I bought a used Sun Bicycles EZ-1SC Lite and at $400.00, I think I've been ripped off.
Tell me if it's supposed to be like this or did the guy take it out of a box and put it together (badly) without looking at the instructions?
1) the gears are cheaper than my $70.00 Schwinn from Target. I can't go from 3rd to 2nd. I have to go down to 1st and then up to 2nd because all it does is clank and spin, not change. The other gears are so hard to shift, I need all my hand strength to change it, by then I've driven partially off the road or forced everyone else into the ditch. Amusing the first time, but...also, if I brush against the shifter, it changes gear.
Can I fix this or is this the way it is with this bike?
2) forget about coasting. Ever. Can't get up enough speed to coast. Is this because of the weirdo gears or is just the way this bike is?
3) it's slow, I can't keep up with my 11-year-old no matter what gear I'm in. I'm pedaling as fast as I can, my legs are whirling around but the gear ratio is so fubar that I'm not making any progress.
4) the chain is literally right against my ankle. Wearing pants will be a challenge when the weather changes. I can't see any way to keep clothing out of the chain since my leg rubs against it constantly. Do they make a chain cover and the guy forgot to put it on or what?
5) brake levers in a weird location, will try to move them down. Is this just something I have to get used to or did someone just put them in a strange place? It looks like I don't have a lot of options for moving them, space-wise.
Anyone know about this bike and can offer assistance?
If this bike is suppose to be like this, man, don't anyone else buy one, it sucks.