Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Recumbent (http://www.bikeforums.net/recumbent/)
-   -   My "little" bike (http://www.bikeforums.net/recumbent/802117-my-little-bike.html)

dcrowell 03-02-12 09:13 AM

My "little" bike
 
I've been riding my Bacchetta Agio, a long-wheelbase recumbent. I've never heard anyone refer to this bike as "little" until earlier this week.

On Wednesday I pulled the trailer to work so I could pick up dog food on the trip home. I ride through a college campus for part of my commute.

After work, I go to the pet store and grab the dog food. The young-girl cashier mentions that she saw me riding my "little" bike pulling the trailer in the morning. I was slightly confused at first, but I guess it's lower to the ground, so "little" it is. :lol:

BHOFM 03-02-12 11:16 AM

Been looking for a word to describe recumbent riders, now I have it!

Low Down!

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9097/yosemitesam.gif

BlazingPedals 03-02-12 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHOFM (Post 13922651)
Been looking for a word to describe recumbent riders, now I have it!

Low Down!

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9097/yosemitesam.gif

Watch how ya sez that, VARMINT!!!

Creakyknees 03-03-12 12:35 PM

I suspect she was using the word "little" in the colloquial diminutive sense. As in, "how cute, please don't play with your little toys in the street where grownups drive cars". Did you get that sort of vibe from her at all?

Floyd 03-03-12 02:42 PM

I suppose either conotation works... I lean towards the low to the ground idea more but just the idea of calling a LWB a 'little' bike does make one wonder what the other person is thinking. I do have a "Bachetta clone" homemade with a 12 inch wheel on the front that could easily pass for a little bike.

Dudelsack 03-04-12 09:12 AM

I wrote a review (yet to be published) for the Bacchetta Giro. On the "weakness" column I put "not a good bike for introverts". It always draws comments. Never been told it was little, but have received many a "wow, that's weird" remark.

Grumpybear 03-04-12 10:15 AM

Just yesterday I heard the reply, "Oh what a cute bike", from 2 ladies on horse back as I rode by. Keep in mind I'm a big guy on a lg Easyracer.

dcrowell 03-06-12 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creakyknees (Post 13926443)
I suspect she was using the word "little" in the colloquial diminutive sense. As in, "how cute, please don't play with your little toys in the street where grownups drive cars". Did you get that sort of vibe from her at all?

No, I didn't get that vibe from her. She just didn't know how else to describe it.

dcrowell 03-06-12 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 13929208)
I wrote a review (yet to be published) for the Bacchetta Giro. On the "weakness" column I put "not a good bike for introverts". It always draws comments. Never been told it was little, but have received many a "wow, that's weird" remark.

Funny, I am an introvert. I used to get a lot more comments than I do now, but I lived in a small town before moving here. I've also had the bike for 3.5 years now, so a few more have seen it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:42 PM.