Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member cod.peace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    eastern Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Rans V-Rex
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I've been 'bent!

    I rode my new-to-me V-Rex for the first time today.

    It's lots of fun. I can't yet pedal in a straight line but that will come The front derailer needs a bit of tweaking and the brakes are squealing so I need to spend a little time with an allen wrench on it but other than that the bike is in great shape.
    old steel Specialized Hardrock

  2. #2
    Fat Guy Rolling dcrowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Agio, 80s Raleigh Record single-speed, Surly Big Dummy
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats!

    I ignored my 'bent for a week (rode the hybrid), until today. I rode in the rain to get to work. It was great to be 'bent again.
    Car-Free IT Geek
    My blog: fatguy.org

    Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, 1980s Raleigh Record single-speed conversion, Bacchetta Agio

  3. #3
    Senior Member cod.peace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    eastern Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Rans V-Rex
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrowell View Post
    Congrats!

    I ignored my 'bent for a week (rode the hybrid), until today. I rode in the rain to get to work. It was great to be 'bent again.
    Front D is adjusted. Brakes are next. I also have to figure out how to use the $20 trunk rack I bought off of Craig's List...
    old steel Specialized Hardrock

  4. #4
    el padre
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Kansas
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Posts
    1,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tis great to hear that another one is loveing the comfort and joy of the bent world. Hope you get the brakes running smooth...and stopping the bike too.

  5. #5
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,866
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cod.peace View Post
    Front D is adjusted. Brakes are next. I also have to figure out how to use the $20 trunk rack I bought off of Craig's List...
    Might need new brake shoes to make the brakes right, depending on what's on there now.

  6. #6
    Musashi Rider kennytb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Catbike 2010 / Bachetta - Café / Raleigh M80
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Congratulations & Me Too

    I bought a Bachetta Cafe a few weeks ago. My work commute is now even more enjoyable. Cycling in the rain isn't great but it wasn't fun on a mountain bike either.

    I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped at an intersection and pedestrians & drivers will offer a (pleasant) comment about the bike. I even had a Japanese tourist take my picture & then have someone take our picture together at an intersection on the Plaza.

    Does any manufacturer sell a mouth guard to keep the bugs out of my teeth since I smile so much when riding the recumbent?
    Peace & Long Life

  7. #7
    Fat Guy Rolling dcrowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Agio, 80s Raleigh Record single-speed, Surly Big Dummy
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennytb View Post
    Does any manufacturer sell a mouth guard to keep the bugs out of my teeth since I smile so much when riding the recumbent?
    Just think of that as an added (protein) bonus.
    Car-Free IT Geek
    My blog: fatguy.org

    Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, 1980s Raleigh Record single-speed conversion, Bacchetta Agio

  8. #8
    el padre
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Kansas
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Posts
    1,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the bug blaster toothpaste is not cheap......................

  9. #9
    Senior Member cod.peace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    eastern Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Rans V-Rex
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
    Might need new brake shoes to make the brakes right, depending on what's on there now.
    It's got Koolstop black pads right now. I'm thinking of just swapping them out for the combo salmon/black pads while I'm messing with them.
    old steel Specialized Hardrock

  10. #10
    Cycling Anarchist Trsnrtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennytb View Post
    Does any manufacturer sell a mouth guard to keep the bugs out of my teeth since I smile so much when riding the recumbent?
    To the original poster: Bent on!

    To Kennytb: Show those bug encrusted teeth proud!
    Dennis T

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cod.peace View Post
    I rode my new-to-me V-Rex for the first time today.

    It's lots of fun. I can't yet pedal in a straight line but that will come The front derailer needs a bit of tweaking and the brakes are squealing so I need to spend a little time with an allen wrench on it but other than that the bike is in great shape.
    Congrats to you for the new to you V-Rex. I wish you many happy miles.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcrowell View Post
    Congrats!

    I ignored my 'bent for a week (rode the hybrid), until today. I rode in the rain to get to work. It was great to be 'bent again.
    I envy you. I haven't got the courage to ride my Volae to work yet as I need to
    lock it out in the parking lot to the bike rack. The lot borders a somewhat high
    crime area. Maybe next Summer I'll ride it to work. I'ts a great candidate for
    commuting with a quick-release seat and a somewhat lockable frame.

    Happy Trails to all.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    My Bikes
    Rans Velocity Squared, Gary Fischer mountain bike, Vitus road bike
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Just got back from a ride on my new Rans V2. It's a 2006 model that never sold in the shop, got a great Ebay deal on an "old - new" bent. Have had it for a week and don't know if I'll ever ride my DF's again.

  13. #13
    Fat Guy Rolling dcrowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Agio, 80s Raleigh Record single-speed, Surly Big Dummy
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    I envy you. I haven't got the courage to ride my Volae to work yet as I need to
    lock it out in the parking lot to the bike rack. The lot borders a somewhat high
    crime area. Maybe next Summer I'll ride it to work. I'ts a great candidate for
    commuting with a quick-release seat and a somewhat lockable frame.
    I'm lucky in that regard... I park in my office.

    I may be changing jobs soon, and I'll have to park in the garage, but there is security and bike parking.
    Car-Free IT Geek
    My blog: fatguy.org

    Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, 1980s Raleigh Record single-speed conversion, Bacchetta Agio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •