Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Boot
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Holiday, FL
    My Bikes
    Early 80's Redline Proline, Mongoose Motomag, Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Burley Koosah reviews

    First post here... I was wondering if anyone can send me some links to reviews of this bike? I am currently in the market for an American Made recumbent under 1000 and this bike really intrigues me. I am recovering from several herniated disks and have been pretty much told that I won't be on my mtn bike for quite a while. They suggested a recumbent.

    Anyway, personal experience or links to sites with reviews would be greatly appreciated, also links to other interesting sites about recumbents would be great, I have found a few, and am having a hard time getting much info on them.

    Thanks,
    -Ray

  2. #2
    Senior Member ChiliDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Clermont County, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 2.1, Electra Townie 21D, Fuji Saratoga 1.0
    Posts
    734
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ray, none are out as yet that I know of. BentRiderOnline is working one up as is Recumbent Cyclist News, but they aren't out yet, to my knowledge.

    If you see the Jett Creek reviewed, it's most likely going to include the Koosah.

    There are a couple of threads on BROL re this bike, including my comments. I have one on layaway...have you had a chance to test ride one yourself? Pretty darn cool ride...
    The bike for you is the one you will ride!

  3. #3
    Boot
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Holiday, FL
    My Bikes
    Early 80's Redline Proline, Mongoose Motomag, Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had a chance to ride one, I am still waiting for my Dr. to release me to be able to ride a bike I am being treated for several herniated disks. I have sat on a few different styles and like the way the Burley feels. My LBS will let me take one for a day or a week, for a charge, to see how I like it if I buy from them they will apply that money towards the purchase.

    I'll keep looking around for reviews, thanks.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliDog
    Hey Ray, none are out as yet that I know of. BentRiderOnline is working one up as is Recumbent Cyclist News, but they aren't out yet, to my knowledge.
    Our Jett Creek review is in RCN 083 and does cover the Koosah. It is at the printers now.
    Bob Bryant
    http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  5. #5
    Boot
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Holiday, FL
    My Bikes
    Early 80's Redline Proline, Mongoose Motomag, Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bryant
    Our Jett Creek review is in RCN 083 and does cover the Koosah. It is at the printers now.
    Bob Bryant
    http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com
    Bob,
    Thanks, I will pick up a copy at my bike shop. When do you think they will get it? I am trying to do as much research on it as I can.
    Ray

  6. #6
    Senior Member ChiliDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Clermont County, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 2.1, Electra Townie 21D, Fuji Saratoga 1.0
    Posts
    734
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard there is one now in the Recumbent and Tandem Rider magazine also. I have not seen it, but it is out in bike shops.
    The bike for you is the one you will ride!

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfkiller
    Bob,
    Thanks, I will pick up a copy at my bike shop. When do you think they will get it? I am trying to do as much research on it as I can.
    Ray
    They haven't been mailed yet, maybe 2 weeks until they are in shops (if your recumbent shop sells RCN).
    Bob Bryant
    http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfkiller
    First post here... I was wondering if anyone can send me some links to reviews of this bike? I am currently in the market for an American Made recumbent under 1000 and this bike really intrigues me. I am recovering from several herniated disks and have been pretty much told that I won't be on my mtn bike for quite a while. They suggested a recumbent.

    Anyway, personal experience or links to sites with reviews would be greatly appreciated, also links to other interesting sites about recumbents would be great, I have found a few, and am having a hard time getting much info on them.

    Thanks,
    -Ray
    I tested a Koosah yesterday. Loved it! Sweet ride much nicer than Limbo to me. The steering was more intuitive and less twitchy. Frame has plenty of flex to provide a nice soft ride without shocks. Also was able to generate plenty of power on hills. I am probably going to be buying one soon myself.

    Ward

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •