Hi all....I keep hearing about these bikes...i think i've only seen one in passing on the street. I have a few questions though.
1. What is the difference between a recumbent or velomobile? or are there none?
2. How do you clip on/off one of those two wheeled types? Aren't you more prone to falling over more so than a bike?
3. All factors aside (performance of rider, etc), does a recumbent go faster than a bike? They look slower to me.
4. I commute to work in the morning on unfriendly roads...speeds are roughly 50-60km/hr. Roughly 30mp/hr i think. Since I can't hit 50 km/hr on my bike, i ride on the sidewalk for safety issues. These are open wide suburban sidewalks. Can a recumbent hop on and off the sidewalks without difficulty?
5. Where do you buy one? I haven't seen any at the bike shop.
6. When I arrive at work on my mountain bike now (i only have one bike so i use it for everything for now), I am hot, and sweaty, will you get the same work out with a recumbent?
7. How is your visibility when your on the road? Any ever feel a big SUV won't see you because you are low to the ground?
8. I notice some recumbents have three wheel's. For those types, do you get pushed off the road a lot by cars? I live in an unfriendly bike city.
Thanks for any up-coming responses.