Okay I have a number of questions that I am sure are stupid, but I have looked around for the answers, and I have not found them. But first a quick bio to give you reference for my questions:
Iím 45 and I am no longer in the shape I remember being. (Ha) I have a bulging disc in my lower back which will limit how long I can be in the roadie position. I am now looking at bents, and I will be riding on mostly flat ground. (Nothing anyone outside of Florida, would call a hill). I will be doing some riding with Ďroadiesí. ( and yes I would rather not embarrass myself too much, by lagging behind.) This much I got so far from reading this forum and other sites. Test ride, test ride, test ride. (this is easier said then done in some parts of the country. I have some places in the Tampa area that sells bents, but there is not a plethora of different makes.) I think I am partial to the short wheel base. I am also 6í2Ē with longer legs. I would love to be sub 1K, but seems like I might need to go as high as $1600 or $1700. I think that is all you need to know. Well one more thing; I am dyslexic, so please excuse what might look like creative spelling.
Okay so here are my NOOB questions:
1. Trikes versus other bents. I had the chance to rent a trike for a few hours in the Orlando area in a lazy ride with my family. LOTS of fun. I loved the quick turns, and USS. However I assume that if I am riding with roadies, I am going to want a two wheel bent? No way the trike is going to keep up with the roadies, unless I spend a Lot of $, right? I know that all bents will lose ground going uphill but I assume that the three wheels and extra weight will add a lot more drag than a two wheel bent?
2. I notice that USS is not as common with the two wheeler bents. I would think that would be a great hand position. What are your thoughts?
3. Does anybody know anything about these bikes? I canít find many recent professional critiques on them, they seem like great prices, but I donít know anything about their quality: http://actionbent.com/
4. Would you buy a used bent? And how much has technology changed the bents in the last few years?
5. What do think I should know that I am not asking?
Okay I think that is all the noob questions I havenít seen answered elsewhere, for now. Please give me an idea how long you have been riding bents and many different types. (How much of an authority are You? I have noticed on a sports forum I frequent, that the number of posts doesnít always relate to knowledge)
Peace and Grace