I habve a number of question about buying a bike carrier. I drive a Buick Regal and need a carrier for an EZ Sport. One issue I have is the car is a lease, I've already spoken to the leasing company and as I long as whatever I mount is removeable they have no problems.
My questions are:
1. I do not know what type of vehicle I will buying/leasing next (18 months left on this one). Are there carriers which can be adapted to various vehicles?
2. Other than the size difference, what is the difference between the 1 1/4 and 2 inch hitches.
3. I would like a removeable carrier or at least one which allows the horizontial piece to fold.
4. I would like a carrier that will accomodate 2 bikes.
5. I'd like to bring the entire purchase carrier, hitch and all in for less than $200.00.
6. Do carriers come with bike tie downs? If not what type of tie down/straps, would be recommendable?
7. Do I need some type of locking device for the carrier to prevent both theft of the carrier and/or bike?
8. Will LBS install the hitch or do I have to go somewhere else? If somewhere else, where?