircartridge pumps but do prefer the frame pump on my DF.
5. What's some fast rolling but puncture resistent tires I can get in a 26 and 20? I also usually run my tires with the kever strip placed between the tire and the tube.
6. Any other suggestions for specific items or places to shop besides the giant mailorder places like nashbar and performancebike?